Non-O visa extension : how many time ?

Hello.

I just got my Non-O visa at Chaeng Wattana. 3 months.

I will apply for extension 30 days before expiration.

I will probably get 12 months extension.

How many time can I apply for extension ? Can I apply every year ?

Or, this kind of visa is limited to 1 time extension only ?

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes

Regards your extension if you ever wish to exit Thailand make sure you obtain a reentry permit.

Some folk obtain the reentry permit same visit as the extension 

Thanks. If all documents are OK, will I get the 12 months extension on the same day as application ?

7 minutes ago, zenplay said:

Thanks. If all documents are OK, will I get the 12 months extension on the same day as application ?

Yes.

Go early so that if any issue you have time to fix it up.

Note that your 12 extension is added to the expiry date of current extension 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, zenplay said:

When your application for the 1-year extension of stay is based on your original 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of RETIREMENT > Then yes

But if your application is based on an original 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of MARRIAGE (or dependant children) > Then you will have to go through an 'under consideration' period, during which your application needs to be approved by Divisional Headquarters and during which you might get a visit from Immigration to check whether you are indeed living together with your Thai wife at the address you provided.  That's a mostly bureaucratic process and it is very very rare that an Imm Office accepted application is later rejected. The 'under consideration' period normally takes approx 2 weeks and Immigration provides you with a date on which you have to come back to get the approved stamp in your passport. 

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2023 at 3:29 PM, Red Phoenix said:

The 'under consideration' period normally takes approx 2 weeks and Immigration provides you with a date on which you have to come back to get the approved stamp in your passport. 

Over a month here 5 weeks last time

Edited by RubbaJohnny