Decent hotel in Samet

PJ71

Just now, bignok said:

Reviews on there ffs

FFS you're hard work, do you not think i know how Agoda or other similar websites work?

I'm looking for personal recommendations that are up to date from members on here. If you've nothing to add gtf!

PS i find it amusing you think 5K is funny, we're not all poor old men....

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, PJ71 said:

FFS you're hard work, do you not think i know how Agoda or other similar websites work?

I'm looking for personal recommendations that are up to date from members on here. If you've nothing to add gtf!

PS i find it amusing you think 5K is funny, we're not all poor old men....

Thousands of personal reviews on there with average scores

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, and that is why he make a thread and pose a question. If you have nothing to contribute with, you are not needed here. Just go start another dull thread as usual.

Anyone can go on booking.com type in 9/10 review score. Very easy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Have stayed on Ko Samed a fair few times & not sure (outside of Special Holidays, e.g. New Year's Eve) I've come across many hotels in your budget range (& by that I mean hotels that costs that much) but I really like Samed Villa (NB Not to be confused with Samet Ville, I made that mistake 1 year & ended up in the middle of nowhere)

It's right next to Silver Sands & Samed Pavilion & we've never had a bad stay there... I think the max we paid was 2,300b per night & that was at Xmas/New Year. 

If you're just looking for a nice hotel at the beach handy for Pattaya then I highly recommend Ennkai Beachfront Resort 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2098164-d25369719-Reviews-Ennkai_Beachfront_Resort_Koh_Larn-Chonburi_Province.html... Again quite a bit under your budget (most we've paid was 4,000b pn during a holiday season, but have never snagged it for less than 3,000)... Really is a great place for a luxury holiday without too much travel hassles. 

Nice one - i'll have a look.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Mae Phim is ok. Better than Samet. Samet is tiny with nothing to do. Chang is 10x better.

Ko Samed is my/our favourite island in Thailand & I’ve been lucky enough to visit a fair few, including Koh Chang 1/2 dozen times… Might have more to do there BUT the beaches are sub-par & I’m being kind here. 

Doesn't matter anyway as the OP asked about Ko Samed which happens to be my/our (GF is from Satun & grew up on family holidays to Koh Lipe which makes Phi Phi look like an also ran) favourite island. 

(iIRC) Mae Phim beach is windy, smelly & has nothing there save from a wonderful view of the (Shell?) oil refinery but please share why it’s a better holiday destination for the OP. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike Teavee said:

Ko Samed is my/our favourite island in Thailand & I’ve been lucky enough to visit a fair few, including Koh Chang 1/2 dozen times… Might have more to do there BUT the beaches are sub-par & I’m being kind here. 

Doesn't matter anyway as the OP asked about Ko Samed which happens to be my/our (GF is from Satun & grew up on family holidays to Koh Lipe which makes Phi Phi look like an also ran) favourite island. 

(iIRC) Mae Phim beach is windy, smelly & has nothing there save from a wonderful view of the (Shell?) oil refinery but please share why it’s a better holiday destination for the OP. 

I suppose if you love tourists go to Samet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1