Lazada or Shopee?

Lacessit

On 10/7/2023 at 11:41 AM, Chris Daley said:

I can't use any of them anymore.  Ebay says I am not a human.  JD central locked me out.  Lazada says I am a criminal.  Shopee won't let me enter the website.

Have you been reported to immigration.  Sounds like you are someone who should be deported 🙂

On 10/15/2023 at 8:58 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe do the unthinkable for older people, use the app, Lazada much better than Shopee

Both sites are bad.  I think both of them have deliberately bad search engines designed to have you view items you have no interest in.  I purchase a lot online and of the two, I prefer Shopee to Lazada.  

My biggest complaint with both of them, is they do a lousy job of monitoring fake sellers and removing them.  A signficant percentage of time sellers advertise things they don't have merely to obtain your personal information such as name, address, email and phone number to try and scam. 

2 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Both sites are bad.  I think both of them have deliberately bad search engines designed to have you view items you have no interest in.  I purchase a lot online and of the two, I prefer Shopee to Lazada.  

My biggest complaint with both of them, is they do a lousy job of monitoring fake sellers and removing them.  A signficant percentage of time sellers advertise things they don't have merely to obtain your personal information such as name, address, email and phone number to try and scam. 

Like I said use the app, I don't have any of your problems

22 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Like I said use the app, I don't have any of your problems

I have used both the App and the desktop.  You still end up with searches that include items that have nothing to do with the item you are searching for.  Lazada is particularly bad in that it allows advertisers to post the exact same listing hundreds of times so you waste time filtering through the search. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm sure everyone by now already discovered the new racist voucher option Shopee has now.

Lately most vouchers only available using Pay later. When you select such a voucher, which offers decent discounts, you get the message you have to register first.

Then when you try to register it will tell you Thai nationals only.

Great isn't it?>

How about this support of Shopee for defrauding sellers? I have reported the seller 3 months ago, and they ensured me that they take this serious, although today the seller is still running the same scam.

This is the seller https://shopee.co.th/ขายดี!!!-ขายดี-!!!Western-Digital-Blue-โซลิดสเตทไดรฟ์-WD-SSD-SATA-3D-NAND-2.5”250GB-500GB-1TB-รับประกัน-3-ปี-มีสินค้า-i.287816696.20679647554

You can check warranty on the Synnex website here

https://www.synnex.co.th/th/service/check_warranty_expiry_date_2.aspx?lang=EN

On 31 May someone bought this SSD with fake serial

image.png.c0b372a6b4543763fe441250ab1086f2.png

On 12 August someone else bought the same SSD with the same fake serial

image.png.8f888062369fbaffd2ba10eb8e569487.pngOn 17 June someone bought an SSD that only would be manufactured in November of that year, and he found out that it was fake by checking serial number

image.png.97dd86fa955e96371a0ddad6408694aa.png

image.png.09590e04c596ebcf7c0383be705b75c7.png

Lazada problems,

Recent purchase of Google home speaker 1500bht. They shipped the Chinese only version, no Google home and it speaks in Chinese language only. So I selected return, and they would collect in 7 days using Flash. 8 days later, no collection, contact support only to be told all Flash employees have quit in my area so no collection. Post the return at my expense and my risk using Thai post.

No free returns = no more purchases as far as I'm concerned.

And the number of items advertised as from within Thailand, arrive in 2-3 days, suddenly are coming from China in 2 weeks.

Lazada is now false advertising and scam after scam.

Edited by BritManToo

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Lazada problems,

Recent purchase of Google home speaker 1500bht. They shipped the Chinese only version, no Google home and it speaks in Chinese language only. So I selected return, and they would collect in 7 days using Flash. 8 days later, no collection, contact support only to be told all Flash employees have quit in my area so no collection. Post the return at my expense and my risk using Thai post.

And the number of items advertised as from within Thailand, arrive in 2-3 days, suddenly are coming from China in 2 weeks.

Isn't that more of a Flash issue? before buying just avoid Flash delivery, message seller first i guess

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Lazada problems,

Have not had such issues but perhaps you mean sellers located within Thailand providing drop shipment from China?  This would be indicated on order page in my experience and with projected arrival date.  That has been going on for some time (believe from when Chinese took control) if you do not check order page closely.

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Have not had such issues but perhaps you mean sellers located within Thailand providing drop shipment from China?  This would be indicated on order page in my experience and with projected arrival date.  That has been going on for some time (believe from when Chinese took control) if you do not check order page closely.

Order page says Thailand.

Been happening more and more lately.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Order page says Thailand.

Been happening more and more lately.

But believe they get away with that by actual seller being located in Thailand - as said you have to look closely (shipping arrival time range is good to check).  Also have seen many "pre-order" notes lately and take that as likely a drop shipment from overseas/to them/then to you.  You do have to pay attention when ordering mail order - but in most cases it is worth the effort for ease of selection and good price.  And for many things the week or so for a China order is not an issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Lazada problems,

Believe it or not but I have a return waiting to be picked up by Flash since November 2022. Lazada finally refunded me in June this year, but the return is still listed as pending pickup

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Isn't that more of a Flash issue? before buying just avoid Flash delivery, message seller first i guess

Seller has no option of selecting the logistics, I have communicated a lot about this with sellers from whom I bought frequently, and finally had to drop them because always problems with Flash.

I have posted about this many times on this forum

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But believe they get away with that by actual seller being located in Thailand - as said you have to look closely (shipping arrival time range is good to check).  Also have seen many "pre-order" notes lately and take that as likely a drop shipment from overseas/to them/then to you.  You do have to pay attention when ordering mail order - but in most cases it is worth the effort for ease of selection and good price.  And for many things the week or so for a China order is not an issue.

There is a seller on lazada listed as from Chachoengsao, he even is in the list because I always select Domestic sellers only, but once the order placed it will show in the details as shipped from overseas

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BenStark said:

There is a seller on lazada listed as from Chachoengsao, he even is in the list because I always select Domestic sellers only, but once the order placed it will show in the details as shipped from overseas

Agree - they get around that domestic sellers issue by having a Thai address and arranging drop shipment.  That is why have to check closer even when using such list qualifiers.  Shipment expected arrival time is often the best clue.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

My problem with Lazada is that I created the account and set it with my own mobile number. Later, I changed it to my wife's number without any issue, but it absolutely refuses to allow me to change back to my number, resulting in all kinds of <deleted> trying to cash out a refund that was sent to my wallet which uses my number, not my wife's. Moved over to Shopee and only very rarely use Lazada now, like only once a year. Never had an issue with Shopee and paying with QR is much more convenient than Lazadas transfer system.    

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

My problem with Lazada is that I created the account and set it with my own mobile number. Later, I changed it to my wife's number without any issue, but it absolutely refuses to allow me to change back to my number, resulting in all kinds of <deleted> trying to cash out a refund that was sent to my wallet which uses my number, not my wife's. Moved over to Shopee and only very rarely use Lazada now, like only once a year. Never had an issue with Shopee and paying with QR is much more convenient than Lazadas transfer system.    

For you - but for me Shopee removed bank transfer system so no way to pay except on receipt as don't use QR or Android phones.  Lazada will allow foreign debit or credit card payment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

For you - but for me Shopee removed bank transfer system so no way to pay except on receipt as don't use QR or Android phones.  Lazada will allow foreign debit or credit card payment.

I used my Thai credit card last month for a Shopee payment.

11 hours ago, GarryP said:

So it's Lazada's fault that you didn't read and heed their clearly posted warning that you can only change once... ?

I use both Shopee and Lazada several times a week, always paying either with a debit card or Bangkok scan-to-pay. Not trusting all the vendors for 'quality,'  I rarely order anything for more than ฿1,000.  We are usually not around during the day to deal with COD so I never use that option.

But... yesterday, my wife was home alone when a driver for Lazada demanded payment for a delivery. She didn't know that I had already paid and so gave the driver the ฿240 for the package.  I won't try to contact Lazada about it, as it's not worth the effort as she didn't ask for a receipt.  I don't know if it was a glitch on the part of Lazada, or a way for the driver to make some extra money, but the order clearly shows that it had been paid by credit card already.

This is NOT the first time this has happened with delivery drivers, although I was home the other 2 times it happened and refused to pay.

4 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

I won't try to contact Lazada about it, as it's not worth the effort as she didn't ask for a receipt.

Make a report - please.  There should not be any way such a 'mistake' could be made but if a mistake expect you will get refund quickly.  Shipments are not from Lazada so this leaves an opening for 3rd parties to fake shipments and ask for COD.  This seems to be the normal method, rather than the actual merchandise.

9 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

So it's Lazada's fault that you didn't read and heed their clearly posted warning that you can only change once... ?

The thing is that I cannot close an account and create a new one either.  

19 minutes ago, GarryP said:

The thing is that I cannot close an account and create a new one either.  

Do you have Google or Facebook accounts?  They are an alternative log on and in my experience much better than doing direct.

28 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Do you have Google or Facebook accounts?  They are an alternative log on and in my experience much better than doing direct.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. 

Just did that and it just took me to the account I tried to change the number for. 

Edited by GarryP

56 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Thanks. I'll give that a try. 

Just did that and it just took me to the account I tried to change the number for. 

Get a basic page up just lazada.co.th and try "or log on" and the Google or Facebook below the password area. Click on your Google or Facebook account name and you should be in.  It that does not work perhaps clear cookies.  You have English language selected?  Will still have to translate a lot but believe set for English.  Has worked well for me and several others have said for them also.

Edit:  I did and do have a valid password account so perhaps that is required first - but would not think so.  Would expect you could get a blank page if remove cookies and then log on with social media account if that is the case.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

check out these prices on Shopee.   Has anyone had experience fixing this issue?    I find Lazada and Shopee customer service to be essentially non-existent.   They do send replies, they are simply never able to answer any issues.   I've got a string of emails three weeks long with Shopee on, what I thought was a simple question.   The latest response is that they want me to take a video of how I got the prices.   LOL.........just did a search for a number on their website end this is what came up.  Hopefully Temu.com will add Thailand to the list of countries they ship to.   Would love to dump Shopee and Lazada permanently.  

image.png.431810399929df40f372993d4681e0f3.png

1 hour ago, madisongy said:

check out these prices on Shopee.   Has anyone had experience fixing this issue?    I find Lazada and Shopee customer service to be essentially non-existent.   They do send replies, they are simply never able to answer any issues.   I've got a string of emails three weeks long with Shopee on, what I thought was a simple question.   The latest response is that they want me to take a video of how I got the prices.   LOL.........just did a search for a number on their website end this is what came up.  Hopefully Temu.com will add Thailand to the list of countries they ship to.   Would love to dump Shopee and Lazada permanently.  

image.png.431810399929df40f372993d4681e0f3.png

it maybe just you, have you considered that? Lazada is excellent, Shopee certainly inferior