Visa extension in Chonburi

I arrived with visa exemption, and went to Chonburi immigration to attempt a 30-day extension yesterday, with less than two weeks left on the original 30 days

The clerk said, "Queue is full. Come back on Nov 3 or 7."

My last day for the exemption is the 8th, so I don't want to wait until the 7th... would like to do it before the 3rd. 

Anyone know why she'd give me such specific dates? Is it worth trying again on the 1st?

Also, I didn't think a TM30 was needed for a 30-day extension, but she gave me what looks like a TM30 form, "Notification.... Residence". 

I'm staying in hotels. Do I need the hotel manager/owner to fill out this residence form?

I had to ask hotels to print TM30s from the website in past years (during Covid), but not for a basic extension. 

Also, I didn't get a TM6 arrival card at the airport. I found a post here from a year ago saying those were suspended, so I guess they're still not required? 

Forget the TM6.

For a 30 day extension you will need TM30 at most offices. 

Your office is being an A.H.

One solution would be to use agent.

Maneerat Soi 13/2 one option.

Other would be to check into hotel in a "normal" immigration office such as Bangkok and ask hotel to provide you screenshot of TM30.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Forget the TM6.

For a 30 day extension you will need TM30 at most offices. 

Your office is being an A.H.

One solution would be to use agent.

Maneerat Soi 13/2 one option.

Other would be to check into hotel in a "normal" immigration office such as Bangkok and ask hotel to provide you screenshot of TM30.

You keep recommending this agent. I took my friend to Maneerat last week and they quoted him a ridiculous 6000 baht to do a 30 day extension. So I did it for him for 1900 immigration fee.

OP yes you need a TM30 for 30 day extension. When you say Chonburi, is that the city? If so why not try Jomtien immigration. My Mates extension was 2 weeks before stamp expiry and was pretty easy.

• Like 1

And the OP did not have simple "pretty easy" experience..

From his OP, 

"I arrived with visa exemption, and went to Chonburi immigration to attempt a 30-day extension yesterday, with less than two weeks left on the original 30 days

The clerk said, "Queue is full. Come back on Nov 3 or 7.".....

Just address any advice to OP.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And the OP did not have simple "pretty easy" experience..

From his OP, 

"I arrived with visa exemption, and went to Chonburi immigration to attempt a 30-day extension yesterday, with less than two weeks left on the original 30 days

The clerk said, "Queue is full. Come back on Nov 3 or 7.".....

Just address any advice to OP.

Quote my whole post rather than extracting a sentence that suits you. I asked him if he meant Chonburi city whereby if so go to Jomtien where I found it easy

"When you say Chonburi, is that the city? If so why not try Jomtien immigration. My Mates extension was 2 weeks before stamp expiry and was pretty easy."

Edited by Pattaya57

29 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Quote my whole post rather than extracting a sentence that suits you. I asked him if he meant Chonburi city whereby if so go to Jomtien where I found it easy

"When you say Chonburi, is that the city? If so why not try Jomtien immigration. My Mates extension was 2 weeks before stamp expiry and was pretty easy."

Your the typical poster that eg someone states they haven't received 90 report conformation and dill posters come along with ...

"Did mine yesterday pretty simple  confirmation 4 hours later" 

So please advise OP what he should do rather than bang on how easy it was for YOU.

Irrelevant. 

48 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

OP yes you need a TM30 for 30 day extension. When you say Chonburi, is that the city? If so why not try Jomtien immigration. My Mates extension was 2 weeks before stamp expiry and was pretty easy.

It was at Jomtien. 

I was planning to change hotels on the 1st, so if I ask at this hotel to fill out the form, I guess the TM30 might show up wrong in the online immigration system on the 3rd, if another hotel has registered me.

I guess I will extend at this hotel if they will fill out the form.

Seems like having the paper form will make it easier. I had to request TM30s several times in prior years and most hotels had no idea what I was talking about. 

2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I did, I said if he applied in Chonburi city where he had hassle then apply in Jomtien instead. You are the one going off on a crazy rant

You cannot elect to apply for extension anywhere .

If he stays in hotel in Jomtien district and they provide TM30 then that would be a possibility 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

I asked him if he meant Chonburi city whereby if so go to Jomtien where I found it easy

You make it sound as if Chonburi City had an immigration office. When people say "Chonburi Immigration", they usually mean the Jomtien office, as "Chonburi Immigration" is what their stamps say.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Caldera said:

You make it sound as if Chonburi City had an immigration office. When people say "Chonburi Immigration", they usually mean the Jomtien office, as "Chonburi Immigration" is what their stamps say.

I thought Chonburi, Sri Racha and Jomtien had immigration offices. Obviously not

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

I thought Chonburi, Sri Racha and Jomtien had immigration offices. Obviously not

I think there's an auxiliary office in Sri Racha, but as far as I know they don't process extensions. At least they couldn't do the Covid extensions. But I think their services are limited in general. 

55 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

It was at Jomtien. 

I was planning to change hotels on the 1st, so if I ask at this hotel to fill out the form, I guess the TM30 might show up wrong in the online immigration system on the 3rd, if another hotel has registered me.

I guess I will extend at this hotel if they will fill out the form.

Seems like having the paper form will make it easier. I had to request TM30s several times in prior years and most hotels had no idea what I was talking about. 

Hotels do the TM30 online so highly doubt they will fill in the TM30 form and provide all supporting documentation required. Most people say ask hotel for print out or screenshot of online submission (Immigratuon can see TM30 lodged in system)

18 hours ago, Caldera said:

Sriracha?

19 hours ago, trappedinasia said:

I think there's an auxiliary office in Sri Racha, but as far as I know they don't process extensions. At least they couldn't do the Covid extensions. But I think their services are limited in general. 

Si Ratcha is not an auxiliary office and they certainly could do covid extensions, getting turned down doesn't equate to not doing them. The office is for people living in the northern half of the province. Can be very busy at times with other asian nationalities.

The Koh Si Chang office is for people off the shipping.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Not the best advice as it all depends on what you are trying to do. If you live in the Sri Ratcha catchment area there is a possibility you will be turned away by Jomtien immigration.

"Also, I didn't think a TM30 was needed for a 30-day extension, but she gave me what looks like a TM30 form, "Notification.... Residence". "

Yes, it is needed, as I have stated multiple times before. You need to do it within 72 hours of arrival or you get a nice 1,600 baht fine from Jomtien Immigration. Others here have said it's not needed, but as you can see, it is definitely needed at Jomtien.

Edited by bbi1

23 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

You keep recommending this agent. I took my friend to Maneerat last week and they quoted him a ridiculous 6000 baht to do a 30 day extension. So I did it for him for 1900 immigration fee.

For tourist visa extension, there is no need for any agent. Agens are good options that benefits both parties when 800K is required for a retirement extension. 

12 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

For tourist visa extension, there is no need for any agent. Agens are good options that benefits both parties when 800K is required for a retirement extension. 

Thread has zero to do with annual extensions for extension based on retirement.

The OP was asking about a simple 30 day extension.

Something that Jomitien was making difficult. 

Ridiculous immigration office. 

55 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP was asking about a simple 30 day extension.

Something that Jomitien was making difficult. 

Ridiculous immigration office. 

Reading thread again OP did not have all his extension application docs in order as no TM30.  As IO said queue is full It must have been busy so they told him to come back later when he had all docs (and he had plenty of time before entry stamp expiry). Lesson here is come with all docs prepared

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Not the best advice as it all depends on what you are trying to do. If you live in the Sri Ratcha catchment area there is a possibility you will be turned away by Jomtien immigration.

OP is a tourist staying in hotels so free to move anywhere to get the 30 day extension.

My point was moot anyway as he was already talking about Jomtien immigration where I suggested he go

Edited by Pattaya57

On 10/27/2023 at 6:46 AM, DrJack54 said:

You cannot elect to apply for extension anywhere .

If he stays in hotel in Jomtien district and they provide TM30 then that would be a possibility 

And Jomtien Immigration ONLY will accept application for the 30 days extension of stay during the 7 days prior to your current ending date of your stay. A TM 30 is REQUIRED 

4 minutes ago, travelerjim said:

And Jomtien Immigration ONLY will accept application for the 30 days extension of stay during the 7 days prior to your current ending date of your stay. A TM 30 is REQUIRED 

Jomtien is a rubbish immigration office making up random rules.

Only a guess but perhaps trying to coerce folk to use agents. 

19 minutes ago, travelerjim said:

But I just got my 30 day extension of stay from Jomtien 21 days prior to my 27 Oct ending date

46 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

But I just got my 30 day extension of stay from Jomtien 21 days prior to my 27 Oct ending date

From your earlier post in this thread

..... "I took my friend to Maneerat last week and they quoted him a ridiculous 6000 baht to do a 30 day extension. So I did it for him for 1900 immigration fee" 

So was it your extension or a friend's extension.

Either way does not help the OP as he was unable to  achieve the same.

Also many posts in other threads re Jomtien refusing and stating "come in last 7 days" 

None the less keep banging on. 

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

From your earlier post in this thread

..... "I took my friend to Maneerat last week and they quoted him a ridiculous 6000 baht to do a 30 day extension. So I did it for him for 1900 immigration fee" 

So was it your extension or a friend's extension.

Either way does not help the OP as he was unable to  achieve the same.

Also many posts in other threads re Jomtien refusing and stating "come in last 7 days" 

None the less keep banging on. 

Please explain why you think it can't be both my extension and my friends extension as separate matters. I've posted both cases on AN in separate threads. It seems you attack anyone who has a different experience to what you think it should be.

I obtained a 30 day extension for myself 21 days before stamp expiry, I obtained my friends extension 2 weeks prior to his stamp expiry, both in Jomtien. Could it be because my application packs were perfect including signing all photocopies and adding mobile number which are not listed in the guidance but they always ask me to do it.

But you just keep banging on that my experience is not relevant and now tell everyone that they must apply within 7 days of expiry. When was the last time you even did a 30 day extension anywhere never mind in Jomtien?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

But you just keep banging on that my experience is not relevant and now tell everyone that they must apply within 7 days of expiry. When was the last time you even did a 30 day extension anywhere never mind in Jomtien?

Geeze....there is a zillion posts of folk dealing with Jomtien for 30 day extension and being told nick off and come back in last 7 days.

Your personal experience does not assist is any way.

BTW ..Couple of current threads running about onward flight for visa exempt entry.

Check it out and post your personal experience.

So invaluable. 

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Geeze....there is a zillion posts of folk dealing with Jomtien for 30 day extension and being told nick off and come back in last 7 days.

Your personal experience does not assist is any way.

BTW ..Couple of current threads running about onward flight for visa exempt entry.

Check it out and post your personal experience.

So invaluable. 

First of all I call BS on a zillion posts saying you can only apply for a 30 day extension within 7 days of stay expiry. Of the few posts maybe their application packs weren't complete so easy for IO to say come back later.

Doesnt make my experience of getting greater than 7 days out extensions irrelevant as they've both been this month (I would think the opposite and very relevent)

You never did answer what's your experience getting 30 day extensions in Jomtien that you base all your advice on and allow you to tell me all my experience getting 30 day extensions in Jomtien is irrelevant?

Edited by Pattaya57

32 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

First of all I call BS on a zillion posts saying you can only apply within 7 days. Of the few maybe their application packs weren't complete so easy for IO to say come back later. Doesnt make my experience of getting greater than 7 days out extensions irrelevant as they've both been this month (I would think the opposite)

You never did answer what's your experience getting 30 day extensions in Jomtien that you base all your advice on and telling me all my experience is irrelevant 

At Jomtien, it seems to depend on how busy they are, based on countless reports over the years. At times when they're busy such as when high season arrivals wish to extend, (say in January), they tend to send people away who attempt to extend "too early" and tell them to come back later.

2 minutes ago, Caldera said:

At Jomtien, it seems to depend on how busy they are, based on countless reports over the years. At times when they're busy such as when high season arrivals wish to extend, (say in January), they tend to send people away who attempt to extend "too early" and tell them to come back later.

I know that. That's why you need to have a perfect application pack. I have signed all my photocopies, added mobile number to TM7, have TM30. Check-in lady looks at my application, sees it's all complete and I don't think she even looks at my visa exempt to stay date. Queue number granted in 30 seconds

• Haha 1