Immi home visits

Pouatchee

For my last IO home visit based on marriage here in Pattaya, the boys in brown came took a few photos of the mrs & I in the garden and in front of the mailbox, they didn't come inside my home.

Are you in a condo/apartment or in a house?

Edited by bbko
  • Like 1

Just now, bbko said:

For my last IO home visit based on marriage here in Pattaya, they boys in brown came took a few photos of the mrs & I in the garden and in front of the mailbox, they didn't come inside my home.

Are you in a condo/apartment or in a house?

We are in our own house. 

My last "visit" here last year in rayong was done via Line phone app...

• Like 1

Just now, bbko said:

Does every immigration office have a BMW? 555, here in Pattaya they have 2.

Last year they arrived in a ratty old Toyota (belonged to one of the boys), the Beemer was "not available".

Of course, nobody cared about that and Madam's phone remained silent!

11 minutes ago, bbko said:

Does every immigration office have a BMW? 555, here in Pattaya they have 2.

me thinks banchang, rayong, has 1... but i don't know if it is one of the smart ones that used to make headlines because of their numerous cracking down on illegals...

😋

• Like 1

Op, it's not a big deal, they just want proof you actually live as a couple as there wouldn't be a basis for extension if you didn't, I guess. Same with father of Thais. They have their orders and it wouldn't look good if you denied them. They were very apologetic when they came to mine and had a quick scout around a took a couple pics. Since going on retirement, no more.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

The boys from Pathum Thani came yesterday afternoon (marriage extension, they come every year).

Re-created our photos in the kitchen, by the gate and in front of the house. They asked where the couch in the other photo was, "upstairs" (lounge is upstairs), they were invited to look but declined.

All very professional, it's the same chaps every year.

The only issue is this turning up and causing Madam to receive phone-calls "what has khun Crossy been arrested for?", for flips sake guys, it's not like they've not been before!

image.jpeg.f402087af4479ff1c5f8c529b4d594fd.jpeg

Hmmmhh...   Do you have a work permit for your activity on Aseannow?

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

We've only had one visit, made on our first year in Sakon Nakhon. That was 5 years ago. He never came inside the house. We stayed out on the porch and he wandered across and had a chat with the neighbour, who happens to be my wife's sister and BIL. All very civilized.

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

The boys from Pathum Thani came yesterday afternoon (marriage extension, they come every year).

Re-created our photos in the kitchen, by the gate and in front of the house. They asked where the couch in the other photo was, "upstairs" (lounge is upstairs), they were invited to look but declined.

All very professional, it's the same chaps every year.

The only issue is this turning up and causing Madam to receive phone-calls "what has khun Crossy been arrested for?", for flips sake guys, it's not like they've not been before!

image.jpeg.f402087af4479ff1c5f8c529b4d594fd.jpeg

this year not sure if it was both but at least one of the guys was different from last year for me.

My experience (two) is that they totally ignore me and speak only with my wife and take ID details of the neighbours from across the road. They don't enter the house, but sit out the back with an ice-cold cola before leaving with a bag of mangos or passion fruit. All very amiable and stress-free. Others' experience might differ of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had my visit in August and the immi officers only sat on verandah, never asked to look in the house. They wanted 2 x neighbours to come with ID and verify I lived there. 

Another group photo in front of the house and repeated again 2 weeks later.

(Refused their offer of help for 2k THB, so I don't think they liked us anymore :))

On 10/28/2023 at 4:07 PM, Ben Zioner said:

Hmmmhh...   Do you have a work permit for your activity on Aseannow?

Do you?

How is my posting here any different to yours?

And yes, my WP covers my activities at my current location.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2023 at 8:19 AM, Pouatchee said:

anyone who has any experience with this or any knowledge of our rights let me know.

In my case as retired with retirement extension of stay, the immigration officers just wished to check that I lived on the given address; and take a photo of me in front of the house, with house number visible, while I'm holding my passport and with one of the officers standing next to me...:thumbsup:

As i mentioned, i am in rayong. Last year they did it via Line. Had to have

my witness there. This year they said witness dont need to come to immi but needs to be there for visit. 

Last year we moved into new house and witness 10km away from new house. I hope they keep it simple and do it on Line again without witness

25 minutes ago, BE88 said:

If they comes I have no problem if he opens my cupboard, what does he have in the cupboards that worries him so much? An inflatable love baby ?

Maybe a Lion Like the Indians and a Witch....In the wardrobe :giggle:

• Haha 1