"Big Joke" Inspects Checkpoints - Enhances Security at Embassies and Key Locations Nationwide

webfact

c51ed4198f32cbee92f8d442c245972f4f273ea0e2f35e9eb069aef3bf3d8346.jpg

Amid the unfolding of violent events in Israel and their global ramifications, Thai authorities are intensifying security protocols.

On October 11, Deputy Police Chief Surachet "Big Joke" Hakpal led an inspection of security checkpoints in critical areas, including embassies and significant establishments throughout the country, reported Siam Rath.

65f9442515d385a0844f69c3266512cb2cf84f498bfb41bbd3be7945ecc594d1.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

The inspection, carried out in areas such as the Sarasin intersection, Wireless Road, and in front of Wattana Wittaya Academy on Sukhumvit 19, falls under the jurisdiction of the Lumpini Police Station.

The National Police Office has initiated these measures to bolster safety protocols in response to the heightened alert caused by events unfolding in Israel.

e75a3bada64a7e3657155353935ea80a55e142e829f1460ed33b581b704263a4.jpg

Surachet emphasized the readiness and capability of the police force, urging them to be vigilant and act promptly on suspicious activities.

Officers are instructed to adhere to strategic protocols to ensure the safety of both the public and fellow officers. Morale-boosting efforts included the provision of food and beverages to the officers on duty.

3b026efbbf73c0153e5db123a89ed06ef42d651ebba84b3d750e4934903e512a.jpg

As violence escalates in Israel, its impacts are felt worldwide, prompting Thailand’s National Police Office to issue directives for enhanced security around embassies, consulates, and other vital areas that could potentially be targeted.

These precautions aim to assure safety and instill confidence in both the local population and foreign tourists, affirming Thailand’s commitment to safeguarding lives and properties.

Top Picture: Siam Rath

-- ASEAN NOW 2023-10-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

I,m thinking Big pun" has been demoted. Why is the 2nd highest ranking copper in the country doing inspections of embassies? Couldn't a lowly Colonel be relegated to do this?

How's the investigation going with Big Nok and the cop who was slaughtered in front of 25 BIB?

I guess he was getting a little too close to finding out the truth.

Corruption here runs deeper than the Marianna Trench.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

Wasn't this the force that introduced pee-tests on the pavement to fleece farangs or am I mixing them up with another bent force?

I may be wrong but was that not Thonglor?

• Thanks 1

Big Joke has been given a new portfolio: Head of Security and Special Affairs.

And replaced in his old position.

Not sure but this may be a mini-sidelining?

According to Archayon, Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn, who was previously in charge of investigations has been put in charge of security and special affairs. The post left vacant by Surachate has been filled by Pol Lt-General Than Chuwong, the spokesman added.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40031580

• Thanks 2

On 10/12/2023 at 8:17 AM, mikebell said:

Wasn't this the force that introduced pee-tests on the pavement to fleece farangs or am I mixing them up with another bent force?

They're all the SAME force..... But I believe Thong Lor was the station most specializing in that particular activity.

On 10/12/2023 at 9:08 AM, jaideedave said:

How's the investigation going with Big Nok and the cop who was slaughtered in front of 25 BIB?

I believe BJ got yanked from that particular case at one point in the follow-up... though the reasons for that remain characteristically unclear.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 8:21 AM, bamnutsak said:

Big Joke has been given a new portfolio: Head of Security and Special Affairs.

And replaced in his old position.

Not sure but this may be a mini-sidelining?

According to Archayon, Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn, who was previously in charge of investigations has been put in charge of security and special affairs. The post left vacant by Surachate has been filled by Pol Lt-General Than Chuwong, the spokesman added.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40031580

I was going to ask... what the heck has become of that icon of Thai policing?

Thanks for the update!   I feel less "secure" already!  ????

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 9:08 AM, jaideedave said:

I,m thinking Big pun" has been demoted. Why is the 2nd highest ranking copper in the country doing inspections of embassies? Couldn't a lowly Colonel be relegated to do this?

There's more than one 2nd-in-command position and each one has different responsibilities. The new police chief had a reshuffle and BJ was moved to the national security brief.