ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

11 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Veteran of the 6 day war

Professor (emeritus) of History at the University of Tel Aviv

Author of “The invention of the Jewish people” which spent 19 weeks at the top of Israel’s best seller list, won multiple international awards and has been translated into more languages than any other Jewish history book.

Probably slightly more informed and educated on the topic than you (or I) old chum.

Not sure about that.....................old chum

Book Calls Jewish People an ‘Invention’

Professor Sand, a scholar of modern France, not Jewish history, candidly states his aim is to undercut the Jews’ claims to the land of Israel by demonstrating that they do not constitute “a people,” with a shared racial or biological past. The book has been extravagantly denounced and praised, often on the basis of whether or not the reader agrees with his politics. 

Since Professor Sand’s mission is to discredit Jews’ historical claims to the territory, he is keen to show that their ancestry lines do not lead back to ancient Palestine. Professor Sand accuses Zionist historians from the 19th century onward — the very same scholars on whose work he bases his case — of hiding the truth and creating a myth of shared roots to strengthen their nationalist agenda. He explains that he has uncovered no new information, but has “organized the knowledge differently.” In other words, he is doing precisely what he accuses the Zionists of — shaping the material to fit a narrative.

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/24/books/24jews.html

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Veteran of the 6 day war

Author of “The invention of the Jewish people” which spent 19 weeks at the top of Israel’s best seller list, won multiple international awards and has been translated into more languages than any other Jewish history book.

Probably slightly more informed and educated on the topic than you (or I) old chum.

Nope.

He's a joke.

He's got no real background regarding the ''scientific' elements of his books.

He's claims and theories aren't widely or well received in academic circles, other than the obvious political ones.

On a personal level, he's *ick.

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not sure about that.....................old chum

Book Calls Jewish People an ‘Invention’

Professor Sand, a scholar of modern France, not Jewish history, candidly states his aim is to undercut the Jews’ claims to the land of Israel by demonstrating that they do not constitute “a people,” with a shared racial or biological past. The book has been extravagantly denounced and praised, often on the basis of whether or not the reader agrees with his politics. 

Since Professor Sand’s mission is to discredit Jews’ historical claims to the territory, he is keen to show that their ancestry lines do not lead back to ancient Palestine. Professor Sand accuses Zionist historians from the 19th century onward — the very same scholars on whose work he bases his case — of hiding the truth and creating a myth of shared roots to strengthen their nationalist agenda. He explains that he has uncovered no new information, but has “organized the knowledge differently.” In other words, he is doing precisely what he accuses the Zionists of — shaping the material to fit a narrative.

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/24/books/24jews.html

As said before, on these here topics addressing the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, drawing the Sand card is usually an act of desperation.

Even if one took him semi-seriously, disregard his political views or scientific BS - it still wouldn't have much bearing on the topic at hand.

It's just an off-topic deflection, derailing the topic thing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Get the Tanks in get the job done in Gaza, put the top butchers on trial for the world to see what these Animals did on 7th Oct.

Not considering a 'ceasefire' then BM? Prefer WW111?

• Haha 1

UK foreign secretary says calls for ceasefire 'aren't going to help the situation'

UK Foreign Secretary James Cleverly says that calls for a ceasefire “aren’t going to help the situation”.

"Of course we want to see Israel safe, peaceful and secure,” he says in an interview, but there is no indication from Hamas that they would accept or abide by a ceasefire.

MoJo has turned this topic into a history lesson now and way off Topic. Warnings from the Mods to remain on the main Title " Iseael is at War " have been ignored. These warnings have been ignored, spreading false information, blatant lies, and links not allowed on the platform as with forum rules, baiting and flaming members all against the forum rules laid out. So I will start reporting posts I feel are off Topic or breaking forum rules, As long as I stay within the rules I will be using the Report function that is what it is for.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Morch said:

As said before, on these here topics addressing the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, drawing the Sand card is usually an act of desperation.

Even if one took him semi-seriously, disregard his political views or scientific BS - it still wouldn't have much bearing on the topic at hand.

It's just an off-topic deflection, derailing the topic thing.

Of course a book detailing the lack of legitimate Jewish claim to Palestinian lands is going to receive negative reviews and more than its fair share of denunciation.

Funny how you guys posted a bunch of laughing emojis when I quoted the NY Times in relation to the Gaza hospital bombing and now here you are posting your own NY Times link.

Just because you disagree with something doesn’t make it untrue.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2014/02/14/whatever-happened-to-shlomo-sand/

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

MoJo has turned this topic into a history lesson now and way off Topic. Warnings from the Mods to remain on the main Title " Iseael is at War " have been ignored. These warnings have been ignored, spreading false information, blatant lies, and links not allowed on the platform as with forum rules, baiting and flaming members all against the forum rules laid out. So I will start reporting posts I feel are off Topic or breaking forum rules, As long as I stay within the rules I will be using the Report function that is what it is for.

Who do you think you’re fooling - you’ve been smashing the report button since day 1.

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Of course a book detailing the lack of legitimate Jewish claim to Palestinian lands is going to receive negative reviews and more than its fair share of denunciation.

Funny how you guys posted a bunch of laughing emojis when I quoted the NY Times in relation to the Gaza hospital bombing and now here you are posting your own NY Times link.

There are no such lands as Palestinian lands and never a country by that name, there have been Jews in that area though for over 3k years, and the country of Israel for 75! This constant nagging about stolen land is fulled by religious hatred of Jews, which has stoped muslims accepting a state to be called whatever they wanted FIVE times, they have preferred constant aggression for 75 years even though they are always defeated.

6 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

I think we were laughing at you, rather than the NYT....but maybe it was just me.

Notice that I didn't post any link to the NYT.....you made that up as well.

Unlike you, I don't need to check who Sand is, what are his irrelevant credentials or how highly (pffft) he's regarded.

I'm also quite aware of his political background.

Could you possibly limit your nonsense to the topic at hand? As in the OP?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Veteran of the 6 day war

Hitlers book Mein Kampf was a best seller also, 5.9 million copies up to 1939 and still boasts steady sales to this day, so what is your point?

Even after watching their locals being killed in Air raids Hamas are still lobbing missiles into Israel. There to stupid to realise if they stop firing rockets from residential areas the bombs would stop. We now have evidence that Gaza's biggest hospital is used for the storage of weapons underneath it, and if Israel wanted to they have the right to target it. 

12 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Hitlers book Mein Kampf was a best seller also, 5.9 million copies up to 1939 and still boasts steady sales to this day, so what is your point?

Hi Bob.

What’s your point?

Any book that tops a bestseller list is comparable to Mein Kampf?

🤷