Interim House Speaker 'evicts' two senior Democrats from Capitol

Social Media

4 hours ago, Tug said:

275 bi partisan bills submitted to the senate during her tenure

Considering she's served over 35 years in Congress and there's upwards of 7,000 bills a year I'd say she's a slog when it comes to bi partisanship.

• Thanks 1

Jesus Christ. $31 trillion in debt and this is the first thing to do?!?

I am getting beyond frustrated with these morons.  Good ideas, terrible governing.  In a week when Biden was self immolating in the polls, tools like Gaetz manage to wrest the spotlight away and set his own hair on fire.  I wouldnt blame the democrats one bit for just sitting back, getting some popcorn, and enjoying the show.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Jesus Christ. $31 trillion in debt and this is the first thing to do?!?

I am getting beyond frustrated with these morons.  Good ideas, terrible governing.  In a week when Biden was self immolating in the polls, tools like Gaetz manage to wrest the spotlight away and set his own hair on fire.  I wouldnt blame the democrats one bit for just sitting back, getting some popcorn, and enjoying the show.

Which is precisely what the Democrats are doing.

Pay less attention to those polls.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Nope, just stormed most major cities in the country.  Thousands out rioting in places like Oakland, NYC, Portland, etc. 

Thousands out rioting in places like Oakland, NYC, Portland, etc. ?

From your link: "The demonstrations, which appeared to be largely peaceful"

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thousands out rioting in places like Oakland, NYC, Portland, etc. ?

From your link: "The demonstrations, which appeared to be largely peaceful"

"Largely peaceful" in the context of only a few buildings were burnt down, and only a few milion dollars in damage. 

Over the course of the evening, “anarchists” in the crowd threw objects at officers, vandalized local businesses and damaged cars, Portland Police Sgt. Pete Simpson said.Police publicly declared a “riot” due to “extensive criminal and dangerous behavior”

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/11/us/oregon-protest-riot/index.html

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Most people can tell the difference between protests and an attempt to seize the seat of Federal government and prevent the certification of a legitimate election.  But obviously some people can't.

Thousands of people rioting in numerous cities does not speak to a "peaceful transfer of power". Particularly when it happened both after the election and on Inauguration Day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Thousands of people rioting in numerous cities does not speak to a "peaceful transfer of power". Particularly when it happened both after the election and on Inauguration Day.

How did those protests impede routine federal government activity?  How did they impede the transfer of power?  Did they cause Congress to be evacuated and or delay any aspect of election certification?

You resort to false equivalence because you have nothing else.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

"Largely peaceful" in the context of only a few buildings were burnt down, and only a few milion dollars in damage. 

Over the course of the evening, “anarchists” in the crowd threw objects at officers, vandalized local businesses and damaged cars, Portland Police Sgt. Pete Simpson said.Police publicly declared a “riot” due to “extensive criminal and dangerous behavior”

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/11/us/oregon-protest-riot/index.html

IMO some are so invested in the "my side is always right and the others side is always bad" that they are blind to reality.

Q What's the difference between a riot and a peaceful demonstration?

A which side is doing the rioting.