State of recently build condos in Pattaya, example The Base

vangrop

45 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

so you hire a car and take groceries back from makro? can't fit much on a moped.

the 3m price for that size and view looks like a great deal. probably more like 5m now?? i like the older classy style of furnishings and the older building as well. thick walls.

Your post are ridiculous. You can fits a week’s shopping on a scooter easily. Rider can put some up the front with him and you with a couple of bags on the back. I’m becoming increasingly convinced that you are a doddering old lady 👵 

48 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

so you hire a car and take groceries back from makro? can't fit much on a moped.

the 3m price for that size and view looks like a great deal. probably more like 5m now?? i like the older classy style of furnishings and the older building as well. thick walls.

Makro can deliver too right

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Most of your friends are like me? Hmmm not from that description - under 50, super fit, great condo, affluent and they are on elite too??

Super fit I doubt. It’s not your condo. Affluence only coming out of your mouth and Elite is for idiots unless you got in at the beginning. 

1 minute ago, NextG said:

He wrote square mile. How often do you go to darkest Jomtien or even as Far East as Sukhumvit?

Nothing there 555 ...i was at planet football the other week playing 7 a side though. Bolt car both ways.

You are getting very upset NextG. I don’t like to knock anyone's choices but you started having a little dig last week - now you have realised that wasn't so smart. 

• Sad 1

I don't get this entire debate about water and groceries. I just bought this automatic water pump and then order 5 of those large water things that last quite a while, they are delivered and I have a small plastic mover with wheels to the elevator for this job. I do the same with grocery deliveries. 

What is left to buy always fits on the motorbike and backpack.

35 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Oh i see, you were sniping. Was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

The difference between you and me is i don't preach about my way. If you live in a 22sqm condo and you are happy then i'm happy for you! What i get snappy about is 'my way is the best and only way' crowd.

Yes some affluent people eat at central, but you wouldn't know it...

Could contain:

Lies. You ‘preach’ constantly about how much you pay for your apartment(in order to distinguish yourself from the riff-raff) and now you are showing off your Elite package 🤦🏻‍♂️
That IS riff-raff!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Yes i only do bolt cars.

I'm not frightened of bikes as such, its the consequences of coming off and the risk/reward. Its other fools on the road i'm frightened of!

So you are frightened… Less is more. 

26 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

They use e-cards not coupons.

Either central or T21. I think they are amazing - but people love to knock them. Up to them. Not my concern. 

Who has knocked them other than your partner-in-crime; JT?

6 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I don't get this entire debate about water and groceries. I just bought this automatic water pump and then order 5 of those large water things that last quite a while, they are delivered and I have a small plastic mover with wheels to the elevator for this job. I do the same with grocery deliveries. 

You have photos of the mover and water pump? I've avoided the very big bottles as I don't want to hump them about

7 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Nothing there 555 ...i was at planet football the other week playing 7 a side though. Bolt car both ways.

You are getting very upset NextG. I don’t like to knock anyone's choices but you started having a little dig last week - now you have realised that wasn't so smart. 

Does the big smile on my face mean that I’m ‘upset’ ? 😊

Perhaps you can explain to us all why you imagine “you have realised that wasn’t so smart”? You fit exactly the mould I imagined. Big mouth…

37 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

They use e-cards not coupons.

Either central or T21. I think they are amazing - but people love to knock them. Up to them. Not my concern. 

i always look for the meal first, then get that exact amount on the coupon, so there's no money left over and it looks like i'm out

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

i'm not a "delivery kind of guy". just me, i do things the old fashioned way. you can have deliveries work most anywhere if that's your thing.

Edited by JimTripper

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Disappointing that a company with a good reputation can have poor standards like that. My condo is 30 years old has none of those problems mentioned, in fact water pressure is so high I have to turn it down

Reading the above maybe my  (  also  ) 30 year old   sea facing  condo ,  while not perfect  , is not too bad and the maintenance costs 

reasonable.

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You have photos of the mover and water pump? I've avoided the very big bottles as I don't want to hump them about

I bought the mover cart a few year ago at Makro but i think they are on Lazada as well. It's super useful for all kinds of stuff.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

i always look for the meal first, then get that exact amount on the coupon, so there's no money left over and it looks like i'm out

“and it looks like I’m out” What does that mean? 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

A motorbike is part of expat life otherwise you will be restricted to the baht bus and most likely spend most of your time within a square mile

A motorbike is a ticket not to heaven but to Bangkok Hospital here in Thailand. Definitly not recommended for older farangs whose hearing, sight, reflexes retrograde visibly. I use Bolt taxis so cheap so comfortable so secure and so easy to work with.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, vangrop said:

A motorbike is a ticket not to heaven but to Bangkok Hospital here in Thailand. Definitly not recommended for older farangs whose hearing, sight, reflexes retrograde visibly. I use Bolt taxis so cheap so comfortable so secure and so easy to work with.

Bolt Taxi bikes? You take your own helmet? Bolt car is unusable in the Pattaya traffic, total waste of time.

You have the attitude of a scared non rider, if you rode you wouldn't think like that

7 minutes ago, vangrop said:

They only go to Bangkok Hospital ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Bolt Taxi bikes? You take your own helmet? Bolt car is unusable in the Pattaya traffic, total waste of time.

You have the attitude of a scared non rider, if you rode you wouldn't think like that

Nonsense…

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

bolt taxi cars. Trafic is for everybody and bikes too. You have to think strategically to avoid theses. Where you want to go and at what time of the day and which roads to run