Employer of Shooting Victim Insists on Pursuing Legal Action

webfact

12 minutes ago, oldestswinger said:

Presumably against Siam Paragon. How did someone with a gun get it through security?

Imagine if security were a lot more strict and searched everyone...  Instead of a nutcase smuggling a gun through the metal detector they could just wait outside a mall and open fire on people in densely packed queues while waiting go undertake a more detailed search... 

... meanwhile, anyone who parks a car, simply enters from parking without any checks anyway !!!

I can't see how this lady can have grounds to sue anyone other than the government for their flawed gun-control...  but thats like the families of the 25,000 victims of road deaths per year also wanting to sue authorities for their failure to educated and protect the public.

- IF a complete lunatic with a gun wants to go nuts, there is very little that can actually stop them without turning the entrances to all public places into massive security queues... then, all that does is create areas of extra high population density which presents even more devastating targets. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, oldestswinger said:

Presumably against Siam Paragon. How did someone with a gun get it through security?

Not so many years ago you couldn't get into these malls without going through an airport style metal detector and having your bags searched. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I can't see how this lady can have grounds to sue anyone other than the government for their flawed gun-control..

so how come you know she's going to "sue"? Nothing to that effect in the reports quoted. Tell us please WHO she will sue? Maybe you know the result too?

How do you know the employer is female?

I assume she will go for maximum compensation for the victim's family (and her company), which is no more than reasonable.

Edited by isaanistical
add

3 hours ago, isaanistical said:
6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I can't see how this lady can have grounds to sue anyone other than the government for their flawed gun-control..

so how come you know she's going to "sue"? Nothing to that effect in the reports quoted. Tell us please WHO she will sue? Maybe you know the result too?

How do you know the employer is female?

What do you think taking legal action means ???

Photo is of a woman - I assumed this was the boss announcing that she going to take legal action, could be typiclaly rubbish reporting and an unrelated picture. 

3 hours ago, isaanistical said:

I assume she will go for maximum compensation for the victim's family (and her company), which is no more than reasonable.

How do you think she'll go about getting maximum compensation ?

File a law suit perhaps ?.... as you wrote, against whom ?