It's ok to be bored just not everyday

bignok

1 minute ago, swissie said:

A sure fire way to get bored in Thailand: Live in the sticks for 5 years alone, with no "in house" female. Strictly seeking occasional "entertainment" some 150 Km away. At first, there were 5 Farangs in the neighborhood. They died like flies. Eventually I found myself truly "alone".

Although my Thai language skills increased nicely, I found it hard to connect with Thais. (There must be something wrong with a Farang that has no Thai female in the house). In the final stage, my only friend was the internet. At this point, I decided to terminate my "in the sticks" experiment.

The point: A Farangs existence is somehow connected to a Thai female. Be it in some family Country Isaan Comfort, or the variety of female companionship in places like Pattaya.

Seems to me, for most Farangs the companionship with a Thai female is the "anchorage", that makes them want to stay and avoid too much boredom. One way or the other.

PS: Makes sense. I always mistrusted Farangs, wearing sunglasses at midnight, claiming they are here for the temples. 

I think the human spirit enjoys love or at least some connection. I bought a series of books. They look like great books but I read 3 only. Heart isnt in to it.

The soul yearns for a connection. Simply sitting next to a woman gives you a path of least resistance.

I saw a guy who lived alone for 15 years. Hard to do. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

someone else just started a thread about boredom a few days ago.

it's arguably "unsportsmanlike" to start another thread on exactly the same topic. 

but there is no forum rule against it I guess. 

Wasn't that specifically about Thailand? This topic is about boredom full stop. What does it mean? It means you aren't busy. But being busy 7 days a week is tiring. So boredom can be a time of reflection and redirection in life. Maybe god is tapping you on the shoulder and saying time to rethink.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, bignok said:

Wasn't that specifically about Thailand? This topic is about boredom full stop. What does it mean? It means you aren't busy. But being busy 7 days a week is tiring. So boredom can be a time of reflection and redirection in life. Maybe god is tapping you on the shoulder and saying time to rethink.

Ok, I can't argue with that.

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

People who get bored are people who need to be entertained.  Sometimes it’s good to keep busy.  Sometimes it’s good to enjoy the bliss of not having to do anything.

Would you and/or bignok recommend spending MORE time on AN to combat boredom or LESS time?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, swissie said:

A sure fire way to get bored in Thailand: Live in the sticks for 5 years alone, with no "in house" female. Strictly seeking occasional "entertainment" some 150 Km away. At first, there were 5 Farangs in the neighborhood. They died like flies. Eventually I found myself truly "alone".

Although my Thai language skills increased nicely, I found it hard to connect with Thais. (There must be something wrong with a Farang that has no Thai female in the house). In the final stage, my only friend was the internet. At this point, I decided to terminate my "in the sticks" experiment.

The point: A Farangs existence is somehow connected to a Thai female. Be it in some family Country Isaan Comfort, or the variety of female companionship in places like Pattaya.

Seems to me, for most Farangs the companionship with a Thai female is the "anchorage", that makes them want to stay and avoid too much boredom. One way or the other.

PS: Makes sense. I always mistrusted Farangs, wearing sunglasses at midnight, claiming they are here for the temples. 

It's more about social interaction, other farangs will do, doesn't necessarily have to be dragging a Thai gf around

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

The late actors James Stewart and Henry Fonda were friends for over 50 years after first meeting as aspiring young actors at the summer stock theater on Cape Cod. Fonda was a die-hard liberal and Stewart an arch-Conservative. People asked how their friendship could last so long? Answer from both: They never discussed politics.

There are topics/forums on here that, just about any time I post, I can expect responses, often times multiple responses and often from the same persons, to the effect:

Mahoney, you are about the dumbest thing that ever walked.

I prefer to get those type social interaction responses on here rather than in person where my response, if any, might not be so civil

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Shop mak said:

Another new Quality thread, all about nothing.

Well done. Get in the bed and sleep now. You must be exhausted.

The past few days without him have been boring, and NONE of you do anything as interesting as Bob Smith  and bignok, shame on you! Welcome back, bird!

Edited by 2baht
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

someone else just started a thread about boredom a few days ago.

it's arguably "unsportsmanlike" to start another thread on exactly the same topic. 

but there is no forum rule against it I guess. 

Well YOU start a thread then, Sport!

• Confused 1