‘Day of rage’ erupts across West Bank after Israeli forces attack refugee camp

Social Media

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Sill the first page and hasn't followed it from the beginning. Hmmm...

A gotcha. You got me there.  So many threads with similar themes I mixed them up. That said, you have any actual objection to my comment that "invocation of Nazis is over the top"?

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps it's just me, but I fail to understand how a nation with a history like theirs can then do much the same to the Palestinians.

However, I consider humanity to be a horrid species so nothing surprises me at it's excesses.

it's not just you. There are a lot of other people just like you blame Israel for the atrocities Palestinians commit and that think intentionally killing babies and raping women is the same as collateral damage from bombing terrorist rocket launching sites. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A warm welcome has been made ready for the israelis in Gaza.

Hamas could capture a few military bases during their 7th of October attack.

I suppose that these IDF military bases' stocks and arsenal have been emptied and brought to Gaza in the deepest bunkers.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

A gotcha. You got me there.  So many threads with similar themes I mixed them up. That said, you have any actual objection to my comment that "invocation of Nazis is over the top"?

You have not seen me call anyone a nazi. A lot of words are used stupidly like genocide, fascism, innocent and any number of other terms. I believe Palestine would very much like to eradicate the Jews, but that does not make them nazis. 

I do not remember you being concerned at all that calling Trump hitler or a fascist might be over the top. Apparently to the left, over stating the value of your assets for a loan is a lot bigger crime than gassing millions of Jews. 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

I suppose that these IDF military bases' stocks and arsenal have been emptied and brought to Gaza in the deepest bunkers.

Clips posted earlier on topic show large stockpiles of Hamas gear, ammo and arms captured after the attack.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Yeah, and Israel has killed a million innocent Palestinians since then as well, right? 

Has the WW1 UK aircraft carrier gotten there yet? 

8 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Israel have stated that they are not waging war on the Palestinian people , just warring with Hamas and they asked the people to move away from the fighting area

My understanding is that this happened in the occupied West Bank, not Gaza. Where do people move to from a refugee camp. Do pray tell! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

My understanding is that this happened in the occupied West Bank, not Gaza. Where do people move to from a refugee camp. Do pray tell! 

The post that I replied to referenced the dead Palestinians and that occurred in Gaza and I followed on from there , but yeah, this thread is about the West Bank 

On 10/21/2023 at 8:27 AM, Social Media said:

The organisation Defence for Children International in Palestine said Israeli forces used an American-supplied Apache helicopter, which “fired a missile toward a group of Palestinian civilians, mostly children”, and prevented Palestinian ambulances from reaching the wounded.

Shame on you USA.

14 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Perhaps Mr Carter should tell us where in Gaza is a safe area for them to move to as they are reportedly bombing in the south as well.

When no area is safe, why bother moving?

Also, how are those patients too ill to be moved going to get there without being blown up on the way?

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

They are not oppressed... they are victims of their hate and bigotry... they refuse to live as decent humans 

I suppose you could be talking about the israelis with that. They both hate each other, and decent humans don't murder 1,500 children with bombs.

• Haha 1

It is interesting that all the people that support/excuse hamas/Palestine always seem to see innocent civilian deaths that result from bombing military targets to be the same as innocent civilian deaths due to terrorists intentionally targeting them. 

25 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It is interesting that all the people that support/excuse hamas/Palestine always seem to see innocent civilian deaths that result from bombing military targets to be the same as innocent civilian deaths due to terrorists intentionally targeting them. 

It's interesting how people reach conclusions based on their own perceptions rather than on what's being written.

37 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's an over the top generalization

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It's interesting how people reach conclusions based on their own perceptions rather than on what's being written.

And that's a too wide brush denial.

Many of them do, not all.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps Mr Carter should tell us where in Gaza is a safe area for them to move to as they are reportedly bombing in the south as well.

When no area is safe, why bother moving?

Also, how are those patients too ill to be moved going to get there without being blown up on the way?

It is incorrect that all of the South of Gaza was declared a 'safe zone'. Specific areas within were. Whether or not people who were actually in these zones (as opposed to nearby, or generally in the South) were killed (and more specifically, targeted) - I'm not sure.

Why bother moving? Because regardless of your comments, there's a marked difference in the intensity of the Israeli attacks in the North of Gaza and in the South. Also, if and when the ground assault starts, Israeli forces would reach the North, rather than the South. Not too complicated without blinkers on.

The hospitals, by now, cannot be evacuated. Wonder why Hamas didn't think about it beforehand? What does Al Jazeera say? Anyway, they are not directly bombed by Israel as far as I'm aware.

11 minutes ago, Morch said:

That's an over the top generalization

And that's a too wide brush denial.

Many of them do, not all.

Good I said 'people' then and not 'all people ' or similar. So no, no wide brush denial.

44 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So, you consider deaths of civilians that result from Israel's IDF bombing/attempting to bomb military targets much less egregious than the civilian deaths that result from Palestine's hamas' attacks in Israel and their indiscriminately firing of rockets into Israel. 

That's good to know, and I apologize. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

So, you consider deaths of civilians that result from Israel's IDF bombing/attempting to bomb military targets much less egregious than the civilian deaths that result from Palestine's hamas' attacks in Israel and their indiscriminately firing of rockets into Israel. 

And you do not consider deliberate targeting and murder of unarmed civilians to be worse than unarmed civilians who died because of warfare taking place around them? I cannot imagine an equivalence, but perhaps you might better explain it to me?

13 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Thanks for a very good example where your interpretation totally misrepresents what was said.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Thanks for a very good example where your interpretation totally misrepresents what was said.

I said: "It is interesting that all the people that support/excuse hamas/Palestine always seem to see innocent civilian deaths that result from bombing military targets to be the same as innocent civilian deaths due to terrorists intentionally targeting them."

Which you (correct me if I am wrong) seemed to take me to task for, indicating (I thought) you did not agree with the statement, but apparently, I was wrong.

So, your argument really was only with the word "all" (which I agree I should never have used), and did not relate to you, because you (apparently) agree that innocent civilian deaths that result from bombing military targets to be the same as innocent civilian deaths due to terrorists intentionally targeting them. 

Are we clear now? 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I said: "It is interesting that all the people that support/excuse hamas/Palestine always seem to see innocent civilian deaths that result from bombing military targets to be the same as innocent civilian deaths due to terrorists intentionally targeting them."

Which you (correct me if I am wrong) seemed to take me to task for, indicating (I thought) you did not agree with the statement, but apparently, I was wrong.

So, your argument really was only with the word "all" (which I agree I should never have used), and did not relate to you, because you (apparently) agree that innocent civilian deaths that result from bombing military targets to be the same as innocent civilian deaths due to terrorists intentionally targeting them. 

Are we clear now? 

I was just writing a reply to another of your posts. I stopped though since I realize that any nuance is lost on you and seen as Hamas backing and excusing Hamas atrocities. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I cannot imagine an equivalence either, but some people supporting Palestine's hamas claim they are. 

Can you provide a snippet or copy past of the post/quote ? (or did you just want to have a chat with somebody)

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I was just writing a reply to another of your posts. I stopped though since I realize that any nuance is lost on you and seen as Hamas backing and excusing Hamas atrocities. 

What "nuance"?

When I implied you consider deaths of civilians that result from Israel's IDF bombing/attempting to bomb military targets the same as civilian deaths that result from Palestine's hamas' attacks in Israel and their indiscriminately firing of rockets into Israel, you took me to task and said it was not true. 

When I implied you consider deaths of civilians that result from Israel's IDF bombing/attempting to bomb military targets much less egregious than the civilian deaths that result from Palestine's hamas' attacks in Israel and their indiscriminately firing of rockets into Israel. You take me to task and say it's not true. 

Which is it? 

Nuance indeed. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Can you provide a snippet or copy past of the post/quote ? (or did you just want to have a chat with somebody)

Sure, right after you support your claim that Israel had killed a million innocent Palestinians since the 7th.