Tipping in Tahiti

It that you want to cling to stranger's legs on the internet to press your cheap Charlie claim -that has already been beaten to death tens of thousands of times here- that reeks of dull desperation.

Short version: As a sniffy Brit, no sane service worker expects dime-one out of you.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

It that you want to cling to stranger's legs on the internet to press your cheap Charlie claim -that has already been beaten to death tens of thousands of times here- that reeks of dull desperation.

Short version: As a sniffy Brit, no sane service worker expects dime-one out of you.

Brit eh?. Thinly veiled anti-Americanisms then expected and appreciated. 

Especially thankful your lot are able to suspend their conversations briefly on elevators and train carriages. Unlike my countrymen.

Do you say "How do you do?" to passersby ?

Edited by Captain Monday

The odds of you complaining here about cruise ship corkage fees being funny or interesting are zero.

Aren't cruise tips factored in at the get-go with a box you can uncheck?

And as an inadvertent Alan Partridge parody, didn't you long ago uncheck that box with zesty satisfaction?

Will that Fillipino indentured-slave to his family you call a bartender be anything less than over-gracious when you stiff him when he shuffles over with a propah pint of IPA?

....But as long as I'm here, I have always wanted to take a Tahitian cruise. What one did you pick and why? I looked and looked at the Paul Gaughan cruise line, but have never pulled the ticket.

My big Tahiti fear: I went to Kuai, the least spoiled Hawaiian island. And it was a little on the boring side. 

Tipping-wise, I'm going to Bhutan this smoke season. That's an expected $20 a day for the guide and $10 for the driver.

Or some comically awkward attempt at dodging them when getting off the bus for the last time.