Rogue Immigration Officer?

34 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

What rules are we breaking if IO let me in for 270 days last year on visa exempts by air and 225 this year?

Surely IO would have rejected me if it was against the rules to stay that long as a tourist

Maybe you enjoy playing Russian Roulette with the IO's at the airport.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, raz0r21 said:

Lol. Now you are just trolling. Since there is no limit on tourist visas, or how long you can stay as a tourist... its up to the immigration officer to decide. Like someone else wrote, this has been discussed ad nauseam. 

The reasons for someone staying a long time as a tourist differs a lot. Some people take a year off from work, there are so many different scenarios (2 of which i just used as an example).

But more usually it's #25 from Butterflies in NEP (or her sister).

5 hours ago, Marky Mark Mark said:

To activate my 60 day tourist Visa i had to purch

ase a departure ticket on the spot.  Reasoning was i stay Thailand too MUT.....lol.

In the last 12 months i have stayed in Thailand 10 months.   2 60 day tourist visa and the rest on visa on arrivals.  Not once did i enter by land border.  Twice i flew out of Thailand to SIN for a week before returning to Thailand to activate my 60 day visas.

I wouldn't say the IO was acting rogue. Most Thai embassies and consulates nowadays require a flight out when applying for a tourist visa anyway, so demanding to see that is quite reasonable.

Which also raises the question where your tourist visa was issued. You were in Singapore, but did you apply there or did you apply for an eVisa back home while not physically there? If you did the latter, consider yourself very lucky that the IO didn't spot or question THAT.

Edited by Caldera

This thread simply degenerated into a rehashing of deeply held opinions by different members that are of no practical value. I have chosen not to moderate posts that are off topic and borderline abusive. Instead, this thread is

CLOSED

• Thumbs Up 1