Phuket Tourist Police Help Lost British Tourist Return to His Hotel After a Memory Lapse

snoop1130

On 10/5/2023 at 7:11 PM, steven100 said:

let me guess the exact circumstances .......   he went straight to a bar and got sloshed over hours of drinking and after that he forgot where he was staying.  

It's quite rare nowadays because everyone has a smartphone, but you're right.

I have a friend who worked in the Pattaya tourist police around 2010-2012 and it wasn't that uncommon for tourists to unpack asap and head out for the bars without making any note of the hotel name. Then they would turn up at the police station asking for help.

• Thanks 1

Jokes aside. When staying at a new hotel I always get two business cards of the place and put one in my wallet and the other one in as pocket of my trousers. This not only helps me being confident to find back but also sometime makes it easier to show a taxi driver where to go.

Edited by Old Nomad

20 hours ago, webfact said:

With the sparse details he provided, the Phuket Tourist Police managed to identify the hotel conveniently located near the airport.

Why they not connected the immigration police. They will have the hotel name!!! ????

But why take it easy when it gives a difficult way.

On 10/5/2023 at 5:02 PM, Northstar1 said:

Typical Brit

Unfortunately it is typical of far too many Brits coming to Thailand (I'm one but never had that problem - always found my way home even if "walking like a snake" as GF kindly states ????). It does give us all here on TV/AN something to discuss though. 

On 10/5/2023 at 1:11 PM, steven100 said:

let me guess the exact circumstances .......   he went straight to a bar and got sloshed over hours of drinking and after that he forgot where he was staying.  

is that close enough to what happened .....

You forgot to mention the assistance of the pretty young ladies in the bar helping erase his memory. That part, his wife can only guess, or she has already judged him for. Hope he had a good time and it was worth it. Maybe he'll be back to Thailand as a single man in the future...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/6/2023 at 1:11 AM, steven100 said:

Maybe he also met someone on the way had a drink and a good sleep 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2023 at 6:11 AM, steven100 said:

This happened to me. Its must be pretty common I would think.

we all been here no ?