Honda Click 125i Shocks

roger101

1 hour ago, roger101 said:

I have decided to replace them. It's far too bumpy. Suggestions for the best place in Pattaya (price/service).

Thanks

I had an upgrade done at a shop on Pattaya Tai, almost at Sukhumvit.  My YSS front and rear upgrades were 8.3k; stock replacements would probably be a small fraction of that as the labour portion was dirt cheap.  The shop was recommended by two Mityon dealerships and I'm very pleased with the results. 

1 hour ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Front shocks are 1000 for the full kit, rears are 800 for the pair. Installation is easy but will vary by shop. I would expect under 1000 for all four. It all depends on where you live.

Clicks don't have 4, 1 at the back, not sure about the front

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

I had an upgrade done at a shop on Pattaya Tai, almost at Sukhumvit.  My YSS front and rear upgrades were 8.3k; stock replacements would probably be a small fraction of that as the labour portion was dirt cheap.  The shop was recommended by two Mityon dealerships and I'm very pleased with the results. 

I did it at the same shop and it feels a bit weird. Not sure if it's too hard or too soft, but feels a bit uncomfortable. I asked them to add more tension to the rear shocks but they refused to do it. There's a language barrier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I did it at the same shop and it feels a bit weird. Not sure if it's too hard or too soft, but feels a bit uncomfortable. I asked them to add more tension to the rear shocks but they refused to do it. There's a language barrier.

My rear shocks are hard as rock, but that's how I wanted them.  They offered to adjust the shocks for free during the first year.  Thanks for relating your experience because it's probably indicative of what mine will be if I need assistance.  

2 minutes ago, roger101 said:

I went into the motorbike shop  (soi Buahkau) and asked. They showed me a shock, it was 5,500 Baht. Then I read upgrade. I don't want an upgrade just replacements.

Go to the garage on Klang by corner of 3rd road, popular place, they'll have replacements

On 10/27/2023 at 5:38 PM, roger101 said:

I went into the motorbike shop  (soi Buahkau) and asked. They showed me a shock, it was 5,500 Baht. Then I read upgrade. I don't want an upgrade just replacements.

If you are replacing the shocks anyway i would have thought it's worth paying a bit more and getting better ones. The stock ones are fairly basic.