Official Gets 50 Years In Jail For Wrongful Use Of Official Sedan

webfact

5 hours ago, jippytum said:

Poiticians and civil servants in Thailand steal millions from the government and escape justice. Yet this guy gets fifty years jail for using the company car for private use.  Double standards and injustice on display here. 

Always more to these stories. I am wondering who's wife he was fount in the cot with?

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe he better could fraud with millions as one of the senators did not long ago... Than he would be not prosecuted at all, but this man probably doesn't have high ranked friends so he has to pay what elites and highranked people don't need to do... Equality in treatment??? Not in Thailand for the common people.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Do horrendous, law-breaking things as a government official and your punishment is being sent to an 'inactive post'--or selected as a government minister.  Drive what looks like a pretty crap government car for personal use and get 50 years in jail.  Just nuts.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PeachCH said:

Nothing wrong with this sentence. A strong warning to others. 

Couldn't see his age. But I reckon he will be retired before the 50 years is up.

I think the 50 years is a tad OTT. I think the years given should be so that he is let out at 69. So if he is, say 45 when sentenced, then he gets 24 years. Much fairer that way. Not good to know you will probably die in the monkey. Give the guy some hope.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Considering the offences were committed nearly 10 years ago and still gets 50 years,  someone is not telling us everything

I think it's lucky the crime was detected so quickly. He might have misused the car for more than two years at great loss to the community.????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

In the slammer?  I bet he was sitting in the warden's aircon office drinking the best whiskey.

3 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

In the slammer?  I bet he was sitting in the warden's aircon office drinking the best whiskey.

What about the unelected soldier PM who took over the country in an illegal coup and stayed for 9 years? Goodness knows how much his own personal bank accounts rose in that time.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, stix40 said:

50 years for borrowing a company vehicle WTF !

Is the justice system based on rules created by the DPRK ? 

I hate to think what happens if a farang gets caught stealing a wee bag of kao nio ????

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Doesn't the USA also give ridiculous sentences, like 150 years?

Not for the misuse of a company vehicle or any vehicle. Not even for felony grand theft autoIn the USA that's 3 years max. 

This is absurd cuz the punishment FAR exceeds the "crime". 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Thumbs Up 1