Thai PM pledges fast-tracking marriage equality and transgender recognition laws

webfact

There are and always will be anti-gay bigots. The civilized world stays away from them so don't give them neither berth nor oxygen here. Don't let them take up space on this thread, ie don't engage with them.

Now back to the topic at hand:

Counting my eggs before they hatch, I'd like to know after getting legally married in Thailand, what the A to Z to get green card and social security benefit for the newlywed spouse? 1) to the embassy and get US marriage license then apply for green card - 2) correspondence with SSA Manila to get the SSA thing started?

Edited by watthong
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

I fully agree with the Prime Minister that gay marriage should be legalized immediately. It has been too long.

I disagree that Transgender people should be able to legally change their gender on official documents to Male / Female, as this encourages the lie that they really are a new gender. If a 'trans' suffix or prefix was added, this would be acceptable and reasonable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No Interest in persuading hard core homophobic bigots. Don't flatter yourself Bucko 

Sorry mate but I have equal rights to expressing an opion and I can handle any insult (homophobe, bigot, neanderthal whatever) leveled at me.

I do not hate gays, only the arguments I hear from the poor oppressed minority.

Cheers fella.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sherwood said:

Sorry mate but I have equal rights to expressing an opion and I can handle any insult (homophobe, bigot, neanderthal whatever) leveled at me.

I do not hate gays, only the arguments I hear from the poor oppressed minority.

Cheers fella.

You obviously hate gays. You're fooling nobody. You're all hot and bothered that a country that isn't even your own is going to finally grant equal civil rights to them. That is truly perverted.

Like I said Malaysia welcomes you 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Total bullsheit.

Thailand leaders are responding to Thai people in this.

You're just against civil rights for minorities that you hate in Thailand or anywhere else.

Also Thailand has their Katoey culture from ancient times that has nothing to do with the west.

I guess you're also against Thais wearing modern clothes.

Haters seem to always have some cover story to deflect from their bigotry.

Thais want to make this change now.

That's that.

I'm not against civil rights minorities. I'm against lefty perverts who insist on corrupting the easily corruptable young, while hiding behind rainbow flags and presenting their deluded and degenerate cultural filth as progress.

Thailand needs to follow its charming traditions and reject evil outside influences. It's fine as it is.

Edited by sidneybear
  • Thanks 1

Counting my eggs before they hatch, I'd like to know after getting legally married in Thailand, what the A to Z to get green card and social security benefit for the newlywed spouse? 1) to the embassy and get US marriage license then apply for green card - 2) correspondence with SSA Manila to get the SSA thing started?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

I'm not against civil rights minorities. I'm against lefty perverts who insist on corrupting the easily corruptable young, while hiding behind rainbow flags and presenting their deluded and degenerate cultural filth as progress.

Thailand needs to follow its charming traditions and reject evil outside influences. It's fine as it is.

You're not talking about Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, watthong said:

Let's not allow bigots to hi-jack this important thread.

DO NOT ENGAGE THEM.

And keep the topic on due course.

If you don't want to debate anything, what on earth are you doing here? Shouting at people not to talk to each other in a discussion group is ironic. You're joking, I suspect. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, watthong said:

Too early.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, watthong said:

Answer my marriage-related question, Jing. That's one way to keep this thread going. Ignore the goblins, otherwise they are going to bury it with their crapbola.

Shouldn't you and Jing just message each other privately? Why do it in public, then tell people who disagree with you to stop commenting. How daft is that?

• Love It 1

6 minutes ago, watthong said:

Bring on the next coup to throw out all the so called progressives. Sooner rather than later.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, watthong said:

This forum is not for spewing hatred and discrimination. If this thread gets shut down, I'm gonna start 10  mores until we get rid of the social viruses.

Go right ahead. Discussing things is the whole point of you being here.

• Love It 1

8 minutes ago, candide said:

Are you sure you know Thailand?

Haven't you noticed that one of its charming tradition has been the harmonious integration of gay and trans people in Thai society and culture, in particular in Issan?

Sure Thailand is gay tolerant. Always has been, which is fine. The foreign rainbow brigade is infiltrated by groomers who push their vile creed onto children and teens though, which is cruel and evil.

Let Thailand do what it does, without pushing foul and lefty western rainbow culture. It doesn't belong here. Thailand is gay friendly already. 

Edited by sidneybear
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Sure Thailand is gay tolerant. Always has been, which is fine. The foreign rainbow brigade is infiltrated by groomers who push their vile creed onto children and teens though, which is cruel and evil.

Let Thailand do what it does, without pushing foul and lefty western rainbow culture. It doesn't belong here. Thailand is gay friendly already. 

More than just tolerant, It's part of their way of life and their culture (and even their religion)

What have your imaginary foreign brigades to do with this issue? The proposed laws are just legalizing something which has been part of the Thai society for ages. I cannot think of any Thai people I know who could be against these laws.

Actually, it seems It's the foreign square bigots brigade (not sure there's even enough for a brigade) complaining. Why not let the Thai decide their laws based on a large consensus in society, without placating your biased politico-religious farang view on it?

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, candide said:

Actually, it seems It's the foreign square bigots brigade (not sure there's even enough for a brigade) complaining. Why not let the Thai decide their laws based on a large consensus in society, without placating your biased politico-religious farang view on it?

They are not complaining. They simply want to shut down the thread. Starting by hijacking it. They believe who got the last word won, and they'll be on your back until you leave.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/27/2023 at 8:37 AM, mfd101 said:

Good. About time.

(My b/f tells me that when I die - assuming that's before him, which, given his driving skills, is not necessarily how it will be - he won't be able to get the death certificate so he can show it to the Oz Embassy so he can get access to my Oz mini-fortune ie Our Oz civil partnership not recognized in Thailand ... )

That is correct and not correct at the same time. If death happens at the hospital and he is registered as the caretaker, then he will get the death certificate. If he is not, he may ask the certificate from the caretaker. Now, if he were  "only" your boyfriend, he would have no right whatsoever, and that would be difficult/impossible to get any documents related to such an event. If you are married abroad, it is another matter. Thai Government agencies tend to be lenient when they see a mariage certificate. Of course, not knowing your personal situation, difficult to answer correctly. That being said, it is an Australian matter rather than a Thai one. The Australian Embassy will be informed of that death in any case. I guess the difficult part for your boyfriend will be to reach out to the Australian court or attorney and/or to go there to claim what you will have left him, nothing to do really with him holding the death certificate but it would make things smoother

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, watthong said:

There are and always will be anti-gay bigots. The civilized world stays away from them so don't give them neither berth nor oxygen here. Don't let them take up space on this thread, ie don't engage with them.

Now back to the topic at hand:

The best way is to get married abroad in person or/and get married via Internet in the US. Then register your marriage. I am not a US citizens but there are plenty of forums about this and, heterosexual or not, the cases are treated the same way  ( FYI I got married both ways ( and I am not a US citizen) , first time during COVID, second time a couple of years later.... two countries in Europe are not as difficult as the others whatever the nationalities and the residency status)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

hahah fancy thinking not supporting "a coup" to stop gay people having rights is not fascist. And shall we go over the historical axioms of fascism and how anything that doesn't fit with the fascists ideas of social norms is "degenerate" and how violence against these outsider groups is seen as a norm... you know, like a coup. 

I can bring up Umberto Eco's properties of fascism, such as, 'The cult of Tradition',  'Obsession with a plot' and 'Fear of Difference', if you really want to go there? There are also definitions from Emilio Gentile and even Ian Kershaw that would hit the mark with your calling for a coup, cos you don't like other people's lifestyles, and because of some perceived plot by the Western degenerates. 

You know, if it quacks like a duck, it's a duck. 

You've mentioned this or that obscure writer on the subject of fascism, so as to appear very learned and wise. Yet you omit obvious contenders like Adolf Hitler, Heinrich Himmler and Benito Mussolini. Why is that?

Edited by sidneybear
  • Confused 1