savannakhet now require bank statement (400k) for 1 year multi visa (non-O marriage or Thai family)

12 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Okay boyz and squirrellz
Just got confirmation from two different visa run companies who lug foreigners to Savannakhet for visas, that IF you want a year long, multi-entry Non-O visa based on marriage to a thai you DO need to show 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only OR the equivalent in a foreign bank account. There is NO seasoning required on the funds, just has to show IN your account on the day you apply 

They will only sell you a single if you don't have that.

That puts Savannakhet right on par with Penang in Malaysia (which requires 400K baht or the equivalent to issue the same visa). Any way you slice it, it's still a good way to get a year long, multi-entry Non-O visa based on marriage to a thai
AND
Just so everyone is clear, you CANNOT get a year-long, multi-entry Non-O based on raising thai children from Savannakhet, they do not issue it,   

Many thanks...........😊

13 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Okay boyz and squirrellz
Just got confirmation from two different visa run companies who lug foreigners to Savannakhet for visas, that IF you want a year long, multi-entry Non-O visa based on marriage to a thai you DO need to show 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only OR the equivalent in a foreign bank account. There is NO seasoning required on the funds, just has to show IN your account on the day you apply 

They will only sell you a single if you don't have that.

That puts Savannakhet right on par with Penang in Malaysia (which requires 400K baht or the equivalent to issue the same visa). Any way you slice it, it's still a good way to get a year long, multi-entry Non-O visa based on marriage to a thai
AND
Just so everyone is clear, you CANNOT get a year-long, multi-entry Non-O based on raising thai children from Savannakhet, they do not issue it,   

Just one question with that, how can we prove money in the bank on the day in Laos...

We can go to the bank the day before the trip to Laos, get a letter and update bank book, but not on the day as the application time is only a couple of hours...

Anything on that...? 🤔

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Just one question with that, how can we prove money in the bank on the day in Laos...

We can go to the bank the day before the trip to Laos, get a letter and update bank book, but not on the day as the application time is only a couple of hours...

Anything on that...? 🤔

I wouldn't believe it tbh. There was a guy on another thread just like this one who got his ME non-o without any financials or problems 2 weeks ago. These 'new' requirements are not listed on the website either.

13 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

I wouldn't believe it tbh. There was a guy on another thread just like this one who got his ME non-o without any financials or problems 2 weeks ago. These 'new' requirements are not listed on the website either.

You would be unwise to take your skepticism too far....................these 'new' requirements ARE there - a friend just encountered them.

Up to you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Thankfully, I don't have to worry about a visa just yet, but for clarity, it will help others.

Plus, when I have done the trip to Sav, I take everything, including the kitchen sink.

Pointless making the trip and being sent home with 90 days....🥺

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

You would be unwise to take your skepticism too far....................these 'new' requirements ARE there - a friend just encountered them.

Up to you.

I wonder, will they accept a Wise bank statement and Thai bank statement showing transfers in excess of 40k a month for the last 12 months?

2 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

I wonder, will they accept a Wise bank statement and Thai bank statement showing transfers in excess of 40k a month for the last 12 months?

It is a good question  -  and we won't know until it has been tried.

Personally, for the issue of a visa, I would have thought that they would want to see money in a bank account............................

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

This thread was started 10 days ago on October 24th so anyone before October 23rd would have received a ME non-o without any financials

when people talk too much and ask too many, you will give them ideas to implement the rule strictly, as of now they only follow the rule to the extent of their knowledge, but if you keep asking them if must it be seasonal, they will question themself did we do it right and will make it difficult for everybody

• Like 2

How do you prove that you have the funds if you have a foreign bank account?

Do they just accept the standard monthly bank statements at face value that you can download from your foreign online banking site?

If using the foreign bank statement are there any requirements to show previous months' statements? 

21 hours ago, WebGuy said:

Nope. I got the money on my bank account on 31st October and updated the bank book the same day in Kasikorn Bank. I copied the whole bank book and took the original with me. That was all. The money wasn't seasoned.

I have a child so I gave them the child's birth certificate and blue book to back up my visa application beside submittingmy marriage certificate and wife'sdocuments. Additionally, I gave them the KR 2 document that is normally not required. They took this all.

I didn't have a letter from my bank.

Hopefully, this helps.

Thank you....

Do you know ( or does anyone else know ) can a WP be attached to MENO?

15 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

Thank you....

Do you know ( or does anyone else know ) can a WP be attached to MENO?

Yes, it can. I have submitted the WP application today. However, I don't know what are the benefits of 1 year MENO in comparison with 90 days MENO when applying for a WP. WP can be issued on both and latter the visa is just getting extended based on the employment so paying for 1 year MENO 5000 THB instead of applying for 90 days MENO and paying 2000 baht may have been a wrong decision in my case.

Just now, Pouatchee said:

Dude this is old news.

The guy edited the headline cos at first it wasnt clear

Dont believe me?

Look on 1st page you will see where he changed it. This thread is like 2-3 weeks old... geez

Just back and catching up. Now I remember why I didn't bother to follow any threads when I was out of Thailand.

• Confused 1

Just now, Lemsta69 said:

read ALL the posts before you reply or else you look very silly. speaking from personal experience.

Thanks for the TIP but nah, too painfull reading them all.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, WebGuy said:

Yes, it can. I have submitted the WP application today. However, I don't know what are the benefits of 1 year MENO in comparison with 90 days MENO when applying for a WP. WP can be issued on both and latter the visa is just getting extended based on the employment so paying for 1 year MENO 5000 THB instead of applying for 90 days MENO and paying 2000 baht may have been a wrong decision in my case.

Thank you

Once you get WP do you think you will still have to exit every 90 days as per MENO max length of stay conditions?

18 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Okay boyz and squirrellz

Thanks for that info. I'm guessing that the people who gave the information actually live in Thailand? - otherwise they wouldn't be using a visa run outfit.  So there is a possibility that they may not have pressed the consulate staff on the Thai bank account as they most likely have one, therefore not a problem.

If its true, it could be a big problem for those who are using the visa correctly, some of whom I know, don't have Thai bank accounts.  Its not an official requirement for that type of visa - how could it be? You are supposed to be visiting your wife, not living with her and officially, a non resident cannot hold a Thai bank account.

I'll wait for them to answer my e-mail but on the basis that the information you've been given is correct - the consulate is well out of order.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I think @Brickleberry  is trying to say how common and low class it is to go online and boast about  your wealth. You seem to place a lot of importance on what 'class' you are but then call people 'whores' and 'losers' which seems more gutter class to me. It also shows a lot of ignorance of people living on pensions and also raises the question if you have so much financial knowledge  why would you think it is wise money  managing  to have 400,000 k sitting in a Thai bank account gaining little interest. We are lucky to have a person of such wealth and class  as you on our humble Savannakhet visa with no financial requirements thread but it is puzzling how such a successful businessman as you would have the time or be so bored as to  be trolling a thread about people going to Savannakhet to get visas? You must have such an exciting life with your money and obvious deep interest in the Thai Immigration system 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=we+are+considerably+richer+than+you&sca_esv=579117266&sxsrf=AM9HkKm5uKnD5frzK-JAQqB8hx6a-heIlQ%3A1699008165367&source=hp&ei=pc5EZfnoE4SWgQbE4ICIAQ&iflsig=AO6bgOgAAAAAZUTctWDzzMgFC54zyqU1Fki_8fWIdzX3&oq=We+are+cons&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6IgtXZSBhcmUgY29ucyoCCAAyBRAAGIAEMgUQABiABDIFEAAYgAQyBRAAGIAEMgUQABiABDIFEAAYgAQyBRAAGIAEMgUQABiABDIFEAAYgAQyBRAAGIAESJczUABYhRtwAHgAkAEAmAG2AaAB6QmqAQMzLji4AQHIAQD4AQHCAgsQABiABBixAxiDAcICCxAuGIAEGLEDGIMBwgILEAAYigUYsQMYgwHCAhEQLhiABBixAxiDARjHARjRA8ICEBAAGIAEGLEDGIMBGEYYgALCAgsQLhiABBjHARjRA8ICERAuGIoFGLEDGIMBGMcBGNEDwgITEC4YgAQYsQMYgwEYxwEY0QMYCsICCBAuGIAEGLEDwgIIEC4YgAQY1ALCAgUQLhiABMICERAuGIoFGLEDGIMBGMcBGK8BwgIOEC4YgAQYsQMYgwEY1ALCAggQABiABBixA8ICCxAuGIAEGMcBGK8B&sclient=gws-wiz#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:665826ce,vid:U8Kum8OUTuk,st:0

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Just double checking: you are saying that Penang is issuing multiple entry Non O (marriage) visas with financial proof (unseasoned) right? I had been informed via a source that I considered reliable that Penang was no longer issuing the multiple entry Non O for any reason.

4 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Thanks for that info. I'm guessing that the people who gave the information actually live in Thailand? - otherwise they wouldn't be using a visa run outfit.  So there is a possibility that they may not have pressed the consulate staff on the Thai bank account as they most likely have one, therefore not a problem.

If its true, it could be a big problem for those who are using the visa correctly, some of whom I know, don't have Thai bank accounts.  Its not an official requirement for that type of visa - how could it be? You are supposed to be visiting your wife, not living with her and officially, a non resident cannot hold a Thai bank account.

I'll wait for them to answer my e-mail but on the basis that the information you've been given is correct - the consulate is well out of order.

Can you provide a link that states " officially, a non resident cannot hold a Thai bank account."

as many Thai banks do offer bank accounts to non residents and Thai nationals that work overseas are classed as non resident 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

I am almost sure the answer would be no. The only proof of income that they might possible accept would be an income letter from your embassy, and even then I would be doubtful.

5 hours ago, WebGuy said:

If you will be traveling regularly, negating the need for re-entry permits can more than cover the extra cost of the multiple entry visa.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I think @Brickleberry  is trying to say how common and low class it is to go online and boast about  your wealth. You seem to place a lot of importance on what 'class' you are but then call people 'whores' and 'losers' which seems more gutter class to me. It also shows a lot of ignorance of people living on pensions and also raises the question if you have so much financial knowledge  why would you think it is wise money  managing  to have 400,000 k sitting in a Thai bank account gaining little interest. We are lucky to have a person of such wealth and class  as you on our humble Savannakhet visa with no financial requirements thread but it is puzzling how such a successful businessman as you would have the time or be so bored as to  be trolling a thread about people going to Savannakhet to get visas? You must have such an exciting life with your money and obvious deep interest in the Thai Immigration system 

Wow! That was much at the same time. The bottom line is not if it´s wise or not to have 400k in a Thai bank. The fact is that it is the requirement as Savannakhet is no longer an option for the penniless. As I have said many times. Moving abroad is not for everyone, and it seems like more will learn that the hard way.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1