Bitcoin or Gold?

19 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

How much did you pay for your crystal ball to know this? The idea of halving is that it helps to control the supply of new bitcoins, and some people think it will push the price up. However, there's no guarantee that the price will increase - it depends on a lot of factors, including demand, the overall market conditions, and investor sentiment. So while some people might be bullish on Bitcoin post-halving, it's not a sure thing. And that's why not everyone is rushing to buy Bitcoin! It's a speculative asset, and there's always a level of risk involved.

BTC is up 14.4% since I started this thread 3 days ago 😉 Maybe you should take some advice.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

I just read some of your posts from 2021 regarding addictions. I was looking for context but they explain a lot. Best not to poke a stick when you've got that kind of history. So i will leave it there.

I've had stalkers before, you're not the first. 

Are you saying only poor people suffer from addiction? Come on man, your better than that.

• Like 1

Bitcoin will definitely far outperform gold and already it is the best performing asset class this year (+109%).

Adoption in the past has mainly been by retail investors ( ie the general public) but now Institutional Investors are fast coming into the market and the potential is huge. Blackrock which has in excess of 10 trillion Dollars under their control will very soon be authorized to issue an ETF which has the potential to make Bitcoin skyrocket. Many other big players will also enter the field, and this is now the start of the next Bull Run which could see massive increases.

Many fiat currencies in the world are on the decline and the once mighty Dollar may eventually lose its status as world reserve currency which coupled with the 33 trillion Dollar debt does not auger well for its future especially as the money printers will shortly be turned on again! BRICS is a significant challenge and China, Russian, India etc. will probably be the winners.

Bitcoin is a digital asset not controlled by any Gov't or individual and has a fixed number of coins. Nobody can "print" Bitcoin which will ensure the store of value in future.

I am very bullish on Bitcoin and certain other digital assets and those people who are early adopters stand to make substantial gains. It is a very volatile asset but there is a distinct cycle and people who lose money on crypto do so by buying high and selling when the price collapses.  Good Luck!

On 10/26/2023 at 11:33 AM, matmee said:

Bitcoin will definitely far outperform gold and already it is the best performing asset class this year (+109%).

Adoption in the past has mainly been by retail investors ( ie the general public) but now Institutional Investors are fast coming into the market and the potential is huge. Blackrock which has in excess of 10 trillion Dollars under their control will very soon be authorized to issue an ETF which has the potential to make Bitcoin skyrocket. Many other big players will also enter the field, and this is now the start of the next Bull Run which could see massive increases.

Many fiat currencies in the world are on the decline and the once mighty Dollar may eventually lose its status as world reserve currency which coupled with the 33 trillion Dollar debt does not auger well for its future especially as the money printers will shortly be turned on again! BRICS is a significant challenge and China, Russian, India etc. will probably be the winners.

Bitcoin is a digital asset not controlled by any Gov't or individual and has a fixed number of coins. Nobody can "print" Bitcoin which will ensure the store of value in future.

I am very bullish on Bitcoin and certain other digital assets and those people who are early adopters stand to make substantial gains. It is a very volatile asset but there is a distinct cycle and people who lose money on crypto do so by buying high and selling when the price collapses.  Good Luck!

Good post, thanks

I am looking at buying BTC and plan on sitting on it even if it does drop down as it will eventually rise again.

If it goes up a lot them I will sell it fast but its very volatile. 

Gold is safer but don't see it moving much .

But who knows really especially if/when ww3 kicks off.

Edited by kwak250

On 10/25/2023 at 11:53 AM, Neeranam said:

And you seem good at predicting how much money people you don't know have. 

you showed off 77 BTC some time ago

so you are a big shot.. worth 84++ million baht or more...

I understand you want it back to 2 million baht or more,giving you 150+ million baht...

I cannot even make an account with ridiculous bitkub with their requirements...

I would have bought at 600k last year, but gave up...

at what price did you buy your BTC?   less than 10.000 baht I assume so for you it is 100x - 200x, easy money...

22 hours ago, john donson said:

you showed off 77 BTC some time ago

so you are a big shot.. worth 84++ million baht or more...

I understand you want it back to 2 million baht or more,giving you 150+ million baht...

I cannot even make an account with ridiculous bitkub with their requirements...

I would have bought at 600k last year, but gave up...

at what price did you buy your BTC?   less than 10.000 baht I assume so for you it is 100x - 200x, easy money...

I don't have that many bitcoin. 3/4 years ago I moved all my BTC into alts. Mostly Polkadot, getting 19% in a non-custodial wallet, and also in a US bank(Kraken). Also I am big in Multiversx. 

I lost 5% of my portfolio on Terra Luna. 

I started buying bitcoin around 53,000 baht, although accumulated/exchange some before that. XRP made me a lot in 2017, but I don't own any now. 

Hoping $2000 becomes a floor rather than a ceiling for some good % gains . Same thing happened when it broke $1000 .

I have some crypto but got hacked last year and am pretty cautious . For me it is too complicated to buy / hold / sell . 

However ETF 's will boost prices  longterm . Short term it may be buy the rumour , sell the news .

On 10/30/2023 at 11:02 AM, churchill said:

Hoping $2000 becomes a floor rather than a ceiling for some good % gains . Same thing happened when it broke $1000 .

I have some crypto but got hacked last year and am pretty cautious . For me it is too complicated to buy / hold / sell . 

However ETF 's will boost prices  longterm . Short term it may be buy the rumour , sell the news .

Store on a hardware wallet.