Not Liking Thai People

JimTripper

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

So sorry to hear. Perhaps it might be time for a change. 

I love most Thai people, and love my life here. I have alot of respect and affection for most Thai people who I consider lovely souls. I actually find the difference between the way we perceive the universe, and the way the average Thai (and my wife!) does, to be amusing, and an endless source of fascination. And I love their lighthearted spirit and their playful nature. 

You could have saved a lot of time by simply calling them 'boring simpletons' 

Btw...I avoid most farangs here too.

Beer, prostitutes and ball-games on t.v

seem to be their lot in life. 😱

Stop the earth..I want to get off!

People are way more stupid than I ever thought possible.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I just had a very disappointing experience with a compatriot today, making me wonder whether there's something bad in the water here...

No, seriously, (Thai) people are very annoying, but the way to deal with it seems to be to outright ignore them. I say these days that I'm not living here because of Thai people, but in spite of them. Many seem to have 'big problems', and knowing that I manage my life here much better than most of them gives me satisfaction every day...

You managed your life so much better than them you are in their country complaining about them.

13 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I no longer want to be around thai people.

I like Thai people just fine but I don't want them to be living close to me due to noise and burning or driving on the same roads as me. Too many bad apples and the general population won't stop the bad behavior. This is why I can never say "I love to live in Thailand" as a definitive statement.

But if you really don't like the people themselves then yeah better get out before you lose your sanity and do something you'll regret.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

You managed your life so much better than them you are in their country complaining about them.

1. Where did I 'complain'?

2. That I managed my life better than 'them' is not thanks to them or their country. (F.Y.I., I have managed life well enough in a few countries on two continents, not just in Thailand.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I like Thai people just fine but I don't want them to be living close to me due to noise and burning or driving on the same roads as me. Too many bad apples and the general population won't stop the bad behavior. This is why I can never say "I love to live in Thailand" as a definitive statement.

But if you really don't like the people themselves then yeah better get out before you lose your sanity and do something you'll regret.

Well, I guess i would not mind them if they were not living closeby and I was never around them 🤣.

I'm talking in general terms, like you say "many bad apples", not each and every person I come across.

When the annoying interactions outweight the positive ones there is a problem.

Edited by JimTripper

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

Does OP speak even a few words of Thai?  It never ceases to amaze me how many guys can live in thailand for years and never learn more than 10 words of Thai.

I have always said that the real reason i return to thailand year after year is the Thai people. 

The bars, the girls, the cheap prices all come and go but the Thai people continue to amaze me year after year with how very nice the vast majority of Thai people are if you at least make an attempt to joke around with them a bit....and if you take time to learn at least a few very basic phrases you will be rewarded with many smiles.

True

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

2. That I managed my life better than 'them' is not thanks to them or their country. (F.Y.I., I have managed life well enough in a few countries on two continents, not just in Thailand.)

54 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

"No, seriously, (Thai) people are very annoying, but the way to deal with it seems to be to outright ignore them. I say these days that I'm not living here because of Thai people, but in spite of them"     did I get the wrong poster ? My apologies if so.

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

When the annoying interactions outweight the positive ones there is a problem.

but the people themselves are nice and friendly enough, no? It's just that what they do impacts you. If Thai's were more considerate I would be 100% happier in my daily life.

6 hours ago, JayClay said:

I always find it amazing just how many people with racist tendencies seem to move here.

Sorry but living in a foreign country is what you makes you racist in the first place. I never had problems with Thai people until I moved to Thailand. Many people can relate I'm sure.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

"No, seriously, (Thai) people are very annoying, but the way to deal with it seems to be to outright ignore them. I say these days that I'm not living here because of Thai people, but in spite of them"     did I get the wrong poster ? My apologies if so.

I didn't complain that people (incl. Thai people; that's why I did put 'Thai' in parentheses) can be annoying. I just stated it. Also, if you read my post carefully, I mentioned an annoying compatriot too, but, yes, naturally, most annoying people I meet in Thailand are Thais...

26 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Sorry but living in a foreign country is what you makes you racist in the first place. I never had problems with Thai people until I moved to Thailand. Many people can relate I'm sure.

Seconded. I had no non-positive feelings towards people of any heritage until I moved to Asia. Back then I was actually heavily biased towards Asian peoples. Living, and travelling extensively in Asia, my feelings towards peoples in most countries got even more positive (if this was possible), while for people in only two countries my opinion went south thanks to a multitute of extremely negative experiences in these two countries. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Seconded. I had no "non-positive" feelings towards people of any heritage until I moved to Asia. Back then I was actually biased towards Asian peoples. Living and travelling extensively in Asia, my feelings towards people in most countries got even more positive (if this was possible), while for people in only two countries my perception of people went south thanks to a multitute of extremely negative experiences.

The older you get the more you realise people are <deleted>

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

Actually, my opinion is that after 2000, or so, people started to go bonkers... Reason in Thailand was Thaksin (blaming foreigners for all of Thailand's ills), and internationally, dunno, 9-11?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Actually, my opinion is that after 2000, or so, people started to go bonkers... Reason in Thailand was Thaksin (blaming foreigners for all of Thailand's ills), and internationally, dunno, 9-11?

Pc stuff

23 minutes ago, bignok said:

In your opinion only. My experience is different.

Not my opinion. Like I said, from observation and many others also, this is what it is. And your words..............

• Confused 1
  •  
Edited by fredwiggy