Pattaya Police Conduct Active Shooter Drill at Central Pattaya Mall

webfact

S__245440638-696x392.jpg

Pattaya—On October 27th, 2023, Pol. Col. Patikorn Sornchai, the Deputy Police Commander, Chonburi Province, Pattaya police officers, and other relevant officials, conducted an “Active Shooter” incident response plan drill at Central Pattaya Shopping Mall.

The purpose of the drill was to prevent tragic incidents in the future, moreover, it would build confidence in maintaining public safety and provide public knowledge to be ready for a shooting incident if it ever occurred,

During the drill, a simulation of the mass shooting included Pattaya police officers, relevant agencies, and Central Pattaya Shopping Mall employees.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-10-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

It would not increase my confidence to wander into a Mall and see a load of ( presumably ) armed Police Officers running around and shouting

Do the training away from the Publics gaze

If there were confidence of any kind in the Police, they would not have to Train in the Public Spotlight to prove their " worth "

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

It would not increase my confidence to wander into a Mall and see a load of ( presumably ) armed Police Officers running around and shouting

Do the training away from the Publics gaze

If there were confidence of any kind in the Police, they would not have to Train in the Public Spotlight to prove their " worth "

It would certainly  be disconcerting.... although that is the type of place problems have been occurring, be it Bangkok or USA!

• Thumbs Up 1

At Central Festival in Pattaya you enter by the main doors from Second Road  and pass through a scanner which is unmanned. You can walk into the Beauty shop no scanner from 2nd Road pass through it straight into the Mall avoiding the scanner, farce comes to mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there such thing as a "passive" shooter?

9 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

At Central Festival in Pattaya you enter by the main doors from Second Road  and pass through a scanner which is unmanned. You can walk into the Beauty shop no scanner from 2nd Road pass through it straight into the Mall avoiding the scanner, farce comes to mind.

You're correct about it being a farce.  What are they supposed to be scanning for?  The ones at the airports go off if you've got a coin in your pocket, so that wouldn't work out too well in a shopping mall. 

If there's a shooter, set an ambush and take the guy out.  If you die, you'll go down like a man instead of a worm. 

I'd want my friends and family to see footage of me being brave and resourceful, someone they could be proud to have called a friend.  Imagine if your final act on this planet was to cower, snivel and beg, and your loved ones had to live with that image for the rest of their lives.