Changing jobs while having a dependent (non-O) spouse

I have tried and failed to find information about what happens to the dependent spouse's non-O visa when the non-B visa/extension holder changes jobs. During my spouse's application, my company provided a "visa request letter" signed by the managing director, but that is the extent of their involvement. Nothing on my spouse's visa shows any connection to the company. However, the non-O visa is obviously based on my current job.

So, what would be the implications for the non-O visa if I were to change jobs?

Potentially important info:

- I work for a BOI company.

- Spouse is still on the original visa (to be extended this December), and I'm on my second extension with this company.

- Spouse is from a country that requires them to apply for Thai visas in their home country only.

Feel free to ask for any other needed info, and thanks for any insight.

If you no longer have a valid permission to stay, your wife's permission to stay (as your dependant) ceases also. If you are able to get a new extension of your permission to stay, your wife's permission to stay remains valid. Is your new job with another BOI company? Will the new job start immediately the old one ends? BOI should be able to advise you on this.

Thank you for the reply.

There is no new job yet. I want to figure this visa situation out before I continue with the job hunt, as it would be too much of a hassle to do the whole non-O process over again. I'm choosing my battles at the moment. 😅

To be clear (and sorry if this is a stupid question), if I could get another BOI-company job and they can transfer my visa/extension, would the non-O visa/extension also be transferred easily? And what if the job isn't BOI? Last time I was able to transfer from non-BOI to BOI without leaving the country, as well. 

Basically, if there's a way to change jobs without redoing the non-O process, then I'd feel confident moving forward. 

There is no such thing as transfer of extension. It's a common term but in reality you go cancel your extension from current job and you get 7 day window to leave the country. Your new employer usually have everything ready to get you a new extension during this 7 day window.

Ask BOI what happens with wife's extension in such case.

2 hours ago, farang721 said:

To be clear (and sorry if this is a stupid question), if I could get another BOI-company job and they can transfer my visa/extension, would the non-O visa/extension also be transferred easily? And what if the job isn't BOI? Last time I was able to transfer from non-BOI to BOI without leaving the country, as well. 

The dependant extension does not need to be altered in any way as long as your permission to stay remains unbroken. The problem only comes if you no longer have a permission to stay in Thailand. A break of even one day will invalidate the extension as your dependant.