Siam Paragon Shooter’s Home Searched: Large Cache of Weapons and Ammunition Uncovered

webfact

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Someone is going to have to explain this to me. I apologise for my ignorance. Be gentle.

From the images, the 'bullets' found are actually cartridges, i.e. full rounds of ammunition.????

The gun had been 'modified' to take real bullets, can be brought on-line already modified. TIT

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

They should be taken out to their backyard and have some parental responsibilities administered on them

Exactly, they need charging with neglect of a minor.

Edited by roo860
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, steven100 said:

no ....  but most responsible parents and families would know if their kid is bringing and hiding guns and ammunition in the house,  they do look into kids rooms every now and then to make sure things are above board.

yeah so most American parents are idiots then 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, still kicking said:

yeah so most American parents are idiots then 

your thinking is somewhat really strange .....  your trying to make excuses for a kid keeping guns and ammo in his bedroom. 

unbelievable that you think that's proper parenting.  

enough said on this for now.  tks

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

your thinking is somewhat really strange .....  your trying to make excuses for a kid keeping guns and ammo in his bedroom. 

unbelievable that you think that's proper parenting.  

enough said on this for now.  tks

Yes keep polishing boots and stop Thai bashing.

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, 2baht said:

A mentally ill 14 year old! Some soul searching needed here!!!

So you've never heard of teenage angst before?

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

in Thailand ....  :cheesy:        their joking right   !     every kid on a bike has a gun under his seat .....   

Mine doesn't. Who should I complain to?

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

parenting Thailand style .....   clueless ...

Meanwhile, in the UK, a 13 year-old was about to go to trial for not just knocking his grandmother over when trying to take her car without permission, but then reversing over her at speed, mortally wounding her.

You may also have heard about the 17 year-old boy in England who stabbed and killed a 15-year old school girl on the street on the way to school.

Are you, or have you ever been, a parent?

55 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Meanwhile, in the UK, a 13 year-old was about to go to trial for not just knocking his grandmother over when trying to take her car without permission, but then reversing over her at speed, mortally wounding her.

You may also have heard about the 17 year-old boy in England who stabbed and killed a 15-year old school girl on the street on the way to school.

Bet you are glad you're not there! ????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

So you've never heard of teenage angst before?

Mine doesn't. Who should I complain to?

Are you, or have you ever been, a parent?

This is not about the UK,  it's a story about Thailand,  and I commented on irresponsible parenting here in Thailand,   nothing to do with the UK.   but thanks anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

This is not about the UK,  it's a story about Thailand,  and I commented on irresponsible parenting here in Thailand,   nothing to do with the UK.   but thanks anyway.

And I was pointing out that irresponsible parenting isn't unique to Thailand.

Hope this helps.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

It appears (if the news feeds are at all close to accurate??????) that the young lad has schizophrenia and was way off his meds.

He apparently was telling the police, after they nabbed him, that he was talking to and could see someone nearby that clearly was not there before and after they nabbed him.

If anyone knows anyone who is prescribed psychotropic med's and is not taking them or knows someone not yet diagnosed who is hearing voices, or seeing things then plz call the nearest mental health hospital.

Of course we know that Thailand is absolutely world-class when it comes to providing the counselling and basic care and attention needed for those with mental conditions.

• Haha 1

While you cannot always blame the parents, the fact that the parents were taken aback by the discovery, professing ignorance of the origin of the weapons and ammunition says alot. Were you guys engaging in real parenting? Or did you just have the kid, and then ignore him for his 14 years? One has to wonder.

On 10/4/2023 at 5:07 AM, webfact said:

The suspect's parents were taken aback by the discovery, professing ignorance of the origin of the weapons and ammunition. Their son typically resided in another home in the Sathorn district.

Look up Adam Lanza of Sandy Hook shooting, perhaps the most controversial of shool mass shootings in America and see the paralels...

Lanza's dad paid 20k usd monthly alimony to Mom to raise him. She purchased guns and got him gun licence while supposedly schooling him herself at home (homeschooling.) One morning he took out the gun, shot her multiple times before setting out for Sandy Hook. Lanza offed himself  when cornered by the cops

This is how the Paragon shooter would have ended up, even with parental supposedly close monitoring - or not (including providing him with means guns and ammo...) Luckily for the parents, he spared them before setting out for Paragon. And he reported himself to the cop in the aftermath. This difference shows that he was not as nutty as some folks tend to think. 

But the bottom line is: As long as these creatures are not sequestered from the public at large, at some point they will get out in society and wreak havoc. The parents/guardians intentionally or not provided them with the means for acquisition of those weapons. Just think of these individuals as wild animals raised by private citizens. Hopefully the laws would be apply accordingly. There are cases right now in the USA where the parents are tried in court (the Oxford shooting.)

22 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Someone is going to have to explain this to me. I apologise for my ignorance. Be gentle.

From the images, the 'bullets' found are actually cartridges, i.e. full rounds of ammunition.????

Are we looking at the same picture? I see 4 red in colour shot gun cartridges in the picture, that is not "Full rounds of ammunition" just 4 cartridges!!