I think I've gone native for too long.

giddyup

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I would hope you have not stopped using condoms for the same reason.

I'm just trying to remember the last time I wore a tie.

You make a good point as there are more and more reckless mongrels getting their weekly or monthly maintenance,  with no protection at all, putting themselves and others at high risk of spreading,  sometimes,  deadly STD's.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I'm just the opposite. Wore sandals for years, then changed to real shoes. I even wear high tops now in Thailand.

I'm much more comfortable with a protective shoe. Can jump curbs, go over anything and no woorries about dogs, rats etc or getting dirty feet walking around town.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Same here… I guess it depends where you are, what you are doing & how you get around.

Ride a motorcycle in flip-flops ? No way…

Walk around BKK (or any city) in flip-flops?… no.

i think a lot of guys are just kind of loafing around. maybe sitting in bars or doing the street corner thing near their condo or sitting at bars or the beach. not really walking long distances or traveling.

i like really getting out there and walking around town. going places where i could not hobble home on one flip flop if i had too.

• Thumbs Up 1

My feet get too sweaty in flip flop type footwear, so much so that trying to walk anything over average speed and I'm in danger of breaking an ankle. I do wear them around the exterior of the house, bare feet inside, and pretty much always trainers when anywhere further afield.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

You've really gone native when you drive over a pedestrian crossing - with pedestrians on it - without a care in the world. 

Guilty. No one cares in Khon Kaen but in Hua Hin get shouted at by farang who can't integrate. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1