Monthly Income, 65,000 ?

Sorry guys to bring this question up again,

I am in the prosess of selling my Business,i am 43, Married to a thai for 10 years, got one stepdaughter, one daughter aged 5 Thai/Ferrang, got all property, land etc in Thailand, all in wifes name.

We are going to open a Business in her home town, i want to leave my money in the UK, as got a nice sum in a thai bank acount allready, had it there for 10 years plus.

The question i am asking is,

Can you confirm the new monthy Income is 65,000 Baht, will i need this paid into my thai bank account each month to show immigration?, also do they check where the money comes from, does it have to be paid from overseas, or can i just transfer 65,000 baht from one bank account to another, say BB -SCB. will this work..............

I am thinking this will be one way of getting around the visa issue, i hope to live off the money earned from our new venture. i can then leave my cash in the UK. where it will be safe.

I am a bit concerned about this new ruling, this is just to put my mind at rest. and to plan for the future.

Thanks Guys.....

Not sure why you are stating 65,000/month which is the requirement for retirement. The rules for marriage is now 40,000 baht income combined. That is, your income plus the wife's income needs to be 40,000 baht/month. Guess lop will be along to spell out about whether you can just transfer the income in from an account abroad.

I agree. The 65,000 Baht amount is for retirement extensions. Since you are not 50 years old you, you could apply for an extension of stay based on marriage. That would require a monthly income of 40,000 Baht.

Edited by beechguy

40k a month combined income (you and your wifes combined income), moving cash between account will probably not cut it.

As far as i have heard it can be income from abroad certified by your countries embassy or ordinary taxable income from work inside Thailand. (It can also be a combination of the two mentioned)

Edited by Fun2Fun

Not sure why you are stating 65,000/month which is the requirement for retirement. The rules for marriage is now 40,000 baht income combined. That is, your income plus the wife's income needs to be 40,000 baht/month. Guess lop will be along to spell out about whether you can just transfer the income in from an account abroad.

Ok, thanks guys, a mate has returned from Thailand last night told me it was now 65,000

I will be receiving rentable income from UK, but i would like that to stay in the UK, also when we start our new venture we will be getting an income from that.

These questions are just to put the mind at rest.

Thanks.

The amount is 40k per month family income. Thai funds must be proven by at least three months of tax payments (although it could be more). Foreign income would have to be by Embassy letter but beyond that is not clear - some have been told they have to show amount coming into Thai bank account every month in addition to letter and probably the same three month requirement.

• 2 months later...

I am married to a Thai and live in Bangkok. If you have a registered marriage, there's no money requirement at all. Just get a Samee kuhn Thai visa (husband of a Thai) and that's it. Still have to do the 90 day notification nonsense, but that's it.

Registered marriage also allows you to take ownership of property in case your wife should pass away. Allows you to will said same to your children (and even immediate relatives living in Thailand).

If you want to do the perm res visa thing, and want to show income, they don't accept it from outside the country, but then there seems to be ways around it if you really want to do so. :o

tsb

Edit information above is false

I am married to a Thai and live in Bangkok. If you have a registered marriage, there's no money requirement at all. Just get a Samee kuhn Thai visa (husband of a Thai) and that's it. Still have to do the 90 day notification nonsense, but that's it.

Registered marriage also allows you to take ownership of property in case your wife should pass away. Allows you to will said same to your children (and even immediate relatives living in Thailand).

If you want to do the perm res visa thing, and want to show income, they don't accept it from outside the country, but then there seems to be ways around it if you really want to do so. :o

tsb

Something does not sount corret here

tsb

Another TROLL! :o

tsb

I suspect that you are in for a rude awakening should you attempt to leave the country, or for that matter on your next visit to immigration.

1. There is no such thing as a 'marriage' visa, you can, however, obtain a non-immigrant class O visa on the grounds of being married to a Thai.
  2. This visa allows a 90 day stay on each entry, you MUST leave the country after this period, assuming a multi-entry visa you will get another 90 days when you re-enter
  3. In order to remain for more than 90 days you need to get an extension of stay, there is a financial requirement for this (income of 40,000 Baht per month), once you have an extension then the 90 day reporting comes into play.

What is the 'to' date on your last 'permitted to stay' stamp?