ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

If you read his book “The Strange Death Of Europe” you might not think so; however, you won’t find it in the fiction department, so you may not be able to locate it.

Far right wing nonsense.

https://theintercept.com/2018/12/25/strange-death-of-europe-douglas-murray-review/

Consider his “highly intellectual” status fully revoked.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Far right wing nonsense.

https://theintercept.com/2018/12/25/strange-death-of-europe-douglas-murray-review/

Maybe it would be better is posters on both 'sides' could make their own arguments without resorting to words of others, or hyping them when it suits.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Far right wing nonsense.

•  
  • Overall, we rate The Intercept progressive Left Biased based on story selection that routinely favors the left. We also rate them as Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to previous fabricated work and censorship of writers.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-intercept/

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:
  •  
  • Overall, we rate The Intercept progressive Left Biased based on story selection that routinely favors the left. We also rate them as Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to previous fabricated work and censorship of writers.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-intercept/

From your link:

Screenshot2023-10-29at5_50_47pm.png.dd63e4980d81c18ffd48abd64a20cee6.png

Thanks for confirming The Intercept's credibility.

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Probably best not to cite any books, its all just deflection and designed to steer away from the topic........jeez

No it's not.

The more books cited the better.

From both sides.

I have already added "The Strange Death of Europe" to my reading list.

The only reason to bother posting in forums such as this one is to learn, to test ones own beliefs and if the facts require it, change ones opinions.

Only the small minded think they are here to "win".

Here's an interesting link:

https://www.vox.com/23924319/israel-palestine-apartheid-meaning-history-debate

Read it, question what is being said and if you cannot refute it - change your opinion.

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

From your link:

Screenshot2023-10-29at5_50_47pm.png.dd63e4980d81c18ffd48abd64a20cee6.png

Thanks for confirming The Intercept's credibility.

Yes it also says that they fabricate stories, but we'll gloss over that eh as it may be taking this thread off route. Suffice to say that most of your links come from extreme left wing source.🥴

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

More off topic nonsense from the resident Hamas apologist

Another meaningless post.

Why do you bother?

Why don't you just ignore anything that doesn't interest you?

My guess is, that 185 pages in, you have learned nothing.

Do us all a favour and keep your pessimistic snide nonsense to yourself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Yes it also says that they fabricate stories, but we'll gloss over that eh as it may be taking this thread off route. Suffice to say that most of your links come from extreme left wing source.🥴

They fired a journalist for fabricating quotes.

The Intercept has been criticized by both Republicans and Democrats,...

Upsetting both sides of US politics, as far as I'm concerned, means you're on the right track.

5 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

They fired a journalist for fabricating quotes.

The Intercept has been criticized by both Republicans and Democrats,...

Upsetting both sides of US politics, as far as I'm concerned, means you're on the right track.

Are you incapable of staying on topic and have to resort to posting extreme left wing dross!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The meaningless post was you thinking this was a book club but expected from an apologist

Recommendations of books to read.

Easily the top reason I spend any time at all on these boards.

I especially enjoy reading books at odds with my personal views and the best place to find them is, I've found, here.

I have absolutely zero interest at all in scoring points against anonymous keyboard warriors.

How utterly meaningless.

I am looking for strong arguments against which to test my beliefs.

I'd rather be right than "win" and if that means a bit of self reflection and changing of opinions and views - I am all for it.

As far as I'm concerned, if I am wrong, the sooner I become aware of my error, the better.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

Recommendations of books to read.

Easily the top reason I spend any time at all on these boards.

I especially enjoy reading books at odds with my personal views and the best place to find them is, I've found, here.

I have absolutely zero interest at all in scoring points against anonymous keyboard warriors.

How utterly meaningless.

I am looking for strong arguments against which to test my beliefs.

I'd rather be right than "win" and if that means a bit of self reflection and changing of opinions and views - I am all for it.

As far as I'm concerned, if I am wrong, the sooner I become aware of my error, the better.

This notice is pinned at the top of this forum:

The War in Israel

Latest developments and discussion of events in the Israel-Hamas War.

Not your personal book club troll

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This notice is pinned at the top of this forum:

The War in Israel

Latest developments and discussion of events in the Israel-Hamas War.

Not your personal book club troll

To be honest Brian, at 185 pages in, I've yet to read a single post of yours that added any value to the discussion on the Israel - Hamas war. It is nothing but complaints from you. No one cares about your whinging. The moderators will moderate. How about you try and contribute something worthwhile for a change?

The current death toll of Palestinian kids is 2,913 - what do you think about that?

• Like 1

Back on topic with no added book titles needed.

This isn't a war Israel started - government spokesman

image.png.0876bdbdfa54eaf0680209d841aece90.png

Eylon Levy is a spokesperson for the Israeli government and he insists the country is "sick with worry" for the fate of the 230 people taken hostage three weeks ago.

He tells BBC Radio 5 Live the 7 October attack by Hamas was “one of the most spectacular massacres in human history”, and that Israel is “determined that that will never happen again”.

“This isn't a war that Israel started," Levy says. "This isn't a war that Israel even expected. It's a war that Hamas launched and declared against us.”

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

To be honest Brian, at 185 pages in, I've yet to read a single post of yours that added any value to the discussion on the Israel - Hamas war. 

No surprise from the resident Hamas supporter. 

Brian, you simply haven't been paying attention.

I have repeatedly condemned Hamas.

Islamic terrorism is a blight on humanity.

The best way to defeat it is to take away every ounce of legitimacy from their cause.

By far, by far, the greatest asset Islamic terrorists have is the utterly appalling, inhumane, illegal and horrifying treatment of the Palestinians at the hands of the Israeli's.

The world is paying a price for the proclivities of right wing extremist religious nutters hellbent on expanding Israel from the sea to the river.

P!ssweak American politicians enable this nightmare.

The only way for Israel to defeat Hamas and for the world to defeat Islamic terrorism is for Israel to start treating the Palestinians as human beings.

Hamas only exists in inverse proportion to the humanity afforded to the Palestinians by the Israeli's and the West.

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Haha 2