divorce yes/no

Pistachio

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are the same as them .

Not all Thais guys run away from their responsibilities , some Thais guys do and some Western guys do 

the vast majority of Thai men that get low class birds knocked up run away,

That's why there are so many single mothers working in the bars, looking for their farang white knight to save them.....

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Western guys usually have higher morals than that

what are these morals you speak of?

when in rome i do as the romans do!

how dare you bring your western morality bs into Thailand!

Edited by bob smith
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

what are these morals you speak of?

when in rome i do as the romans do!

how dare you bring your western morality bs into Thailand!

Is neither a Western morality or Thai morality .

Some guys take care of their Children and others run away from that responsibility .

Both some Thai and Western guys do that .

Selfish cowards just want condom free sex and run away the next day when they've achieved their desire

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pistachio said:

She doesn't have a system in things

What you are describing is the difference between the middle class way of bringing up children and the working class way of bringing up children.

The middle class way leads to highly productive, high earning children but often at the cost of the happiness of their childhood. This is where you get the ideas of "helicopter parenting" and "tiger moms" in Asia.

The peasant life in Thailand has a similar value system as the working class life in England. They give the children unstructured lives which can be very contentful but obviously they are not going to become the next CEOs of Google.

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, Pistachio said:

She doesn't have a system in things she brings up the children without rules she would like to give them a tablet which I have forbidden her to do

This comment indicates to me you have control issues. "I have forbidden", you say. This is quite an archaic attitude as these days marriage partners are considered to be equal partners. You need to negotiate, not rule.

I think you're expecting your Thai wife to adapt to your lifestyle in Europe, and she feels out of place. Europe is most definitely not one place, but many countries, with many different customs and attitudes. What language is she not learning?

Have you considered for a moment that you might be hard work to live with as you want everything done your way and you're not willing to compromise? I might be feeling sorry for your wife.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Run away, as cowards do 

I don't really see how leaving his marriage for his own mental health is considered cowardice. My parents split up when I was younger and my life was a lot better because of it. No more arguing, just two generally happier parents who valued their time with me and my sister more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JensenZ said:

This is quite an archaic attitude as these days marriage partners are considered to be equal partners.

That is the current western model but every relationship is different and has different dynamics.

Relationships don't need to all conform to the modern western "men and women are exactly the same and have the same roles and responsibilities" paradigm, imo.

That said, there does need to be respect going both ways.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I don't really see how leaving his marriage for his own mental health is considered cowardice. My parents split up when I was younger and my life was a lot better because of it. No more arguing, just two generally happier parents who valued their time with me and my sister more. 

Follow the dialogue I was talking about disappearing  bob, rather than the O.P.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That doesn't necessary mean that it is best to live together with the mother of the children who obviously doesn't take her role serious.

This based on what? The OP's gurning about his wife being a bad mother due to what he bizarrely perceives as not being compliant with his EU expectations? While he professes to being too tired to fulfil any of these duties she allegedly doesn't, I see the OP as not being too serious about the role of a father to the children in the EU.

Maybe it's the EU thing?

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, bob smith said:

the vast majority of Thai men that get low class birds knocked up run away,

That's why there are so many single mothers working in the bars, looking for their farang white knight to save them.....

Go on bob, bar fine them. You know it makes sense.

• Haha 1

She changed her mind, she was never that into you, but now she is much, much less so.

She wants to go home and is playing a passive aggressive waiting game until you agree. That's very draining and depressive to her; hence her bad house keeping. As per your post, she has much more stamina in this cluster puck than you.

I was in such a situation (with a western wife). Cut your losses, send them home, see the kids when you can.

That's def how it's going to shake out, so cave early and save yourself some grief.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

This based on what? The OP's gurning about his wife being a bad mother due to what he bizarrely perceives as not being compliant with his EU expectations? While he professes to being too tired to fulfil any of these duties she allegedly doesn't, I see the OP as not being too serious about the role of a father to the children in the EU.

Maybe it's the EU thing?

Obviously we can only use the information provided. If they are wrong then the answers are wrong.

I know one Thai mother similar to that. She just doesn't care. Some people, and not only Thais, don't know or don't want to know that children need responsible parents to grow up and become responsible adults. Feeding the kids and giving them a tablet and WiFi 24/7 is by far not enough. 

In Thai villages bad behavior by one or both parents is often in part compensated by the grandparents, siblings, and the neighbors and their kids.

But that is not so much in most of (cold) Europe. There is a lot less interaction with the neighbors.

Obviously the father also plays an important role. But if he is out to work from 8 to 5 then a good part of the parenting is done by the mother. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

He wants to keep the kid while he knows he can't take care of it. that is selfish.