Soi Bukow one-way? Nope it will never work......

redwood1

This is a bad idea.....More than just bad it is a terrible idea....

Let's say you want to go halfway down Soi Bukow....And you are on the wrong end of a one-way street.....You then must walk to 2nd or 3rd road catch a baht bus to the halfway point then walk all the way back to Soi Bukow....

Also, there are no baht buses on 3rd road.......

Plus Soi Bukow is a horrible street for walking...

This simply will never work....

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-authorities-propose-one-way-system-to-ease-traffic-woes-443394

Proposals for implementing a one-way traffic system on key streets, including Bua Khao Road,

Deliberations also focused on establishing the starting point of the one-way system on Bua Khao Road, initiating a trial phase for evaluation and community feedback.

Edited by redwood1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's a good idea, needs to be one way, obviously need to fine tune the detail.

Soi Honey also 1 way

Dongtan beach 1 way, probably loads more

And if you want to go the opposite direction on the Soi Bukow one-way street?

Then what? If your walking?

Edited by redwood1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Soi Honey also 1 way

It's the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard of. You would have a lot of traffic traveling a lot of extra distance, looping around to get to their destinations. That means more traffic on 2nd and 3rd roads, and Pattaya South and Central roads which are already parking lots for much of the day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Walking isn't one way. Plan better, maybe use 2nd or 3rd road. Remember motorbikes usually ignore 1 ways so there will be taxi bikes

You have to realize a large percentage of traffic is tourists who would not know how to plan their routes to any specific location on Buakhao. The people who plan their routes will certainly travel further to get to their destinations, adding to traffic density, and the tourists will be running loops to find their destinations.

• Like 2

I think make Soi Dianna the one-way point. This is already the busiest intersection on soi Bukhao so why not make it crazier 😉

On a serious note, surely Pattaya City Hospital has to have two-way traffic so any one-way would have to not include the stretch between soi Dianna and soi 15?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if it would be better for traffic or not, I will leave that to people who actually study such things.

But the two way street makes that street way more attractive, to me.  All of the businesses, outside of the LK area, in that area would certainly lose my business.  And I wouldn't consider a condo there to be worthwhile, anymore.

I guess that would mean less traffic, potentially...but maybe not for the reasons one might hope for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I think make Soi Dianna the one-way point. This is already the busiest intersection on soi Bukhao so why not make it crazier 😉

On a serious note, surely Pattaya City Hospital has to have two-way traffic so any one-way would have to not include the stretch between soi Dianna and soi 15?

Why? They have a back entrance 

11 minutes ago, James105 said:

Baht buses are part of the problem on that road, stopping whenever someone pushes the button so someone can get off and they can collect their 10bt every 50-100m causing the traffic to back up even more, or attempt risky manoeuvres to get past.   Maybe they should invent the 'bus stop' over here so there are 3 or 4 designated stopping zones for them, preferably where they can pull over a bit and let other traffic get past whilst they collect their 10bt coins.

Bath bus stops don't work, they've tried it, no one wants it. Bring on the one way, but I doubt they have the balls to go through with it

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

I imagine any one way would be opposite direction to 2nd road?

That would suck for me as I use baht bus to go out on bukhao and then happy to walk home. That would be going the wrong way 😞

This is correct....3rd road would never work due to a lack of baht buses...

So I guess baht buses could loop loop loop Bukow down to 2nd back to Bukow down to 2nd over and over and over and over and over 24/7 ....

But all this looping sure would add to traffic and waste gas and time....

Just now, redwood1 said:

This is correct....3rd road would never work due to a lack of baht buses...

So I guess baht buses could loop loop loop Bukow down to 2nd back to Bukow down to 2nd over and over and over and over and over 24/7 ....

But all this looping sure would add to traffic and waste gas and time....

Also, you would end up getting on the baht bus that loops from second down to beach road lol

Parking needs to be eliminated on most of the major roads--there's just too much traffic now.  North Pattaya Road is the best example--a handful or cars parked here and there block an extra lane of traffic each way.            More off-street parking lots added on side streets and public parking garages are needed.  There are lots of empty lots that can be quickly  turned into parking lots--with the owners earning some revenue until they decide to develop the property.  Traffic fines need to be steep--500 baht is a joke.  Triple it, at least--and strictly enforced. 

Obviously, 16 policemen devoted to enforcing the parking regulations is a total joke--I personally have never seen one in 12 years here.  They need a large 'meter maid' type force, out every day, patrolling every major road, and earning a portion of the fines collected for the tickets they write, in addition to their salaries, which should be funded by the fines collected.  All pipe dreams, of course.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Soi Honey also 1 way

Dongtan beach yes, what a nightmare on a busy day when grid lock occurs. 

• Like 1