Lazada or Shopee?

Lacessit

On 11/28/2023 at 6:36 AM, lopburi3 said:

For you - but for me Shopee removed bank transfer system so no way to pay except on receipt as don't use QR or Android phones.  Lazada will allow foreign debit or credit card payment.

Did you mean to say Lazada will NOT allow foreign cards?    I bought from Lazada for years with a credit card, then they started requesting ID, my photo, signature, etc.  So I changed to buying COD only.   These places are no Amazon.  Not by a longshot.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, madisongy said:

Did you mean to say Lazada will NOT allow foreign cards?    I bought from Lazada for years with a credit card, then they started requesting ID, my photo, signature, etc.  So I changed to buying COD only.   These places are no Amazon.  Not by a longshot.

No I said what I have found - no issue using USAA debit or Chase Visa cards from USA.  But suspect may need to have delivery address as your address for cards (which I do have).

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

No I said what I have found - no issue using USAA debit or Chase Visa cards from USA.  But suspect may need to have delivery address as your address for cards (which I do have).

I use Lazada regularly and always use UK credit cards connected to a UK address and get stuff delivered to my Thai address.  No problems with either delivery or payments and the occasional very prompt refunds when required.

Overall I am 100% happy with Lazada.

I do not use Shopee so cannot comment on them!

I'd quite like to try Shopee, but their app won't download ( not available in my region apparently - Thailand!), and their customer service replies to emails with an automated reply advising me to use a web form, whatever that might be.

Their loss really, I have a list of things I want to buy over the next couple of months, several thousands of Baht worth.

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

I'd quite like to try Shopee, but their app won't download ( not available in my region apparently - Thailand!), and their customer service replies to emails with an automated reply advising me to use a web form, whatever that might be.

Their loss really, I have a list of things I want to buy over the next couple of months, several thousands of Baht worth.

you can download shopee if your googleplay account has your location as Thailand 

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I'd quite like to try Shopee, but their app won't download ( not available in my region apparently - Thailand!),

Shopee-Thailand should be available to you in your region if you are in Thailand. I use it more often than Lazada.

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Shopee is available in any web browser on PC - no app required.  Are you trying to download app on phone or PC? 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Shopee is available in any web browser on PC - no app required.  Are you trying to download app on phone or PC? 

Phone. If I try and open it on a browser (chrome or brave) it tells me to download the app. Then this happens! 

I finally ( after half a dozen tries) managed to get the browser open. I searched for "convection cookers". It gave four visible results, on a screen which was frozen and wouldn't scroll down. 1 plastiscene dinosaur set (?), 2 slow cookers and a ceramic hob.

My reluctant conclusion, the system is what is technically described as boogered!

Screenshot_20231214_163210.thumb.jpg.a683a27d1ee1de898043a6c0fa11cff3.jpg

Edited by herfiehandbag

20 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I can see no way of setting the region in Google Play or Google Play Store.

All similar apps, Lazada, banks etc work.

Screenshot_20231214_163210.jpg

the easiest way to do it is set up a new gmail email account, when it asks for location say Thailand, then go into playstore and change googleplay account to this new account, then you'll be able to download any app restricted to Thailand

Screenshot_2023-12-14-17-02-17-269_com.android.vending.jpg