ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

No, that's just a trolling deflection. Here's just a couple of examples of your apologist rhetoric that makes listening to your opinions worthless to me. 

It seems Israel has forgotten a very important lesson:

Fancy behaving so atrociously that large swathes of the world sees you as Hamas’s equal in depravity, criminality and inhumanity.

Murder is what Hamas did.

Murder is what the IDF is doing

The more you compare the atrocities carried out  by Hamas as being the same as Israel the more you expose yourself for what you really are.

Only to those suffering from an extreme aversion to seeing Israel for what they are.

Rational folks are well aware that condemning Israel is not the same as supporting Hamas.

Both quotes you have provided are factual and condemn both Hamas and Israel.

Don’t worry, the days of comparing the two are nearly over and the days of Israel being outright worse than Hamas are coming as the civilian death toll approaches 10,000.

10 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Islam requires Muslims to respect people of all faiths and this clearly includes followers of Judaism. Jews are regarded as one of the groups of people described as ‘People of the Book’. This is a title given to two groups of people; the Jews and the Christians, both of which were given guidelines directly by their founders, Moses(as) and Jesus(as) respectively.

https://www.alislam.org/question/islam-view-about-jews/

Some Muslims, in reaction to the manifesto, argued that a literal reading of the Quran is the reason for misunderstanding its attitude towards Jews; modern-day Muslims, they claim, should read the Quran symbolically not literally. However, the real problem concerns the cherry picking and misinterpretation of certain verses about Jews while turning a blind eye to others which praise Jews. A proper and thorough reading of the Quran — one that takes into account all of the verses on the subject — shows that the Quran is not anti-Semitic.

Reading from the big book/website of islamic lies 😃 Taquiyyah is just another of it's more disreputable features. You need to read the Quran and Haddiths instead of parroting apologist nonsense and Islamic lies.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

www.oxfordlearning.com/difference-rote-learning-meaningful-learning/     I forgot to add this link.

Each has its benefits.

For learning to count and the alphabet, rote is the best method. Once the student has a firm grasp of the basics then meaningful learning comes into play.

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

I condemn the Hamas terror attack on Israel, the indiscriminate killing of innocent people, Men , Woman  and children of all ages , the Hamas war crimes and hostage taking and the killing of babies

Its unfortunate what is happening to the civilians in Gaza , but it needs to be done to eliminate Hamas from any future atrocities .

You condemning Israel for retaliating against Hamas terrorists makes you a Hamas/terrorist supporter 

You have conveniently omitted that I have repeatedly condemned Hamas’s terrorist attacks.

Why is it that I can condemn Hamas for their crimes but you cannot condemn Israel for theirs.

The best you can do is offer up “unfortunate” before quickly justifying Israel’s criminal and inhuman actions.

You do understand that your post is the literal definition of being an apologist don’t you?

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You have conveniently omitted that I have repeatedly condemned Hamas’s terrorist attacks.

Why is it that I can condemn Hamas for their crimes but you cannot condemn Israel for theirs.

The best you can do is offer up “unfortunate” before quickly justifying Israel’s criminal and inhuman actions.

You do understand that your post is the literal definition of being an apologist don’t you?

I admire your patience and tolerance, dealing with these fundamentalist posters.

2 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Any other situations where you think it’s appropriate to blame the victims for the deeds of their murderers?

Murder is what Hamas did.

Murder is what the IDF is doing

There is a huge disparity in the military strength of the combatants in this conflict.

From all that I have read and seen so far, Russia have been far more law abiding and humane in their invasion of the Ukraine than the Israelis have been towards the Palestinian women and children they are killing by the thousands.

I did not blame the victims. Hamas leadership aren't victims.

Murder requires intent.

If Israel intended to murder Palestinians, there would be a whole lot more dead Palestinians about.

That you insist on conflating terms, twisting them to fit a false narrative doesn't change facts.

Hamas was aware of the disparity when launching its attack.

What's your point?

I'm not very interested in what you read, or how you choose to interpret things.

Quite obvious your take is set regardless of facts.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

…Murder requires intent.

If Israel intended to murder Palestinians, there would be a whole lot more dead Palestinians about.

I have heard that repeated a lot and whilst I agree with it, I think the point is not that Israel wants to murder Gazans but more Israel doesn’t care if they are collateral damage, or if revenge is the motive even secretly hopes they are the collateral damage. It helps their cause politically back home.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I don't think that jews have a problem with muslims or muslims have a problem with jews. After all, both religious groups are human. Didn't they all live happily together a few years back?

Where the problems arise, is the extremes of the two. Get the zionists out of Israel and let all people live in harmony.

Can't recall if you're ignorant or just a troll, sorry.

Muslim religious writing do have harsh teaching regarding Jews. And not some esoteric stuff either.

There is no direct equivalent in Judaism, maybe due to timeline.

And generally no, there wasn't all that much 'happily together' stuff. Certainly not a few years back.

Got to love the going on about extremists on both sides, then calling out just one of them.

As per 'Zionists', many here toss this about without clarifying what they mean - most Israelis can be labeled Zionists, even left wing pro-peace types. It doesn't necessarily imply upholding religious right-wing anti-Muslim, anti-Palestinian views. Them illegal 'settlers' are a faction within Zionism, not more than that.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Morch said:

I did not blame the victims. Hamas leadership aren't victims.

Murder requires intent.

That you insist on conflating terms, twisting them to fit a false narrative doesn't change facts.

Hamas was aware of the disparity when launching its attack.

What's your point?

I'm not very interested in what you read, or how you choose to interpret things.

Quite obvious your take is set regardless of facts.

There is more to the definition of murder than requiring intent:

The mens rea for murder is: an intent to kill; an intent to inflict grievous bodily harm; or. reckless indifference to human life, where the defendant foresaw the probability, as opposed to possibility, of his or her actions resulting in death.

Reckless indifference to human life…, is exactly what Israel has shown.

Glad I could teach you something.

No thanks required, the lesson is on the house.

Edited by MrMojoRisin

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

I have heard that repeated a lot and whilst I agree with it, I think the point is not that Israel wants to murder Gazans but more Israel doesn’t care if they are collateral damage, or if revenge is the motive even secretly hopes they are the collateral damage. It helps their cause politically back home.

If you have time you could listen to what the IDF does to minimize civilian casualties, its on a podcast and with an IDF spokesman Jonathan Conricus. How the IDF follows the laws of war and takes additional precautions to safeguard civilians.

I've not listened to it all, just from 15 mins onwards where they discuss in more detail the actual assessments and warning given. 

https://mwi.westpoint.edu/the-idf-approach-to-protecting-civilians-in-urban-warfare/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Don't care what those silly books say.

People should be able to live in harmony. As long as they are seen as equals.

It's not a matter of what you care about, but rather what they care about, isn't it?

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Islam requires Muslims to respect people of all faiths and this clearly includes followers of Judaism. Jews are regarded as one of the groups of people described as ‘People of the Book’. This is a title given to two groups of people; the Jews and the Christians, both of which were given guidelines directly by their founders, Moses(as) and Jesus(as) respectively.

https://www.alislam.org/question/islam-view-about-jews/

Some Muslims, in reaction to the manifesto, argued that a literal reading of the Quran is the reason for misunderstanding its attitude towards Jews; modern-day Muslims, they claim, should read the Quran symbolically not literally. However, the real problem concerns the cherry picking and misinterpretation of certain verses about Jews while turning a blind eye to others which praise Jews. A proper and thorough reading of the Quran — one that takes into account all of the verses on the subject — shows that the Quran is not anti-Semitic.

Your link is to a source run by the Ahmadiyya sect(?) of Islam. They comprise about 1% of the Muslim in the world, and are considered heretics or outliers in some Muslim countries.

Quite disingenuous on your part, but insurprising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

If you have time you could listen to what the IDF does to minimize civilian casualties, its on a podcast and with an IDF spokesman Jonathan Conricus. How the IDF follows the laws of war and takes additional precautions to safeguard civilians.

I've not listened to it all, just from 15 mins onwards where they discuss in more detail the actual assessments and warning given. 

https://mwi.westpoint.edu/the-idf-approach-to-protecting-civilians-in-urban-warfare/

I have saved it, I will try and listen to it tonight. Thanks.

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Only to those suffering from an extreme aversion to seeing Israel for what they are.

Rational folks are well aware that condemning Israel is not the same as supporting Hamas.

Both quotes you have provided are factual and condemn both Hamas and Israel.

Don’t worry, the days of comparing the two are nearly over and the days of Israel being outright worse than Hamas are coming as the civilian death toll approaches 10,000.

He said in a hopeful tone....

19 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

You can keep banging on about 'revenge' or 'don't care' - it runs in the face of reality. If either was true, the death toll would be way way higher. It's not very hard to kill civilians if that's one's goal.

14 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

There is more to the definition of murder than requiring intent:

The mens rea for murder is: an intent to kill; an intent to inflict grievous bodily harm; or. reckless indifference to human life, where the defendant foresaw the probability, as opposed to possibility, of his or her actions resulting in death.

Reckless indifference to human life…, is exactly what Israel has shown.

Glad I could teach you something.

No thanks required, the lesson is on the house.

Yawn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

You can keep banging on about 'revenge' or 'don't care' - it runs in the face of reality. If either was true, the death toll would be way way higher. It's not very hard to kill civilians if that's one's goal.

Turns out it’s quite easy to kill civilians even if it (allegedly) isn’t one’s goal.

Have they reached 10,000 yet?

4 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I condemn both Hamas and the Israeli response.

I am condemn Hamas unconditionally, Israel not so.

Yeah, i was responding to the other poster.

Seems almost as interested in Israel being condemned as he pretends to care about Palestinian lives.