Decent hotel in Samet

PJ71

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

The beaches and sea water quality in Samet are infinitely better than the mainland.

TBH the same can be said of Koh Larn… Even on Taewan Beach (probably its busiest resort) you can still walk chest deep into the sea & see your toes… 

Philippines blows all of this away though, in the seas down south (Cebu/Bahol etc…) you can pi55 in the water & see it coming out…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Teavee said:

TBH the same can be said of Koh Larn… Even on Taewan Beach (probably its busiest resort) you can still walk chest deep into the sea & see your toes… 

Philippines blows all of this away though, in the seas down south (Cebu/Bahol etc…) you can pi55 in the water & see it coming out…

Exciting

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, bignok said:

Exciting pee story. Amazing.

And that's what you took from my post? Really!!!

JF Sad...

Still waiting for 1 reason why Mae Phim beach is a better place to visit than Ko Samed (Which was the OP)... 

Wait, what's that? you don't have one save for saving the ferry fare? 

Sad... 

JF Sad... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

And that's what you took from my post? Really!!!

JF Sad...

Still waiting for 1 reason why Mae Phim beach is a better place to visit than Ko Samed (Which was the OP)... 

Wait, what's that? you don't have one save for saving the ferry fare? 

Sad... 

JF Sad... 

Better food. Less tourists. Cheaper hotels. No knobhead farangs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Better food. Less tourists. Cheaper hotels. No knobhead farangs.

I’ve been there & found the restaurants sub par (name 1 that isn’t) 

The food was average at best (GF is a huge critic of beachside restaurant that serve sea food on ice)  & there were no tourists because the beach:food wasn’t worth visiting for, nor was anything else… 

I went there with GF’s auntie & her (Dutch) husband (+2 young daughters) who has lived & worked In Thailand for 25 years and even they said the food wasn’t very good…

Name a restaurant & I’ll go there tomorrow, post pics & give you a response Falang & Thai…

Are you Thai? Or is it just every other Farang in Thailand that you think is a “Knobhead” despite clear evidence in this thread that some of us live here & enjoy the country so have a more positive outlook on life

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mike Teavee said:

I’ve been there & found the restaurants sub par (name 1 that isn’t) 

The food was average at best (GF is a huge critic of beachside restaurant that serve sea food on ice)  & there were no tourists because the beach:food wasn’t worth visiting for, nor was anything else… 

I went there with GF’s auntie & her (Dutch) husband (+2 young daughters) who has lived & worked In Thailand for 25 years and even they said the food wasn’t very good…

Name a restaurant & I’ll go there tomorrow, post pics & give you a response Falang & Thai…

Are you Thai? Or is it just every other Farang in Thailand that you think is a “Knobhead” despite clear evidence in this thread that some of us live here & enjoy the country so have a more positive outlook on life

You sound very tryhard. Samet is a typical tourist island. Just go if you love it. I dont care.

26 minutes ago, bignok said:

Not you at least.

Lmfao… you really are an idiot but I wont give you 1st place on my ignore list as I’m  going to sit back & watch you make even more of an idiot of yourself…

Added absolute 0 (ZERO) value to this thread..,

Great Job ????????????????????????

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Lmfao… you really are an idiot but I wont give you 1st place on my ignore list as I’m  going to sit back & watch you make even more of an idiot of yourself…

Added absolute 0 (ZERO) value to this thread..,

Great Job ????????????????????????

Wow dude. You called someone an idiot on a computer. You must be really clever and tough.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

My missus and I (and latterly our daughter - now 11 yrs) have been visiting Koh Samed (or Ko Samet) on average about 2-3 times each year since 2001 - excluding the Covid years.

IMO there's not much to do on Samet, apart from lazing around, so a 3-4 day relaxing trip is optimum. Hire a scooter for the day  - there's just one road around the island. Hire a canoe/jetski for a few hours and that's about it. Beach resorts have a BBQ and fire show in the evening, some have a disco until 2400hrs.

As a family attraction, that is what keeps us returning each year. We don't need the night life.

We have stayed at beach resorts all over the island but we now come back to Samed villa every time.

https://samedvilla.com/  - great buffet breakfast.

There are much more expensive options (we tried a couple, on the sunset side of the island) but IMO not worth the extra.

Of course YMMV.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bignok said:

Anyone can go on booking.com type in 9/10 review score. Very easy.

You just don´t get it, right? Even if everyone can go one booking and look, the OP chose to ask on Asean Now forum and it´s members for what they thought. He also tried to explain that to you numerous of times. It´s really very simple. Give a particular suggestion in the name of a hotel if you have any experience of the island. Otherwise let it be. We all know that you can search for hotel and read reviews on Booking, Agoda, Expedia and so on. However, that was not the wish of the OP:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PJ71 said:

WOW - all i wanted was a recommendation for a hotel and it looks like i've created a monster....

Amazing Thailand.

BigNob sure is some piece of work, probably only been here a month or two, he'll soon leave.

20 years. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

You just don´t get it, right? Even if everyone can go one booking and look, the OP chose to ask on Asean Now forum and it´s members for what they thought. He also tried to explain that to you numerous of times. It´s really very simple. Give a particular suggestion in the name of a hotel if you have any experience of the island. Otherwise let it be. We all know that you can search for hotel and read reviews on Booking, Agoda, Expedia and so on. However, that was not the wish of the OP:

I get it but a review on here is no different to agoda. Rather read 10 reviews than 1. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, huangnon said:

That would be Mae Rumphung beach, and the view is of the lovely IRPC facility. ????

Mae Rim Phim is a bit further along the coast, and rather pretty good.

Thank you for correcting me, I am always on the look out for new beaches to check out so genuinely appreciate it ????

Will add Mae Rim Phim to my list of places to visit after we're done with her Brother "Passing Out" in the Army at the end of this month (That's a couple of days at Takiab Beach, Hua Hin) & my Parents visiting  us next month.

Still say my favourite island/beach in Thailand is Ko Samed though ???? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

I get it but a review on here is no different to agoda. Rather read 10 reviews than 1. 

Seems like that is your opinion and not the OP´s. He do not want reviews. He want recommendations from members on this forum. So, no! You still don´t get it.

• Like 1

Just now, Gottfrid said:

Seems like that is your opinion and not the OP´s. He do not want reviews. He want recommendations from members on this forum. So, no! You still don´t get it.

Right so members here are better at reviews than others? Guys who argue over politics.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1