Universal healthcare with one ID card set to expand in Thailand

snoop1130

3 hours ago, RobU said:

Soon the Thai National Health Service will surpass the UK NHS. If it already hasn't 

It's certainly quicker to see doctors and get tests and MRIs and stuff. And the people look healthier and stay young looking. What's 30 baht? About 60 pee? I support a point of care fee, but something more like 15 pounds or so (not to be paid to over paid doctors) but to be paid to the excellent managers and Minister's of Health who have done such a wonderful job with the NHS since I left UK's shores.

Edited by retarius
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, retarius said:

It's certainly quicker to see doctors and get tests and MRIs and stuff. And the people look healthier and stay young looking. What's 30 baht? About 60 pee? I support a point of care fee, but something more like 15 pounds or so (not to be paid to over paid doctors) but to be paid to the excellent managers and Minister's of Health who have done such a wonderful job with the NHS since I left UK's shores.

I presume you are joking about 'Excellent managers and ministers of health' in the UK . I worked as a senior information manager in the UK NHS  for a few years and spent most of my time coping with the institutional incompetence. There is a complete management disconnect where the most senior managers play politics completely unconnected to the purpose of the NHS the medical and nursing staff get the job done despite the senior management and politicians not because of them. During my time as Information Manager the most senior person in charge of electronic communication didn't even have an email account and she insisted on paper base in all her communications

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, RobU said:

I presume you are joking about 'Excellent managers and ministers of health' in the UK . I worked as a senior information manager in the UK NHS  for a few years and spent most of my time coping with the institutional incompetence. There is a complete management disconnect where the most senior managers play politics completely unconnected to the purpose of the NHS the medical and nursing staff get the job done despite the senior management and politicians not because of them. During my time as Information Manager the most senior person in charge of electronic communication didn't even have an email account and she insisted on paper base in all her communications

Yes I have an unusual and often misunderstood sense of humour. Sorry. For several years....about 10, I took my mother to here local teaching hospital amongst other places. They had a permanent (supposedly temporary) sign saying "Please excuse the delays we're re-organising."

The NHS spends about 300 million a year (pounds not baht) on management consultants. I worked as a level 3 manager in a large US corporation for 20 odd years.....our CEO used to say, "if I have to employ the <deleteds> to make this decision then why should I continue to keep you lot employed, that's what you're paid for." I agree with him. My mother died a few years back, but I guess the sign is still there along with the army of dim-witted and witless management consultants.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Yes I have an unusual and often misunderstood sense of humour. Sorry. For several years....about 10, I took my mother to here local teaching hospital amongst other places. They had a permanent (supposedly temporary) sign saying "Please excuse the delays we're re-organising."

The NHS spends about 300 million a year (pounds not baht) on management consultants. I worked as a level 3 manager in a large US corporation for 20 odd years.....our CEO used to say, "if I have to employ the <deleteds> to make this decision then why should I continue to keep you lot employed, that's what you're paid for." I agree with him. My mother died a few years back, but I guess the sign is still there along with the army of dim-witted and witless management consultants.

Fully agree with you. The current medical and nursing staff shortage is purely due to senior managerial incompetence in forward planning despite warnings and information from people like me. Plus they only advertise to replace staff when the person leaves post rather than when the individual gives notice so it takes up to 3 months after an individual has left to replace them. At least one month's notice is required and the more senior the post the greater the notice period up to 3 months. They then get expensive agency staff and 'consultant's' to fill the gap and complain the NHS is underfunded and undermanned. The whole point of giving notice is that the role should be advertised immediately and the new staff can be interviewed, give notice to their emplooyer and be in place quickly either when the individual leaves or shortly after.