How long to get Non-O visa extension (retirement purpose) ?

Yes.

It's a good idea to make an appointment..

Runs like clockwork and your application is very smooth.

Banks are located lower level (SCB does not have branch there)

CW are now asking for copy of TM47..

Edited by DrJack54

Just now, retarius said:

In my experience, you will get a visa stamp for a total of 15 months.....what's left of your current 90 days and the 1 year extension. The caution is that I did mine in 2009, so things may have changed since. 

Thank you, but my question was if will get the extension the same day as application.

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, zenplay said:

For extension application for Non-O (Retirement purpose) 12 months :

The needed documents and papers are the same as the initial 3-months Non-O visa ?

The "supporting" documents are pretty much indentical.

The thing to note is that the documents you get from the bank need to be done on the same day.

So you need to get those again on the day of your appointment.

• 4 weeks later...

So, just got home from CW. I was attempting to apply for my first Non-Imm O one year extension. I thought I had everything in order. Turns out the ID card of the condo owner was expired! Sheesh. The lease agreement was ok, it was an extension of my previous lease, so that was not an issue. The only copy I had of the owner's ID was from the first lease agreement. Then the senior IO told me I need to come back with the owner's new ID card AND House Registration and Land Title Deed. I have never read anything about that before as a requirement. Maybe it's because this is my FIRST extension application??

Anyway, not a fun time and this is my first experience at CW where the IO was rude and a real ****.

Oh, and my taxi broke down heading back to the bts, left me on the road and I was lucky to flag down another one.

I would really like to start this day over.

On a positive note: I had an 8:30 a.m. appointment and needed to get my passbook updated beforehand. The Bangkok bank one floor down has an ATM PLUS a Passbook update machine outside their front door. Nice.