Since the upgrade yesterday

billd766

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have no idea which forum this should go in. I cannot find the support forum

Since the upgrade yesterday at 6 pm (why 6pm and not after midnight as most other websites normally do) I was abruptly logged out and to log back in.

To do that I had to sign in, change my password, go to my email address and click onto "reset my password) as ANN would not accept the old one.

Go to ANN again and the change my password before I could access the site.

I read 'my notifications', but I cannot "clear notifications) as that check box no longer appears

The UP arrow to take me back to the top has disappeared once again.

So I thought that I would point this out on the "Support forum" and that seems to have disappeared as well, and I cannot find that anywhere.

Perhaps it is because I am old and knackered, but I am not sure if it is me.

It doesn't look like you can clear your notifications anymore.  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Odd that you had log-in issues, let's see if anyone else has.

The arrow is on vacation and will return soon.

Moved to Forum Support.

Thank you for your reply.

Since my post I logged out and back in again and I still have the same problems.

I did a search for Forum Support and found that and at this point there is only your reply.

Let's see if I can even post this.  I've had some weird stuff happen today.  I had one post display "This post is hidden until approved." 
Ok  The post contained the word, "I'd get a new bag," and a link to a James Brown song on Youtube.
Next I got a Captcha challenge.  Never had that happen before.  Then my post didn't post and it required me to log on again - even though I was logged in. 
So I'm confused.  I'll now hit the "Submit Reply" and cross my fingers.  In 3-2-1...........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, connda said:

Let's see if I can even post this.  I've had some weird stuff happen today.  I had one post display "This post is hidden until approved." 
Ok  The post contained the word, "I'd get a new bag," and a link to a James Brown song on Youtube.
Next I got a Captcha challenge.  Never had that happen before.  Then my post didn't post and it required me to log on again - even though I was logged in. 
So I'm confused.  I'll now hit the "Submit Reply" and cross my fingers.  In 3-2-1...........

Well that posted.

Perhaps we could get a list of what the upgrade changed?  That's pretty normal when web applications upgrade their services.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

If anyone else mentions the Home arrow, there may well be an "up-thingy", but it won't have anything to do with pages :whistling:

I've gone on bended-knee with the techies to install that plug-in urgently.

I know I wasn't going to comment, but I went outside for maybe an hour to do some odd jobs. I came back in to find myself logged out again.

I logged back in easily enough as I remembered to save my login name and new password to Google password  Manager.

IMHO whoever upgraded the system, certainly didn't test it fully before installing it.

Edited by billd766
corrected some bad spelling
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, billd766 said:

IMHO whoever upgraded the system, certainly didn't test it fully before installing it.

Ever heard the term...Rome wasn`t built in a day.....methinks you should put your name forward next time there is another upgrade....patience is a virtue bild.........

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I know I wasn't going to comment, but I went outside for maybe an hour to do some odd jobs. I came back in to find myself logged out again.

I logged back in easily enough as I remembered to save my login name and new password to Google password  Manager.

Fink the bloke doing it has gone to Butlin's...........:crying:................😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Do you have a link to that post or thread? I will have a look what’s up.

25 minutes ago, petermik said:

Ever heard the term...Rome wasn`t built in a day.....methinks you should put your name forward next time there is another upgrade....patience is a virtue bild.........

Have you ever heard of a deadline to do a job in?

As a field engineer installing mobile phone stations world wide for 20 years, if you bring a site on line early, the customer is happy, If you bring it on line late, the customer is NOT happy.

Also before we did an update, the update is rigorously tested before it goes out and is installed.

That, is called customer satisfaction.

Putting my name forward would be a bad plan as writing data is, and never was in my skill set.

Building and commissioning cell sites were.

• Thanks 2

Oh, i can post!

Thx, AN.

I cannot post anymore, 90%

I cannot quote another post and respond. 99%.

Usually the field where i should write appears and accepts only downloads of attachments, i cannot write there.

I can write this post because after 5 tries, what then happened was that the attachment field spontaneously combusted and evaporated, giving me space to write

18 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

This is the result of IT guys trying to justify their jobs... let's do this... let's do that... never mind what the users want... damn the torpedo's... full speed ahead.

I would often agree with you on this. Many times, company IT chaps have "improved security" to the point where nothing works or is so slow as to make one's job impossible.

In our case here the update was desperately needed to improve security against cyber-attacks. It's unfortunate that a number of useful features have fallen by the wayside 😞 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GarryP said:

It doesn't look like you can clear your notifications anymore.  

Yeah, this one is a pain.

Previously you could click on the bell, three lines and Clear Notifications.

Now three lines takes you to View All Notifications, where I cannot find a way to clear them.

• Like 2

I was not able to access forum at all after 1800 on 17th until morning try today at about 0720 on the 19th.  All day yesterday had sign in - did so and got forum outage message (with a pot advertisement below).  This happened at least 30 times during the day until 2000 gave up.  Also tried new access to just to asiannow.com and got same outage message or not even able to contact website.  This all using local True access.  This morning different default came up for log in - did so and all seems to be working - except the go to top shortcut that we all seem to be going on about.

So much 'kin whinging from members who think that our zero financial contribution to this forum, that provides us with information and entertainment for no cost at all, gives us the right to moan about the site and it's maintenance schedule and demand information about upgrades to which we do not need to be privy.  OK, the "Up" button and the "Clear notifications" button are not back yet, so what? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually we are the people providing most of the information and entertainment - at no cost.  Suspect the advertising we view is intended to pay the upkeep bills and profit to owners.

You'd better send Asean Now your invoice then, if you're so proud of the entertainment and information that you think you provide!  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So much 'kin whinging from members who think that our zero financial contribution to this forum, that provides us with information and entertainment for no cost at all, gives us the right to moan about the site and it's maintenance schedule and demand information about upgrades to which we do not need to be privy.  OK, the "Up" button and the "Clear notifications" button are not back yet, so what? 

As a former engineer I was always taught this simple maxim.

If it works, don't screw with it.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 1:05 PM, Crossy said:

Odd that you had log-in issues, let's see if anyone else has.

The arrow is on vacation and will return soon.

Moved to Forum Support.

It is back now on 20 October.

Thank you for your hard work, Crossy.