divorce yes/no

Pistachio

Hello everyone,
I have a Thai wife we have been together for 7 years the last 4 living in Europe. We have 2 children together. We had our wedding in Thailand seven years ago and then super legalised it in Europe. After living together I find that for the last year maybe two I am struggling to stay in this relationship which I know has no future. We are both tired and only the kids are keeping us going. My wife doesn't want to learn the language. She doesn't fit in at all and I'm getting pissed off that she can't fit into the way of life in Europe. Home is a mess everything I don't feel the warmth of home like I did in my youth. She doesn't have a system in things she brings up the children without rules she would like to give them a tablet which I have forbidden her to do. Raising children in her eyes is that it is enough if she dresses them and gives them food. I don't see the motherly love she plays with her phone all the time. The kids see this I try to create activities for them but I'm on my own and I'm exhausted. At home my stuff is a mess in my bookshelf she has papers meds and minc together. No system in things. He doesn't go out with us he says the sun is shining too much or it's too cold again. I want to divorce but I don't know what to do with the kids? Should I plough on with this marriage for the kids? 
Divorce in Europe is complicated because the court will probably order her to stay here and we'll have alternate custody.
I want her to go away and leave the kids here and I suggested it to her and she agreed to it. The issue is that I can't look after the children on my own. Unfortunately I don't have support in my family. 
Any idea how to resolve this. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

22 minutes ago, gargamon said:

You can take the girl out of Thailand but you can't take the Thailand out of the girl.

If you don't have to live in the EU, then move back to Thailand. If you can't move back, you're going to need to get divorced. 

Thailand is so ingrained in her. Now the boy has a fever instead of hot tea she gives him cold water and doesn't dress him properly. That supposedly to make the heat take the fever out of him faster. I'm tired of her Thai habits that she applies in the EU.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Love It 1

24 minutes ago, gargamon said:

You can take the girl out of Thailand but you can't take the Thailand out of the girl.

If you don't have to live in the EU, then move back to Thailand. If you can't move back, you're going to need to get divorced. 

I'm mad mad I argue with her about irrelevant things. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Pistachio said:

. My wife doesn't want to learn the language.

So what language to you communicate in?

Have the kids started school yet? or even kindergarten?

Do they speak Thai?

Can you speak Thai?

I don't know in Europe, but many Thais lay on a bed all day looking at their phone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pistachio said:

I'm sorry, but messing things up and spending most of the day on the bed with your cell phone in your hand is not the right habit. 

What kind of job do you have that leaves you exhausted with no time for your children? 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, retarius said:

The morals of it are that you owe it to the kids to stay in the relationship until they are of such an age they will not suffer. If you want to be selfish then....

He owes the kids that he takes care of them, and not just financially.

That doesn't necessary mean that it is best to live together with the mother of the children who obviously doesn't take her role serious.

Maybe there is another woman out there would be much better in that position.

But obviously it is far away from easy to resolve this situation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

He owes the kids that he takes care of them, and not just financially.

That doesn't necessary mean that it is best to live together with the mother of the children who obviously doesn't take her role serious.

It is only obvious itf the OPs position is taken as fact.  

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe there is another woman out there would be much better in that position.

But obviously it is far away from easy to resolve this situation.

A breakup is virtually always much harder on the kids than staying together.