Nigerian drug lord’s Thai wives and foreign accomplices nabbed in Bangkok smuggling sting

snoop1130

On 10/27/2023 at 6:21 PM, mokwit said:

I thought drug barons lived a little bit better than munching on dried fish.

Stockfish. A staple of West African cuisine. Usually comes from Norway.

I assume this gang was buying dried fish with drug money and then exporting it to Nigeria.

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

so one of the perks of being a druglord is you get to have 3 thai wives?

mickey mouse operation. 

Feel sorry for him, 3 thai wives, bet he hopes for life imprisonment!

On 10/28/2023 at 8:28 AM, dogfish180 said:

Does this mean I can now walk around Sukhumvit at night with being ask if I want drugs every 2 minutes, by some ethnic minority chap? 🤔

i noticed that as well the other night. They are all standing around asoke and nana. What are they doing? Are they trying to sell drugs?

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2023 at 10:18 AM, LALes said:

I wonder if this will even make a dent in the number of them hanging around Soi 13 every night.

They could round up all of these creeps in one swoop if they wanted to.

So, if you still see these creeps on Sukhomvit, all this means was that a brown envelope was not forthcoming.

I believe this wont make a difference...

- there are multiple Nigerian drug gangs in Bangkok

- local BiB are paid to leave them alone in lower Suk

Be nice to see them all gone for sure - but this wont do it

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 10:49 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

What are you talking about?  Your wife's UK visa has nothing to do with nationals of other countries wanting to enter Thailand having to prove their income and where it came from, which is what the poster to whom I responded suggested should be the case for Nigerians.

It has everything to do with any national wanting to enter any country and the conditions of doing so

• Sad 1

On 10/28/2023 at 2:18 PM, OnTheLash said:

Couldn't agree more. I have worked there and seen them first hand in all their glory. In my opinion it is the biggest dump on the planet.

Leave any valuables lying around in the workplace and they will be gone, they can't help themselves.

All those natural resources, great weather and fertile land is completely wasted on them. It's all down to leadership.

My cousin married one of them in Ireland. He got the Irish passport and was gone.

The UK is now full of Nigerian criminals. Terrible people.

Like you, I have worked in Nigeria, in and around Lagos, Port Harcourt and environs, and I will quote you because I believe it is, "the biggest dump on the planet".

You couldn't trust one as far as you could throw them, and what are they doing here?? Well it could be said that they are here for the sun, but there's plenty of that in Nigeria; perhaps they're here to get a tan, but they are born with one; maybe they have come on holiday, but there's plenty of other countries near to them to which they could travel.

So perhaps they've come to Thailand where the people are generally kind and the place is full of farangs who are out looking for a good time (including drugs) and are very often inebriated, hence easy pickings?

After I had worked in Nigeria, I went to Malta for a holiday and I was sitting on a bus, and in the seat in front of me were a couple of 30-ish guys who were chattering away and they turned round and spoke to me, and I asked them where they were from, and their reply was, "from Nigeria, and it's a beautiful country you ought to go there".

My reply was, "I've actually been there and worked in the place for over a year and it is a sh@thole". Luckily enough they didn't speak to me again!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 6:31 PM, kidneyw said:

Certainly makes a change from luxury cars and houses.

They used to ship 40' containers of canned tuna, canned sardines and Mama noodles from Thailand but they flooded the market and the prices dropped so they adapted and changed products. Importing cheap products reduces customs fees and bribes.