Covid-19 mRNA Vaccines Win Nobel Prize for Medicine 2023

3 hours ago, cmsally said:

I managed to heal myself by researching hundreds of articles as well as the good old scientific trial and error. It was through that trial and error I discovered some things that worked very well. I was eating turmeric , pineapple and natto before there were any articles on them.

The most avid researcher is the one whose life depends on it not the one who is being paid to do it.

I like the G3 for general good health.

Ginseng, garlic and ginger. But I have researched 'Magnesium' and think it's well worth considering for those aches and pains. Sometimes there is a lack of synthesis of calcium causing inflammation in the joints. Magnesium helps 'me' with this.

Obviously can't give out medical advice. Of course for ultimate good health; visit your doctor.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I like the G3 for general good health.

Ginseng, garlic and ginger. But I have researched 'Magnesium' and think it's well worth considering for those aches and pains. Sometimes there is a lack of synthesis of calcium causing inflammation in the joints. Magnesium helps 'me' with this.

Obviously can't give out medical advice. Of course for ultimate good health; visit your doctor.

"Magnesium" - a good excuse to eat a bar of dark chocolate a day (I did that at one point too!).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

What a lot of old cobblers or claptrap whatever you want to call it and it is typical of the anti-VAX brigade to come out with this type of belief/statement: –

"The Big Pharma system is a massive industry/business. Pharma companies actually now dictate the syllabus of learning doctors.. Although the 'pill of every ill' theme has been with us for yonks. In today's world one cannot get to a be a doctor unless a certain script is adhered to. Many doctors and scientists, owe their living to Big Pharma. It's not in their interests to 'rock' the boat".

Heard it all before and it's absolute nonsense, and really doesn't bear witness to what is actually happening in the medical and scientific world. It's a wonder people with these views are allowed to carry on poisoning the weak minded through their stupidity and beliefs/lies.

Sorry you don't agree.

I actually spent a year in medical school, back in the day. I know what I'm talking about. Don't think much has changed between then and now.

19 minutes ago, cmsally said:

"Magnesium" - a good excuse to eat a bar of dark chocolate a day (I did that at one point too!).

Ah yes chocolate.

When I lived in the Caribbean, very dark chocolate was readily available. Ladies would come round the streets with balls of it, as big as coconuts. Selling it off their carts. They were simply harvesting the tree's fruit and making a living. A big ball of it, weighing about 2kg, was just 20 dollars Jamaican. And the exchange rate then was 80 dollars to the pound; so quite cheap.

It is extremely bitter to my taste, and I liked it mixed with pure honey. However!!! Any good it was doing me was somewhat negated by the copious amounts of rum consumed.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Sorry you don't agree.

I actually spent a year in medical school, back in the day. I know what I'm talking about. Don't think much has changed between then and now.

No I don't agree, specifically because my son is a doctor in London and has been for many years now, furthermore I have two good friends in NZ who are both doctors, and one is a surgeon, and I have been in touch with a couple of professors of urology in Melbourne and London, and none of the above fit the description you have posted, which basically takes away the freedom that these doctors have to be able to treat and diagnose patients.

So as I said, absolute rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

These are your words, and yet you are still on a 24-7 mission trying to convince people to stay up to date with their booster-shots, and denying any adverse effects from these wonder-jabs...

1. especially for people who are at high health risk such as older folks and those with various pre-existing health conditions, getting the current bivalent vaccine (as opposed to the newer 3rd gen vax not yet available in Thailand) is better than not getting any updated vax at all... once your last prior one was 6 months or more prior.

2. Contrary to your claim, I've never denied vaccines, or any medication for that matter, can have side effects, generally in rare cases. In the case of COVID vaccines, the most common ones are mild and passing. In the case of more serious side effects, the WHO, CDC and other health agencies have called them very rare.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

1. especially for people who are at high health risk such as older folks and those with various pre-existing health conditions, getting the current bivalent vaccine (as opposed to the newer 3rd gen vax not yet available in Thailand) is better than not getting any updated vax at all... once your last prior one was 6 months or more prior.

I do not agree with this paragraph.

The people you are suggesting to take the vax, are, in my opinion, the very ones who should not be going anywhere near it.

Seems to me, you are simply echoing a trodden line, and not applying common sense.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

More nonsense from you. 

Nonsense!! Really!! So blinkered! Because I don't see things your way.

Check out Sam and Mark Bailey. Or the Perth Group. Or one of my own groups; American Frontline Doctors.

32 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Check out Sam and Mark Bailey. Or the Perth Group. Or one of my own groups; American Frontline Doctors.

So you have finally given yourself away with one of the groups you follow, "America's frontline doctors" some of whom had their license to practice withdrawn due to the damaging and incorrect information they were putting out in the marketplace, advocating the likes of hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin to treat Covid 19, when in fact none of them have been proven to work.

The following describes it better than I can: –

America's Frontline Doctors (AFLDS) is an American right-wing political organization.[1][2][3] Affiliated with Tea Party Patriots co-founder Jenny Beth Martin and publicly led by Simone Gold, the group is opposed to measures intended to control the COVID-19 pandemic, such as business closures, stay-at-home orders, and vaccination. The group promotes falsehoods about the COVID-19 pandemic and COVID-19 vaccines.

AFLDS made its first public appearance during a media event on July 27, 2020, where they advocated for the use of repurposed drugs such as hydroxychloroquine as treatments for COVID-19. Their statements were made without the support of peer-reviewed evidence or regulatory approval, and the group also alleged that the pharmaceutical industry was intentionally sponsoring studies showing the drugs to be ineffective. Video of the event was distributed via right-wing websites and social media outlets, and also promoted by then-U.S. president Donald Trump and his son.[4][5][6]

In 2021, AFLDS shifted to anti-vaccine activism with the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines; the group made false claims about the vaccines' efficacy and safety, and began to promote paid telehealth consultations with "AFLDS-trained" physicians that would prescribe medications claimed to be COVID-19 treatments. It also filed lawsuits in attempts to block an expansion of the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for one of the vaccines, and to block a proof of vaccination mandate in New York City under a claim that it was inherently discriminatory against African Americans.

So if following this bunch of morons is where you get your information from, then it says much more about you than any of your posts ever can, so I won't be following any of them from here on in.

Goodbye to a "not so wise" owl.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Enough with the promotion of your conspiracy theories, this is getting tedious. We all know you're anti vax, you've claimed many times that vaccinations are putting poisons in your body, we all know you do not even believe in a pathogenic virus which is about as bizarre as can be.  But to come on here promoting your rubbish is toxic and not what this forum is about. Perhaps head to 4chan or somewhere more appropriate.

Sam Bailey who you are promoting was struck off being a registered practicing doctor by the New Zealand Medical Council for the covid misinformation and anti vax rhetoric she was promoting. Her infamous book she co wrote "Virus Mania" is nothing but a trip down the deep deep rabbit hole. 

https://factcheck.afp.com/new-zealand-doctor-makes-misleading-claims-about-countrys-pcr-testing-regime-widely-shared-youtube

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/canterbury/132743978/christchurch-doctors-statements-in-videos-attention-seeking-and-clickbait-health-expert-says

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Source?  how many shots?  Was the study done by scientists or was it a conglomeration of data from multiple countries.

My gut is telling me it was after 2 shots which few people had and by the time we did, we needed more shots because of newer variants.  

Probably a waste of time asking but I do remember it was forbidden to make claims without sourcing on this forum. I can only assume those rules apply to you.

The source links are in the post....................:saai:

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Or one of my own groups; American Frontline Doctors.

Not surprised you belong, considering your posting history:

America’s Frontline Doctors

CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE

Overall, we rate America’s Frontline Doctors a quackery-level pseudoscience website based on promoting false or misleading information regarding Coronavirus that does not align with the scientific consensus. We also rate them Low for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency and using known pseudoscience sources to draw their conclusions.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/americas-frontline-doctors/

The reference website here is one of those that the forum moderation team uses to help evaluation the credibility (or lack thereof) of sources posted in the forum.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, xylophone said:

There is no problem with my sincerity and intellect, or my ability to discuss topics, and the term "anti-VAX" is in my voice recognition software, so it is at hand and easy to use, and really does describe some of the rabid believers in this type of nonsense.

And as for your comment that, "huge amounts of money are spent on convincing busy doctors to prescribe the drugs", well my wife worked in sales for a major pharmaceutical company in the UK, and part of her job was to visit the doctors and run through the products with them, and how they could help patients. 

There was absolutely no way that these doctors were "forced" to prescribe any particular medicine. The decision what to prescribe was entirely theirs, based on what information and knowledge they had on any particular pharmaceutical.

That Doctors cannot be questioned is something you need to look at, and I hope you get the point!

Strange post.  May I ask how old you are?  In your world nice drug reps never convince doctors to use drugs they probably should not be prescribing.  You came to this conclusion because your lovely wife is a good person and a drug rep.  Congrats on finding your wife but it is just a tad more deep than her ethics.  You seem to have good intentions and as I stated a good wife but your reality might not be the end all.

This conversation is over for me.  You are set in your believes and they may be correct.  I just have a different opinion and we aren't having a productive converstion.  Feel free to respond, like I have a say- lol, that is only fair but I'm done.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

They called it "moving at the speed of science", which in more colloquial terms means "making stuff up as you go along".

Promoting myths again?

MYTH: Researchers rushed the development of the COVID-19 vaccine, so its effectiveness and safety cannot be trusted.

"There are many reasons why the COVID-19 vaccines could be developed so quickly. Here are just a few:

The COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna were created with a method that has been in development for years, so the companies could start the vaccine development process early in the pandemic.

The vaccine developers didn’t skip any testing steps, but conducted some of the steps on an overlapping schedule to gather data faster."

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines-myth-versus-fact

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, xylophone said:

So you have finally given yourself away with one of the groups you follow, "America's frontline doctors" some of whom had their license to practice withdrawn due to the damaging and incorrect information they were putting out in the marketplace, advocating the likes of hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin to treat Covid 19, when in fact none of them have been proven to work.

The following describes it better than I can: –

America's Frontline Doctors (AFLDS) is an American right-wing political organization.[1][2][3] Affiliated with Tea Party Patriots co-founder Jenny Beth Martin and publicly led by Simone Gold, the group is opposed to measures intended to control the COVID-19 pandemic, such as business closures, stay-at-home orders, and vaccination. The group promotes falsehoods about the COVID-19 pandemic and COVID-19 vaccines.

AFLDS made its first public appearance during a media event on July 27, 2020, where they advocated for the use of repurposed drugs such as hydroxychloroquine as treatments for COVID-19. Their statements were made without the support of peer-reviewed evidence or regulatory approval, and the group also alleged that the pharmaceutical industry was intentionally sponsoring studies showing the drugs to be ineffective. Video of the event was distributed via right-wing websites and social media outlets, and also promoted by then-U.S. president Donald Trump and his son.[4][5][6]

In 2021, AFLDS shifted to anti-vaccine activism with the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines; the group made false claims about the vaccines' efficacy and safety, and began to promote paid telehealth consultations with "AFLDS-trained" physicians that would prescribe medications claimed to be COVID-19 treatments. It also filed lawsuits in attempts to block an expansion of the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for one of the vaccines, and to block a proof of vaccination mandate in New York City under a claim that it was inherently discriminatory against African Americans.

So if following this bunch of morons is where you get your information from, then it says much more about you than any of your posts ever can, so I won't be following any of them from here on in.

Goodbye to a "not so wise" owl.

I even read the BBC www. Like to read a lot of things, from different sources, and make up my mind on varying issues.

Joined AFDs in the early days. The Perth group is well worth a visit. Mark Bailey has just put out a vid to run along side his 40k word paper; 'Farewell to Virology'. (Link available).

Can't look at just one side of the argument. As I have stated many times; nature has the answers. It gives us clues, evidence and proof. IMO, should not be messing with mRNA, with the intention of making vaxxes.

Edited by owl sees all