Reputation numbers

sirineou

24 minutes ago, connda said:

Interestingly enough, those reputation points use to show up about your post count on any post you made.
Now since the 'upgrade?'   Hai bpai.  Gone!

I liked to see those posted front and center in members post avatars as it gave me a feel for the community's relationship to the member.  I wish they would put it back personally.

Head over to the Forum Support Desk, that issue has been covered by George.

34 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I miss not knowing who liked/disliked/laughed....etc.....I guess they did this to minimise grudges.

I know some idiot is always putting a confused emoji on my posts.....I'd love to know who!

The confused emoji very often is misused by people who don't agree with what you have said but are too idle or unsure of themselves to post a reply.

As such it's constant misuse has made it an entirely pointless adjunct to a discussion forum!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I went through a stage where I'd dish out a hundred "like emojis" which went through to their notifications, then the following day I'd "unlike" the exact same posts, which didn't go through to their notifications.

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

The two emojis that I would vote for are a WTF (?) emoji and a thumbs down one  👎.

I cannot believe what some folk post. 🫣

I second that !!

Often  I have reacted with that exclamation after reading some posts. 

More than once  after reading some of mine the day after.😁 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sirineou said:

Frankly I am amazed by the level of non-participation so far. I thought for sure the petition part would had attracted a lot of interest.  

Prethapse most members are still in church . 

I think that reflects that contributors don't really care about the 'reputation' stats. Do any of us actually know how the numbers are calculated? Do I care? Not in the slightest. Others might like to amass as many points as they can, in a similar way that some 'friend' everyone in sight on Facebook to build huge numbers for no practical reason. Just makes them feel good, I suppose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Do any of us actually know how the numbers are calculated? Do I care? Not in the slightest.

That's because you don't know that at the end of the posting season, you can redeem them for TVF commeratice dishes , or a all inclusive trip to bathroom.

I know what i'm getting!!