Online notification of TM 30

Yesterday, together with my wife, I tried to complete the TM 30 notification online, which has recently become necessary for a visa extension in Pattaya (...I have been living in my wife's house as a "tenant" for over 10 years with a non-immigrant O visa and have never filled out a TM 30).

However, after about an hour, despite extensive research, we had to abort the online notification because too many questions arose while filling it out for which we could not find an answer.

I'll just write down which points we found misleading. If there is anyone who has done the TM 30 online registration before, I would be grateful if they could help me.

SREENSHOT-1:
a) Date of stay "From" in my case would be the date after the last entry (i.e. more than 10 years ago) ... correct?
b) Date of stay "To" refers from date of departure. However, I live here and do not plan to leave ... what should I enter there? (mandatory entry)

c) Under "Add" a window opens for further entries (screenshot-2) and next to it is a button for uploading an Excel spreadsheet (screenshot-3) in which exactly the same information must be entered as in the "Add" window. Is downloading, filling in and uploading the Excel spreadsheet a must?

SCREENSHOT-2:
"Check-in Data": would be in my case again the date after the last entry (i.e. more than 10 years ago) ... correct?

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 1

a) I chop and change between the date I arrived on my 90 day and the date I last entered.

b) I put the end date of the current extension.

c) From memory that fills itself.... might be wrong

It always seems to work whatever dates I put in???

Think you are correct re: screenshot-2

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, zenobit said:

©Will B Good, ©Caldera, ©Mutt Daeng
THANK YOU FOR THE HELPFUL SUPPORT! 🙏
I'll try again later and let you know if it worked.

OK thanks.

Please let us know if, after the end of the process, you can get a printable TM30 receipt that can stay in your passport?

Cheers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

OK thanks.

Please let us know if, after the end of the process, you can get a printable TM30 receipt that can stay in your passport?

Cheers

Haha NO

One time they still send you back to get the printout and tell you to take a screenshot with you so you do not need to fill in other documents... pfff . Do they ever think things through? At least they made the check-out date optional. It was first mandatory in the new system.

Edited by Blablaat
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

OK thanks.

Cheers

Here on Samui, immigration accept the screenshot. The only form in my passport is the TM 90.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

a) The date you arrived at your address when you last entered Thailand

b) Already answered by @Caldera

c) No need to use excel spreadsheet at all.

Unfortunately, it does not work as expected. When I open the "Add" window and then enter the time of my last entry under "Check-In Date", the message "Check-In Date must be within 24 hour" appears when I save. 😕

Could contain:

2 hours ago, zenobit said:

Unfortunately, it does not work as expected. When I open the "Add" window and then enter the time of my last entry under "Check-In Date", the message "Check-In Date must be within 24 hour" appears when I save. 😕

Could contain:

You are required to lie and state that the TM30 notification was done within 24 hours of arrival at the property (as required by the law). Do not worry about it. Just specify today's date as the check in date and, if queried, state that you are making a new report after a short domestic trip.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You are required to lie and state that the TM30 notification was done within 24 hours of arrival at the property (as required by the law). Do not worry about it....

Are you sure it's a good idea to provide false information to immigration? 🙄

Could contain:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zenobit said:

Are you sure it's a good idea to provide false information to immigration? 🙄

Could contain:

The alternative is to do the TM30 notification in person at the immigration office (where the report within 24 hours of arrival is not enforced). The online system assumes scrupulous adherence to the law.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The system is silly, so just go with the flow. If you never filled in a tm30 before you are a criminal already. Well, technically your wife. But the tm30 mess is all put on the foreigner, while the law states he/she has nothing to do with it. It is a responsibility for the property owner. So the owner should be fined and what else not. But hey, this is Thailand. Common sense is again somewhere on holiday.

ps you cannot search far back too. So be sure to make that screenshot right away.

It seems to me to be too risky to make the report with incorrect information and because it doesn't work online with the correct information for me, I will have to visit immigration in Jomtien with my wife at the beginning of next week.

I'm not looking forward to it... 😟

Is there an app or can somebody please give me the link to the website? I live in a house I built almost 20 years ago, in company name, and haven’t left the country in over 10 years. Getting old and this is confusing to me. Thanks 🙏 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jcmj said:

Is there an app or can somebody please give me the link to the website? I live in a house I built almost 20 years ago, in company name, and haven’t left the country in over 10 years. Getting old and this is confusing to me. Thanks 🙏 

Lots of good info here including link to new site. Section38 app no longer works on the new TM30 system.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
add comment
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, zenobit said:

It seems to me to be too risky to make the report with incorrect information and because it doesn't work online with the correct information for me, I will have to visit immigration in Jomtien with my wife at the beginning of next week.

I'm not looking forward to it... 😟

Did this last Tuesday (alone). No problem at all. Make sure you have copies and bring this to the information desk. A lady will staple the lot including a tm30 form (which does not need to be completed) and bring the papers to the opposite building. Hand in and after e few minutes you get your passport back including stamped tm30 slip. The whole procedure took almost the same time as I am writing this contribution. 

Have fun....

4 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Did this last Tuesday (alone). No problem at all. Make sure you have copies and bring this to the information desk. A lady will staple the lot including a tm30 form (which does not need to be completed) and bring the papers to the opposite building. Hand in and after e few minutes you get your passport back including stamped tm30 slip. The whole procedure took almost the same time as I am writing this contribution. 

Have fun....

Copies of what? Which info desk and opposite what?

TIA

On 10/26/2023 at 8:36 AM, zenobit said:

"Check-in Data": would be in my case again the date after the last entry (i.e. more than 10 years ago) ... correct?

I use the new online TM30 report system – this version is only about a month old – you cannot register a start date before the actual date.

You don't need to use the tablet-form to register your stay. When you have registered (your wife) as house master, there is a very simple form to add new residents of the house.

When logging in you'll start with the search form, click on +Add at lower left...

image.png.c78dafb3b764978243ada204dc259b92.png

Then the "Add"-form opens. Mark the house in upper left box, fill in the form – arrival date will be date of filling the form – and "Save".

image.png.bf704f0cba0934d23a7ac26890f964b3.png

29 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I use the new online TM30 report system – this version is only about a month old – you cannot register a start date before the actual date.

You don't need to use the tablet-form to register your stay. When you have registered (your wife) as house master, there is a very simple form to add new residents of the house.

When logging in you'll start with the search form, click on +Add at lower left...

image.png.c78dafb3b764978243ada204dc259b92.png

Then the "Add"-form opens. Mark the house in upper left box, fill in the form – arrival date will be date of filling the form – and "Save".

image.png.bf704f0cba0934d23a7ac26890f964b3.png

Thanks. But is there a printable receipt available at the end of it all?

22 hours ago, nauseus said:

Thanks. But is there a printable receipt available at the end of it all?

You can log out and log in again. Then use the search function where your table-line with registration will appear. Print the line. My – extremely strict Koh Samui – immigration office accepts that, they actually also check online and will find you in the system.

• Thanks 1

IT IS DONE! 🙏
Just came from immigration in Jomtien, where my wife — who is also my landlady — has filled out a TM 30 application and submitted it together with various copies (see below).

The confirmation (see below) was stapled on the page before the "90 day notification" in the passport and is valid at least here in Chonburi according to official as a prerequisite for a visa extension.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Edited by zenobit

12 minutes ago, zenobit said:

IT IS DONE! 🙏
Just came from immigration in Jomtien, where my wife — who is also my landlady — has filled out a TM 30 application and submitted it together with various copies (see below).

The confirmation (see below) was stapled on the page before the "90 day notification" in the passport and is valid at least here in Chonburi according to official as a prerequisite for a visa extension.

Could contain:

Could contain:

So, no online registration required?