Lazada or Shopee?

Lacessit

Shopee itself is fine. However their customer service lacks a bit in English department, but if you have an issue the returns process is absolutely the same. Never had any serious issue with both platforms.

Shopee food on the other hand always pins the wrong location that confuses the drivers. They always call for directions.

• Thanks 2

to the title...LAZ fan, though will use Shopee, price & vendor dependent.

Strange that 'flagship & official' stores will have different promotions.  So always check them both before buying.

Also, stick to 'Flagship or LAXMALL' stores.  Issues resolved instantly.

18 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Ebay says I am not a human.  JD central locked me out.  Lazada says I am a criminal.  Shopee won't let me enter the website.

I’m worry about you ????

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 5:53 AM, transam said:

Perhaps you are dodgy, they can't all be wrong.........????

This logic is what I call the "Eat s**t, 100 trillion, billion, milllion flies can't all be wrong!" argument.

On 10/7/2023 at 9:32 AM, Lacessit said:

I have been using Lazada for 3 or 4 years. Recently, its system decided my password is incorrect. Which is absolute nonsense, as my password is copied and pasted from my Bitwarden vault.

Attempts to fix this problem over a week have been unsuccessful, when I go into the forgot password route the system keeps telling me I have made too many attempts. Multiple calls and emails to Lazada have got me no further along the road.

Enough, I am switching to Shopee. Are there any pitfalls with their system I should be aware of?

They will be the same.

I personally prefer Shopee, but I've used both. It's annoying that Shopee doesn't accept foreign cards, but once I managed to enroll in Shopee Pay (which wasn't easy), it's been ok. I seem to get more free shipping codes on Shopee, and I can read Thai so the language thing isn't a big deal. (Search is usually ok in English, but most seller descriptions are only in Thai.)

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 10:03 AM, Celsius said:

Shopee food on the other hand always pins the wrong location that confuses the drivers. They always call for directions.

I give my phone number and my wife's. with Lazada you can only give one but on their map you can use satellite image location, needed where I live, I found I couldn't do that with Shopee I actually had probs signing in with them, but I had bookmarked my last log in, and when I used that I was already logged in. 

On 10/7/2023 at 10:03 AM, Celsius said:

Shopee itself is fine. However their customer service lacks a bit in English department, but if you have an issue the returns process is absolutely the same. Never had any serious issue with both platforms.

Most of the delivery companies already know my location, thankfully and ring me while standing at my door :giggle: 

Attempts to fix this problem over a week have been unsuccessful, when I go into the forgot password route the system keeps telling me I have made too many attempts. Multiple calls and emails to Lazada have got me no further along the road.

You could try just registering as a new customer. 

Shopee hands down, most everything is cheaper, there's more selection and more competition from the sellers for your business.  I have never dealt with their customer service because I have never had a problem (other than the time a scammer sent me an old dirty t-shirt and wanted 280 baht C.O.D. in which case I had the delivery driver open it and I promptly refused the package).

I used to use Lazada exclusively until I discovered that Shopee seemed to be much better (and cheaper).

I think Lazada charges higher fees to the sellers because I see the same sellers on Lazada selling the same item on Shopee at a cheaper price.  

My .02 cents

• Like 1

I had same issues with Lazada and was shipped a fake Seiko Solar watch 23,000bht which was fake. They did refund me ok once I sent it back. This "security" stuff is inexcusable. Suddenly your password no longer works and it is your fault somehow, then the "forgot password" link does not send the OTP. Then being unable to get a person to talk to, (a real person) makes me feel homicidal!??

IH

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Datsun 1200 said:

I had same issues with Lazada and was shipped a fake Seiko Solar watch 23,000bht which was fake. They did refund me ok once I sent it back. This "security" stuff is inexcusable. Suddenly your password no longer works and it is your fault somehow, then the "forgot password" link does not send the OTP. Then being unable to get a person to talk to, (a real person) makes me feel homicidal!??

IH

Lazada is an agent, nothing more, nothing less, they do not inspect every item you order, but they guaranty a refund if your order is a problem..????

If I were buying a high-end watch, it would be in my hands at a shop......

Edited by transam

2 minutes ago, Datsun 1200 said:

IH

As said much less stress using G+ (Google) log on option - have been using that for many months now with no issues.  Indeed direct sign on was a mess with issues every week or two.

1 minute ago, transam said:

Lazada is an agent, nothing more, nothing less, they do not inspect every item you order, but they guaranty a refund if your order is a problem..????

They are a platform and as such should take action to keep sellers honest - this seems not to be a priority for any Thai platform however.  A refund does not make up for receiving fake items and having to then return and order what you hope will be real.  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

They are a platform and as such should take action to keep sellers honest - this seems not to be a priority for any Thai platform however.  A refund does not make up for receiving fake items and having to then return and order what you hope will be real.  

Then folk should go to a shop. How on earth can Lazada check up on all the stuff  coming from China.....????

Edited by transam
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

China...........????

Most sellers are using Thai locations and most suspect goods (direct import or not) seem to come from these sellers (with names like 932ZB34) - and Lazada is owned by the Alibaba Group so they have ability to check.  Although seems to be even worse on Shopee.  Yes buyer due diligence will most often weed them out - but not always.  

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Most sellers are using Thai locations and most suspect goods (direct import or not) seem to come from these sellers (with names like 932ZB34) - and Lazada is owned by the Alibaba Group so they have ability to check.  Although seems to be even worse on Shopee.  Yes buyer due diligence will most often weed them out - but not always.  

It would be very easy for them to build an algorithm in their software that flags 2TB SSD's offered at 500 baht to flag as fake. But they don't care.

I have reported several clear fake items to both platforms, and provided picture evidence, and sometimes even emails from the copyright holder with evidence.

All you get is, in the best case scenario, an email that they will investigate, but at the end of the day nothing happens

I had the same problem with Lazada, but it corrected itself a few months later. I switched to Shopee when it happened, and didn't even try Lazada again for a few months, then one day tried Lazada again and it worked.

These days I use both, but neither for fresh foods.

I have been using Lazada for 3 or 4 years. Recently, its system decided my password is incorrect. Which is absolute nonsense, as my password is copied and pasted from my Bitwarden vault.

Enough, I am switching to Shopee. Are there any pitfalls with their system I should be aware of?

I have had the exact same problem. They keep promising to send a code to help me restiore my password, but no code ever arrives. Yesterday, I opened an account in my wife's name. I ordered some vitamin type supplements, and then tried to order some aquarium supplies later on in the day, and it didn't recognise the password, then despite several attempts, no code arrived to change the password. 

I've decided to give up entirely on Lazada and move to Shopee. 

I've had the same password problem too. I just used a spare other address and abandoned using the old one. If you don't have a spare, just set a new one up to use for Lazada. The primary aim of any business is to make it easy for you to spend money with them, but Lazada appears to be unaware of that concept.