Covid boosters MIA

eboy

.Perhaps the above has failed to note that I am not against any voluntary choice  to accept yet another dose of a vaccine that now  boasts "Better" protection.

Quoting  various "experts" quoting opposing statistics is irrelevant to my personal considerations. I do not advocate anti vax  nor do I subscribe to the Big Pharma indoctrination.

Is that unacceptable?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Another bogus, unsourced and unsubstantiated claim:

Conservative Posts Misrepresent Royalty Payments to Fauci and Collins

Posted on August 25, 2023

SciCheck Digest

Documents show that Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Francis Collins received 58 royalty payments from 2010 to 2021 for their research. Only three of the payments came in 2020 or 2021; the rest were made prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/08/scicheck-conservative-posts-misrepresent-royalty-payments-to-fauci-and-collins/

Fact Check-Anthony Fauci is not ‘part of Pfizer’ as posts claim

"Posts claiming Dr Anthony Fauci, director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), is “part of Pfizer,” the company that has developed one of the COVID-19 vaccines, are false.

Any position held in Pfizer or financial relationship with the company would have to be disclosed publicly, as per the Ethics in Government Act ( ethics.od.nih.gov/fd , here ).

Reuters previously debunked other posts that falsely claimed Fauci was tied to Moderna Inc. ( here )"

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-fauci-pfizer/fact-check-anthony-fauci-is-not-part-of-pfizer-as-posts-claim-idUSL1N2P31NR

In your ridiculous haste to claim bogus  claims etc  you fail to acknowledge my post  was  framed as a question .

Nor  did I "claim" Fauci was a "part" of  Pfizer beyond perhaps as an investor in shares.

IMHO you need  climb down from  some high horse of indignation .

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Really? those are leaders in their field. you can hear their qualifications at the beginning of the video.

Who says they are leaders in their field, apart from people who are having their confirmation biases massaged?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RanongCat said:

.Perhaps the above has failed to note that I am not against any voluntary choice  to accept yet another dose of a vaccine that now  boasts "Better" protection.

Quoting  various "experts" quoting opposing statistics is irrelevant to my personal considerations. I do not advocate anti vax  nor do I subscribe to the Big Pharma indoctrination.

Is that unacceptable?

Your a man who makes his own decisions. Your deciding every day to be a winner and do what a man needs to do. Your a proven winner, man!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

a change of government and a new Public Health Minister, with Anutin having moved on to bigger and better fields... So it's not entirely surprising that they're lagging, at least for now

Unfortunately some folks, though residing in Land of Smiles,  still think they are in Kansas: "When do we want it? Now" - "Where do we want it? Here.

Anyway, the new variant booster is actually available in Kansas, as in other cities in the USA. Here someone flying to the States for the latest jab:

On 10/5/2023 at 9:19 AM, Danderman123 said:

I got the new Moderna vaccine today.

Ironically, the EMS alert went off while I was in the vaccination process. No,  I am not a zombie.

Asked where:

On 10/7/2023 at 10:15 AM, Danderman123 said:

I flew to the USA.

It will eventually make its way to your local clinic, in my case Soi 18 Odum Suk BKK. In the meantime, just take advantage of what 's available wherever you are. If it's been 6 mos or more, then go get another shot, if  possible choose a different brand - say Moderna if last one you got was Pfizer, and vice versa.

Then go home and pop another bottle of champagne, cause one good turn deserves another  - and living well is a slap in the face to those who want you dead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2023 at 5:03 PM, eboy said:

I had my last Covid booster about a year ago (October 2022) at Jomtien Hospital. I planned to return in a year and get an annual Covid booster at the same time as my annual flu shot. To my surprise, Jomtien Hospital, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, and Pattaya International Hospital are NOT currently offering Covid boosters. This is weird. After all the hysteria of the past few years I assumed Covid boosters would be here to stay in the same way as flu shots are. They are definitely being rolled out and recommended in the USA.

Does anyone know why Covid boosters are not being offered by these Pattaya hospitals? And is there a high quality hospital or clinic in the Pattaya area where they are being offered?

I’ve never had boosters and I’ve never had a flu shot , I’m rarely sick , and never had Covid 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, RanongCat said:

There  still exists this almost  pseudo religious for or against inn the discussion over vaccination and in particular the MRNA vaccines .

While so many would defend individual rights but bend to accommodate imposition of initially experimental vaccines, and suppression of so many social freedoms why is there  so much angst over the  subject when Influenzas, RSV, Malaria, Dengue, Pneumonia variants collectively or individually  cause the annual death of  millions despite the existence of vaccines or treatment regimes?

Given that vaccination does not necessarily prevent potential cross infection because it does not eliminate infection should logically suggest that vaccination should remain voluntary,

The social and economic backlash of fascist mandates should be well abandoned in favor of realistic education rather than threat .

As of now such legal backlash implications are genuinely the subject of expensive claims.

Pfizer stocks were shedding prior to Covid but rebounded  extraordinarily with the provision of "emergency use" authorization. Now same  stock value is heading towards pre covid  vaccine  valuation due to legal costs.

I am curious enough to wonder if Fauci and Co divested in same and similar as quickly as they have departed from public attention ?

I am not actually "anti vax" . I am however suspicious about the evolution of the covid pandemic and the inevitable valid

Pfizer stock price is down because the bonanza of vaccine sales is over, not due to being sued. They are facing various patent expirations so until they can get more acquisitions done, the price will be depressed.

they only just became available in the US , last few weeks, apparently Novavax may include more recent strains when / if available ever. Meanwhile I hear they are working on a bivalent flu/cv19 for following years.

I just got the Pfizer, i'm under 60, chok dii "researchers"

14 hours ago, Irish star said:

I’ve never had boosters and I’ve never had a flu shot , I’m rarely sick , and never had Covid 

Lots of people like you pipe in with their experience of one.... those that died cannot. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Died  of  or died  with ?  A question that challenges 

Only for COVID deniers and anti-vaxers....

The rest of the world knows and understand that actual COVID-related deaths have far outpaced the official count of 7 million since the beginning of the pandemic, according to numerous different sources.

April 19, 2022

Global COVID-19 Death Toll May Be Triple the Reported Deaths

"More than 3 times as many people may have died around the world due to direct and indirect effects of the COVID-19 pandemic than officially reported, according to an estimate of excess mortality by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.

Whereas global reported COVID-19 deaths for the 18 months ending December 31, 2021, totaled 5.94 million, the authors estimated that 18.2 million people died because of the pandemic."

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2791213

That was thru the end of 2021. And then the same kind of estimates updated to current times:

Screenshot_1.jpg.97c6d72179c3b674506b83279c665d9b.jpg

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-estimates

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Only for COVID deniers and anti-vaxers....

The rest of the world knows and understand that actual COVID-related deaths have far outpaced the official count of 7 million since the beginning of the pandemic.

April 19, 2022

Global COVID-19 Death Toll May Be Triple the Reported Deaths

"More than 3 times as many people may have died around the world due to direct and indirect effects of the COVID-19 pandemic than officially reported, according to an estimate of excess mortality by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.

Whereas global reported COVID-19 deaths for the 18 months ending December 31, 2021, totaled 5.94 million, the authors estimated that 18.2 million people died because of the pandemic."

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2791213

That was thru the end of 2021. And then the same kind of estimates updated to current times:

Screenshot_1.jpg.97c6d72179c3b674506b83279c665d9b.jpg

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-estimates

If  You say so . Ho hum. Look to intent of source  rather than presumed veracity of source.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RanongCat said:

Died  of  or died  with ?  A question that challenges 

Yeah, that's the other load of crxp they come out with.... the dead are in no position to comment. Its like arguing 'died  of  or died  with' of someone with an axe buried in their skull, plain silly.