Covid-19 mRNA Vaccines Win Nobel Prize for Medicine 2023

48 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Check what was published by the medical community not your memory, social media, or politicians. Biden isn't a doctor, scientist or part if the medical community

Nothing wrong with my memory...

Here some statements made by influencers about Covid-Vaccine efficacy.

Forget the 2 Talking Heads and the self-declared expert.

But Fauci and Walensky are doctors and Bourla is a veterinarian. 

~

Nobody said you wouldn't get covid if you are vaccinated.jpg

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Encouraging news if this goes through the next stage, a great weapon against a deadly cancer that strikes so many. Pancreatic cancer is one of the deadliest. 

New mRNA Pancreatic Cancer Vaccine Trial Starts Next Phase

A new approach to treating pancreatic cancer is progressing to the next step in making it available to more patients. After results from a small study, a phase 2 clinical trial has now opened to test the effectiveness of using an mRNA vaccine to fight one of the deadliest cancers.

The new trial is investigating whether this therapeutic vaccine reduces the risk of pancreatic cancer returning after the tumor is removed by surgery. The study will enroll approximately 260 patients at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) and nearly 80 sites around the world.

https://www.mskcc.org/news/can-mrna-vaccines-fight-pancreatic-cancer-msk-clinical-researchers-are-trying-find-out

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

That's funny i remember Biden saying just the opposite. 

He now has limited people you can trust and the President of the USA I guess is not one of them. I think he may be right here though.  I voted for the man but in hindsight maybe the orange man might have been a better option.

I think his last post he informed  us that only members of the medical community should be heard and I bet if you push even further, only a sub category of medial professionals that agree with his stance are valid.

Dan O has found a place to feel important and he pushes his tribes beliefs to no end. Many of his  beliefs may be correct but  telling us what sectors of society should be listened to is ridiculous .  We all have a voice and we should be able to express our opinions.  He will get supported by certain members and he will mistake this for relevance.  Sad but that is how things roll online.  I could almost guaranty Don O wouldn't be an obnoxious know it all if you met him in real life.  Weird...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Per WHO as of Aug. 2023:

Why get vaccinated against COVID-19?

The emergency phase of COVID-19 is over, but the virus continues to spread and evolve. COVID-19 remains a threat, especially to older persons and adults with underlying health conditions.

Safe and effective vaccines help ensure that COVID-19 does not result in severe disease and death. Vaccination protects against COVID-19 and reduces the likelihood of new variants from emerging."

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines/advice

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

~

I only bothered with the first one and its a false quote from Fauci:

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/553773-fauci-vaccinated-people-become-dead-ends-for-the-coronavirus/

What's the link to your unattributed graphic?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Massive harm.

Trust takes a long time to build, and a very short time to break.

When people come to understand that their government is lying to them, they will seek other forms of authority to follow, some of which may be even worse than the government itself.

He broke your trust, who cares, he helped save lots of lives and they care more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Per WHO as of Aug. 2023:

Why get vaccinated against COVID-19?

The emergency phase of COVID-19 is over, but the virus continues to spread and evolve. COVID-19 remains a threat, especially to older persons and adults with underlying health conditions.

This a what i was for all along.  I think this is great advice.  Up to individuals to decide and to be honest if I was in poor health, I would be the first in line for another jab.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

That's funny i remember Biden saying just the opposite. 

Lots of people said lots of things from politicians to social media. Most all tge medical community did not make those claims. Did you drink, inhale or inject bleach when Trump recommended that ? How did that go for you?

He was immediately corrected by his medical advisors right?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

He broke your trust, who cares, he helped save lots of lives and they care more.

Not just mine, but that of tens of millions of Americans.

A wound that will not easily be healed, and one that is likely to be far more damaging to the country  than any speculative number of lives his lying might have "saved".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

~

Show the link to where this collage was pled from. where's  the date and context those statements were made in,  oh there missing. Easy to cherry pick info from social media and alt right websites that regularly post false and distorted information out of tge true original context.

Lots of generalized quotes pulled from random discussions taken out of context of the conversations and the times they were made. Pre-release of the vaccines lots of commentary on what they would or wouldn't do with the qualifier they didn't have all the data yet.. There was plenty of credible info avail pro and con covid vaccines when they were released. You control what you do and where you get info from. If you choose alt sources, social media or don't do your research its on you.

How much bleach did you drink, inhale or inject as Trump recommended?  How did that go for you? I'm interested to know since your claiming you were deceived by others on the vaccine because "people" said to do it. Im sure others would like to know your experience too.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I care that so many have been saved by the vaccines, the problem however is others on here are trying to find any false outrage to knock what was a wonderful achievement for humanity.

I agree with you mostly  but at the same time I can listen to others that think differently and don't indiscriminately label their beliefs false.  Not doing this leads to bad outcomes in my personal life even if I initially get what I want and historically has been proven the wrong approach.  

And further on that point regarding harmful misinformation, let's place the blame where the blame is really due:

KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor: Media and Misinformation

"We find in the latest Vaccine Monitor that belief in pandemic-related misinformation is widespread, with 78% of adults saying they have heard at least one of eight different false statements about COVID-19 and that they believe it to be true or are unsure if it is true or false.

The share who hold at least four misconceptions is small (between 11-16%) among those who say they trust COVID-19 information from network news, local TV news, CNN, MSNBC, and NPR. This share rises to nearly four in ten among those who trust COVID-19 information from One America News (37%) and Fox News (36%), and to nearly half (46%) among those who trust information from Newsmax.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-media-and-misinformation/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

Just now, atpeace said:

I agree with you mostly  but at the same time I can listen to others that think differently and don't indiscriminately label their beliefs false.  Not doing this leads to bad outcomes in my personal life even if I initially get what I want and historically has been proven the wrong approach.  

We've got a rag tag bunch of conspiracy theorists on here, from flat earthers to those who don't even believe that dangerous viruses exist. I have no need to listen to their rubbish

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, atpeace said:

What a hypocrite you are - amazing how determined you are to be taken seriously.  Show me where the Orange fella said we should drink or inject bleach.  You can't because it was said by Biden when he incorrectly claimed Trump said it.  

Oh dear.......further down the rabbit hole you go. So sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, atpeace said:

What a hypocrite you are - amazing how determined you are to be taken seriously.  Show me where the Orange fella said we should drink or inject bleach.  You can't because it was said by Biden when he incorrectly claimed Trump said it.  

Donald Trump prompted a backlash from medical experts after floating the idea that they could look into heat, light and injections of disinfectants as a cure for Covid-19. Subscribe to Guardian News on YouTube ► http://bit.ly/guardianwiressub

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Trust the experts, not the internet trolls and anti-vax misinformation peddlers:

"COVID-19 vaccination has been shown to reduce the risk of severe COVID-19 disease and may help protect against long COVID for those who get infected.

The best protection against COVID-19 and the possibility of serious illness remains staying up to date with vaccinations, including the latest vaccine.

Having vaccines approved is not enough — getting vaccinated is necessary for protection.   

— Carlos del Rio, MD, FIDSA – President, Infectious Diseases Society of America 

About IDSA
The Infectious Diseases Society of America is a community of more than 12,000 physicians, scientists and public health experts who specialize in infectious diseases.

https://www.idsociety.org/news--publications-new/articles/2023/idsa-response-to-cdcs-updated-booster-guidance/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Trump discussed it in a press briefing and was immediately corrected by Fauci and Dr Birx. Get your facts straight . He made the comments about using UV light and disinfectants to treat covid in his press conference. Biden comment of trumps comments in a later press release.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Trump discussed it in a press briefing and was immediately corrected by Fauci and Dr Birx. Get your facts straight . He made the comments about using UV light and disinfectants to treat covid in his press conference. Biden comment of trumps comments in a later press release.

No he did not and do a fact check.  It is Ok to be wrong but please think a little before attacking the keyboard.

You claimed he said inject and drink bleach which you know he never said at this point but you are still determined to be right.  

You do know that many  disinfectants kill the virus?  Wouldn't advice consuming most if any.  They were  used extensively to clean surfaces during Covid. 

Edited by atpeace
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1