Israeli embassy issues statement of condolence over deaths of Thais in Gaza conflict

snoop1130

israel_hug.jpg

The Israeli Embassy in Bangkok has issued a statement, expressing sadness over the deaths of Thai nationals in, what it described as, the terror attacks.

It reads: “Sadly, Thailand is one of the nations most affected by the terror attacks instigated by Hamas, with a death toll of at least 29 workers and numerous others injured or taken captive in Gaza.”

The Israeli ambassador to Thailand, Orna Sagiv, said she, along with the entire nation of Israel, mourn in solidarity with the Thai people.

Caption: A Thai student returning from Israel hugs a family member during a meeting at Rajanagarindra University in Thailand’s southern province of Narathiwat on October 18, 2023, after being evacuated from Israel amid the ongoing conflict between Israel and Palestinian group Hamas.//AFP

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-10-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Nationalities offered false apologies according to vocal objection . An imminent blanket statement is probably being constructed with input from UN expert spin doctors as the world watches. And  waits.

Bang on queue, how surprising...........................:saai:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Toolong said:

Sterile, diplomatic protocol & nothing more. 

Those who serve the state of Israel (so not Isrealis) at embassy level are, at best - and I'm kindly allowing for a very, very slight degree of doubt here - only about 1 single millimetre to the left of the furthest far-right-zionist-war-criminal you can imagine......Bibi Netanyahu. 

Then again, if this protocol was not followed, there would be complaints at how Israel doesn't 'care'. It's the done thing, and that's that. The more important aspect, IMO, are compensations to the families of those murdered, and those who were injured. At least on that front, the handling seems ok.

While I think Netanyahu is vile person, a bad leader and a whole lot of other nasty stuff - he's not far-right. He is mainly about Netanyahu, less of an ideologist. His coalition partners are another case, yes. If you need a reference, think Trump. Birds of a feather, except Netanyahu is smarter.

As far as I'm aware the current ambassador is a foreign office appointment, not Netanyahu's. The Israeli Foreign Office (not the minister in charge, that's political) and its workers are often denigrated as lefties etc. by the right.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, TooPoopedToPop said:

That's wonderful.

Let's hope it will be followed by condolences to to the families of Gazan non-combatants killed as well.

From Israel or from Hamas who caused this whole situation!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

No  condolences for the women and children these war criminals are blowing to bits.

I saw an IDF spokesman ranting out of control on TV in a strong Scottish accent about how the Hamas attacks justify anything the Israelis feel like doing in Gaza with no holds barred. So presumably hospitals, schools, mosques are all fair game in addition to the traditional apartment block demolition. They probably won't put the Scottish spokesman on again after he completely lost it on camera but I wonder what his old mates in Glasgow or wherever think about his attitude to indiscriminate killing of civilians.  Right you are then, Jock. Let's all hae another pint o' heavy.

Edited by Dogmatix

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

No  condolences for the women and children these war criminals are blowing to bits.

I saw an IDF spokesman ranting out of control on TV in a strong Scottish accent about how the Hamas attacks justify anything the Israelis feel like doing in Gaza with no holds barred. So presumably hospitals, schools, mosques are all fair game in addition to the traditional apartment block demolition. They probably won't put the Scottish spokesman on again after he completely lost it on camera but I wonder what his old mates in Glasgow or wherever think about his attitude to indiscriminate killing of civilians.  Right you are then, Jock. Let's all hae another pint o' heavy.

There was a Hamas spokesmen on (linked in one of the other topics) some days ago, claiming Hamas did not kill civilians in it's attack. What's your point?