I think I've gone native for too long.

giddyup

I would avoid walking around barefoot or in flipflops with all the snakes and other pests around; obviously mainly in the country side or in a private bushy garden though maybe not that much necessary under Nana BTS Station BKK !!🤪 ...but even in downtown BKK, if a 6,1 ft ladyboy steps on yer toez with his/her platform boots, you can end up with trouble down your footsies.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, gargamon said:

I've been in SE Asia for over 20 years. I think the last time I wore a condom was in high school. 

Your choice if you want to play Russian roulette with your dick. Don't come whining on this forum if a bullet eventually catches you.

Of course, you could be in a stable relationship, and are just gaslighting.

• Haha 1

Teva is my foot's weapon of choice....

Currently holidaying in the US.... Tried a couple of alternate choices I had in the RV = right back to the Teva's....

Went to Tombstone Az. - nice 501 Levi's - Wrangler pearl button shirt - Tony Lama belt/buckle AND my Teva's (with color matching dark socks)....

Mostly because the shoes I'd planned to wear came unglued after about 3 steps 😆....

But - I was "right at home" comfortable.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, save the frogs said:

no dress shoes is understandable.

but no sneakers = you never exercise

best of luck with the overweight issues, diabetes and all the rest of it while you're bar hopping in flip flops. 

Agree with your observation "No sneakers  =  you never exercise. I wear trainers every other day to go for my jog around the golf course perimeter, however, after nearly seventeen years living here, my shoe size has gone from ten to twelve (UK). I put it down to walking around barefoot or wearing sandals most of the time.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I also have flinstone feet and am an avid flip flop wearer for casual occasions. I have a pair of those very comfortable keen uneek sandals for dressy occasions that stretch to suit your foot width and wide bodied sneakers/shoes for real going out.

I wear safety boots when doing heavy work around the house or cutting the grass. The local guys giggle at this until I point out the mangled configuration of thier toes after years of construction work in flip flops. 

The wearing of long pants is a story for another day. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Guilty. No one cares in Khon Kaen but in Hua Hin get shouted at by farang who can't integrate. 

Is it really that the falang on the crossing can't integrate or that the driver on the crossing is a complete moron who shouldn't be anywhere near a set of car keys?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Guilty. No one cares in Khon Kaen but in Hua Hin get shouted at by farang who can't integrate. 

Nah. Screw that, man.

You've got to draw the line somewhere.

If you don't respect pedestrians on a crosswalk, you don't respect anything.

1 minute ago, Woof999 said:

Is it really that the falang on the crossing can't integrate or that the driver on the crossing is a complete moron who shouldn't be anywhere near a set of car keys?

This.

They know fine well what they are doing; they just don't care about anything.

Well, money and face. That's about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, save the frogs said:

no dress shoes is understandable.

but no sneakers = you never exercise

best of luck with the overweight issues, diabetes and all the rest of it while you're bar hopping in flip flops. 

Little harsh no?   Can't stand flip flops, I wear sneakers everywhere but was told by Thai friend and youngest son that if I wore something more breathable it would alleviate toenail issues.  I bar hop in sneakers (well not here) does that count as exercise?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Nah. Screw that, man.

You've got to draw the line somewhere.

If you don't respect pedestrians on a crosswalk, you don't respect anything.

Thailand has a hierarchical social structure, pedestrians need to respect cars😉

Crossings are there to warn drivers, not force them to stop. 

Thais don't like being told what to do. 

Nothing wrong with going through red lights at pelican crossings. 

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Thailand has a hierarchical social structure, pedestrians need to respect cars😉

Crossings are there to warn drivers, not force them to stop. 

Thais don't like being told what to do. 

Nothing wrong with going through red lights at pelican crossings. 

Total bollards, apart from the fact that many Thais (and many non Thais) don't like being told what to do (ie they are more important than anyone else).

It's against the law. What else is there to discuss?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2490204/motorists-warned-of-pedestrian-crossing-penalties

7 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

yes, i have a reading and comprehension problem.

should have mentioned it earlier. 

Can you not answer a simple polite question without deflecting or diverting away from it?

Once again.

Please point out where I wrote that.

38 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Can you not answer a simple polite question without deflecting or diverting away from it?

Once again.

Please point out where I wrote that.

I may very well have misinterpreted your post.

But I'm too lazy to go back and reconstruct the scene of the crime.

Sorry.