What is the problem with the 90 day online?

10 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Then again maybe it is because I am so handsome and a  nice person 

What is your reporting office?

Some, many, most seem to turn around on-line filings quite quickly, a few days at most.

But there is an acknowledged problem at CW.

I think I've seen a report or two here or on FB which indicate some improvement in response times at CW, but waiting to see more.

10 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I keep hearing issues with this but since I was recommended here to try it it has been wonderful.  Not only is the process easy but I always get timely reminders when I am due to re-apply.

Then again maybe it is because I am so handsome and a  nice person 

It depends on location with CW being the worst offender recently and the main reason for the posting of “ issues “.

Did my report yesterday at 8.22 am ( not CW ), figuring that sometime after 8.00 am today it would be approved and sure enough at 9.47 got the approval email.

Certain immigration offices need a kick up the backside to improve their work ethics occasionally, looks like it is time for CW to get theirs.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I keep hearing issues with this

Maybe you should spend less time "hearing" things and check here regularly for first-hand accounts. Then you wouldn't need to be spoon-fed by BMs who've done the hard yards.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

There is nothing wrong with the system. It never takes more than 24 hours to get an answer either. The only problem is guys try to use it with a browser that is not compatible, such as safari and also they make a mistake on the info they input. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4

Did mine last Friday the day before it was due, with Pattaya Immigration had it back 2 hours later, fastest I ever got it back was 30 mins, I could never understand all this nonsense about it not working, as I have been doing mine online ever since they first offered it, obviously operator error, ie: GIGO

Edited by Pungdo
  • Sad 1

Chaengwattana here. Online  reporting is usually fast but the last one was very slow, in fact exactly 15 days, applied Sept 4, received Sept 18. No idea why.

I decided to just wait after I confirmed my latest application was identical to previous ones, I did not make a mistake. 

I applied two days before the actual renewal date Sept 6.

10 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

What is the problem with the 90 day online?

With the new TM30 website launch, I think some here didn't re-register and then when it comes to the 90 day online process they are denied.  

15 minutes ago, bbko said:

With the new TM30 website launch, I think some here didn't re-register and then when it comes to the 90 day online process they are denied.  

I registered on the new TM30 system, have not actually recorded staying at it, relied on the previous notification (paper submission), and had no problem getting the 90 day report approved.

• Thanks 1

I'm now waiting 8 days and still pending (CW). As it seems that it's not a problem in the system... more a problem of CW.

In the past it took between 2 hours and 2 days... this time somehow it takes much longer.

Edited by HampiK
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

What is your reporting office?

Some, many, most seem to turn around on-line filings quite quickly, a few days at most.

But there is an acknowledged problem at CW.

I think I've seen a report or two here or on FB which indicate some improvement in response times at CW, but waiting to see more.

PATHUM THANI

4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

It depends on location with CW being the worst offender recently and the main reason for the posting of “ issues “.

Did my report yesterday at 8.22 am ( not CW ), figuring that sometime after 8.00 am today it would be approved and sure enough at 9.47 got the approval email.

Certain immigration offices need a kick up the backside to improve their work ethics occasionally, looks like it is time for CW to get theirs.

In that case I would venture to guess that it is not a system issue but an issue with the volume that CW gets and lack of staff to clear them.

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

Why do you think so many men get called handsome.  3 people is called a threesome, 2 people a twosome and if you go it alone its called handsome.

I don't go ti alone and still get told I am handsome I think you have the wrong dictionary.

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Maybe you should spend less time "hearing" things and check here regularly for first-hand accounts. Then you wouldn't need to be spoon-fed by BMs who've done the hard yards.

I am on here a lot more than you/  My I hear is simply a way of introducing of topic.  Would you be happier if I said I read on here?

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

At least for people in BKK lately, it's been taking local Immigration up to two weeks from the time you file an online report until they respond with any answer/confirmation.

The upshot is.... you can only start to file the online report up to 15 days before your filing deadline. And when they drag their feet like's been occurring lately,  people who have filed online on the earliest possible dates are not getting any answer from Immigration by the time their deadline arrives two weeks later.

That's been forcing some people to make unnecessary and time-consuming trips out to BKK CW to do in-person reports, because their filing deadline has arrived and they have no clue of what Immigration's done with their prior online filing.

I did my online report first day I could mid August. Waited a week, no reply. Status online stated "Pending".  Usually had something back in 2-3 days.  I asked the IO at CW why I didn't get a reply, she said "Too many people online". 

2 hours ago, wmlc said:

There is nothing wrong with the system. It never takes more than 24 hours to get an answer either. The only problem is guys try to use it with a browser that is not compatible, such as safari and also they make a mistake on the info they input. 

Wrong. When it worked for me the last 4 times online the usual wait was 2-3 days, never 24 hrs.  This time I waited 9 days before going to CW.  IO at CW said "Too many people online". 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, twestheimer said:

Is 90 day available to us citizens? All I saw was a 60-day Visa when I looked last.

This thread is about doing 90 day reporting requirement for staying more than 90 consecutive days in Thailand. 

5 hours ago, Pungdo said:

Did mine last Friday the day before it was due, with Pattaya Immigration had it back 2 hours later, fastest I ever got it back was 30 mins, I could never understand all this nonsense about it not working, as I have been doing mine online ever since they first offered it, obviously operator error, ie: GIGO

You and the other poster above seem to fail to grasp the fact that individual Immigration offices handle their own 90 day reports just for people who live in their jurisdiction...

So while one office might be turning around replies within the same day, it's equally true that at least one other office (BKK CW) has been taking two weeks or more to provide responses to online filings (where the filing has been made and confirmed to have been received in correct fashion).

The two things both being true are not mutually exclusive.

1. Very large bugs( the name comes from the 1950s when UNIVAC released its first commercial "mainframe" computer.  Bugs (probably cockroaches) would eat the exterior of the wiring.) came with the new release.

2. There are new websites for both the TM47 and the TM30.  However, the problem seems to be the lack of communication that they exist. 

3. I spent several days sorting things out and submitted my TM47.  Three days later, I was notified that the submission had been rejected because the new applications DO NOT support NEW passports.  

So, I will drive the reports to the immigration office for the next year and hope they have the act ready for prime time.

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

individual Immigration offices handle their own 90 day reports just for people who live in their jurisdiction...

There was a brief period a while back when there was immediate approval of an online submission, which could only have been computer generated. From memory, it only happened for me once, maybe twice. I guess that got dropped because too many jobs were at risk, and the system is now as you say.

• Thumbs Up 1