State of recently build condos in Pattaya, example The Base

vangrop

Just now, Celsius said:

What is this nonsense about Pattaya and affluent in the same sentence? And then to prove your point you post a picture of a glorified tourist visa?

You guys are really something.

That’s just ONE person. Direct it at him. 
Though to be fair, you too liked to boast about what you had. Pot calling kettle black?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Oh i see, you were sniping. Was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

The difference between you and me is i don't preach about my way. If you live in a 22sqm condo and you are happy then i'm happy for you! What i get snappy about is 'my way is the best and only way' crowd.

Yes some affluent people eat at central, but you wouldn't know it...

Could contain:

How do you compare the elite to the LTR? 50k baht cost, no tax obligations, yearly reporting and 10 year visa.

Edited by lextsy

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

I’m not going to get into it here. You know what I mean. 
Showing disrespect to people who might have less money than you is not something I take lightly. 
Some of us are lucky to have enough and even more than enough. Don’t abuse the privilege. Help others when you can. Don’t look down on them thinking you are better than them. 

I never look down on anyone, but when someone compares with a batman slap meme my hard working wife to a bar girl I do return the favor.

Edited by Celsius

2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Thread has gone from condo build standard to how far to walk with groceries and water to live or die bolt bikes, to people bragging about having an overpriced Elite visa to now being a lecture on how not to flaunt wealth

What's next to cover?

Your opinion on the thread perhaps?

Ah… it seems that’s been done too. 
Have you visited The Base?

10 minutes ago, NextG said:

Your opinion on the thread perhaps?

Ah… it seems that’s been done too. 
Have you visited The Base?

Why would I want to visit the Base when OP says it sold for 150,000 per sqm, total rip off.

I live 400 metres from it in a 100sqm condo I was happy to pay only 60k per sqm.

13 years later condo complex is still in great condition with Gym, pools, Sauna, and all common areas in as new condition unlike what it sounds like at the Base

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

Back on topic after all this pointless arguing and dick measuring.

I've seen pics of some of the units and the state of The Base and agree with the OP that it's in a bad state for a newish condo and wouldn't want to be an owner of a unit there at the moment. I've stayed in Unixx for long periods and it's about 8 years old or so and is in great shape and maintained well in my opinion. Only issue is the slow ass elevator trips and it's not as central as The Base or The Edge.

Btw I'm also on Elite as being under 50, it was the only option for me to stay here long term and hassle free but I agree with anyone who says it's a glorified tourist visa, overpriced and certainly wouldn't use it to show off or actually feel like I'm anything special for having it.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Bolt Taxi bikes? You take your own helmet? Bolt car is unusable in the Pattaya traffic, total waste of time.

You have the attitude of a scared non rider, if you rode you wouldn't think like that

BS, I take Bolt Car between Central/Terminal 21 and Jomtien around Soi 13 many times. I don't give a flying fxxx if that takes 5 minutes more or less. The price is the same, so why should I care? Even on Thai Holiday weekends its no big deal. Till now I got all the time a nice car, sit relaxed in aircon and do not have to worry about anything. 

Maybe you should take a deep breath, stress yourself a little less and relax.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CHdiver said:

BS, I take Bolt Car between Central/Terminal 21 and Jomtien around Soi 13 many times. I don't give a flying fxxx if that takes 5 minutes more or less. The price is the same, so why should I care? Even on Thai Holiday weekends its no big deal. Till now I got all the time a nice car, sit relaxed in aircon and do not have to worry about anything. 

Maybe you should take a deep breath, stress yourself a little less and relax.

Learn to ride a motorbike, it's better 

Off-topic: I first visited Thailand as a backpacker, when retirement rules were probably different. When people arrived on the islands and realised they found their paradise, some decided to try to stay and to make it their home. 
In short, I do get a bit annoyed with the fools shouting ‘if you don’t have 800k or 65k coming in per month, then go home blah blah blah’. 😠
I have great respect for anyone who can manage with what they have and still have a good character and personality. Trying to 
put these people down will likely be met with ‘pushback’ from me whenever I see it. 
If there is someone here with an ever shrinking pension, is it his fault that his dream is being stolen from him? 

Then we have the brash idiots boasting about how much they can spend on their accommodation, in so they don’t have to mix with the people who have less. Disgusting. 
I have people in my condo who likely give away as charity (to support families) double what that show off spends monthly, yet they pay less rent than I do. 
Some people use it for good, whilst others use it to ‘boost’ their own very poor characters. 
I prefer to know good people. Money doesn’t come into it. 

Edited by NextG
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why would I want to visit the Base when OP says it sold for 150,000 per sqm, total rip off.

I live 400 metres from it in a 100sqm condo I was happy to pay only 60k per sqm.

13 years later condo complex is still in great condition with Gym, pools, Sauna, and all common areas in as new condition unlike what it sounds like at the Base

Was just bringing it back on-topic 😊

Enjoy 😊

Many chinees owns units in the Base. I booked via booking.com without any knowledge of the owner. The guy happens to be Chinees. He doesn't talk any word of English, neither Thai. Could have helped because my Thai wife is with me. The first day was a nightmare, nothing worked neither airco, tv, safe, lights aso. I asked for two sets of keys and got only one. Also impossible to communicate with the guy. Finally he sent his handyman who also only spoke Mandarin. Luckily he was obsessed by my wife, she led him by the wand (such as me) and gots everything less or more done. But back to the topic. These small units of 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen and 1 living make around 20 square meters. This remind me documentaries of the tiny condos in Chinas big cities. Should there be a link?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vangrop said:

Many chinees owns units in the Base. I booked via booking.com without any knowledge of the owner. The guy happens to be Chinees. He doesn't talk any word of English, neither Thai. Could have helped because my Thai wife is with me. The first day was a nightmare, nothing worked neither airco, tv, safe, lights aso. I asked for two sets of keys and got only one. Also impossible to communicate with the guy. Finally he sent his handyman who also only spoke Mandarin. Luckily he was obsessed by my wife, she led him by the wand (such as me) and gots everything less or more done. But back to the topic. These small units of 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen and 1 living make around 20 square meters. This remind me documentaries of the tiny condos in Chinas big cities. Should there be a link?

Of course a lot of those places were built with the Chinese and Russians in mind. No doubt. Bought as ‘investments’ not for living. Just little hotel rooms. 
Meant to look good at first…

13 hours ago, strikingsunset said:

well maybe if they are upscale, from my humble research older builds ,maybe without sea view, around

25000 baht sq m.

Close, but perhaps for a run down condo like sombat, or other poorly maintained condos.

VT1,2,3,4,5 all sell for similar prices which is closer to 40000baht persqm

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lextsy said:

Close, but perhaps for a run down condo like sombat, or other poorly maintained condos.

Not necessarily…But it helps to have inside knowledge. 

• Love It 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2023 at 12:19 PM, strikingsunset said:

well maybe if they are upscale, from my humble research older builds ,maybe without sea view, around

25000 baht sq m.

Just returning to this, obviously there will be a lot of excitement as its peak peak season.

I see lots of apartments ,being marketed at crazy inflated prices.

So, come to May time will a middle of the road condo return to c 20,000 baht sqm.

Appreciate your views.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, strikingsunset said:

Just returning to this, obviously there will be a lot of excitement as its peak peak season.

So, come to May time will a middle of the road condo return to c 20,000 baht sqm.

Appreciate your views.   

Doubt it, prices have only gone up since covid, should stabilise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Doubt it, prices have only gone up since covid, should stabilise

Yeah, people thinking we are going to return to pre-Covid, 2019 prices for condo rentals, airfares, hotels etc are dreaming. We had a bout of serious inflation in many places post Covid..... I am just hoping we can get traffic back to tolerable levels after the high season.....

• Agree 1

On 11/6/2023 at 8:28 AM, lexxy said:

There is no View Talay 4 highrise condo.  There is a View Talay 4 Residence low rise.  VT1 and 2 may be around 40,000 baht a sqm but VT 3 and 5 are higher--averaging around 52,000 baht a sqm.  That's average--prices vary, with view and condo size often being key.  Larger units, and higher floors with the best seaviews, can run around 80,000 baht a sqm.  For example, VT3 has a 2 bedroom on the top floor--20--with a sqm of around 88,000 baht.   I agree with you that 25,000 baht a sqm will be found with much less desirable, non-seaview projects.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, strikingsunset said:

Appreciate your views.   

Let's return to this in May and you can show me some 'middle of the road' condos for 20,000 baht a sqm.  And, no, Nirun, Fly Bird, et al don't qualify.  Middle of the road condos would be projects like Atlantis, The Winner, Pattaya Condotel, Acqua, The Pride, Amazon, Trio Gems, Porch Land, The Ivy, Park Lane, Thip, and all The View Talays, both condos and residences.

• Thumbs Up 1