Forza 350 steering wobble

Badrabbit

Anyone managed to sort this problem out?

It happens if you take your hands off the steering which of course you shouldent do..

Honda say if its okay when you are driving its fine they also say "don't take your hands off the steering"

Other than this the bike is awesome.

Edited by Badrabbit

7 minutes ago, papa al said:

Is headset adjusted properly.?

No idea the bike is very new, apparently all 350's have the problem, could be adjustments but the Video I saw was on a new Forza with no modifications, mine drives great so I don't consider it a problem untill it happens when driving with your hands on the steering.

I'll keep my hands on from now on but have only taken them off a couple of times just to check.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, digbeth said:

this is a known problem, especially pronounced if you have top boxes or wife fitted to the back, 

some tried fixing int with stiffer springs in the back 

Yes I've got a top box plus YSS G-TX rear suspension.

It's fine, getting old now so big powerful bikes are out for me, Forza is great, plenty of power for me

• Love It 1

had a 2022 Honda wave 110 new. With a bit of luggage the wobble was ridiculous, actually dangerous. Front end was way to light. 30-45 kph is always the worst zone, physics or something. Honda mechanics in 4 shops couldn't figure it out, I traded it on a 125. Sorted. 

Id get a different bike. 

I was coming up a mountain on a windy day with the 110. I leaned into a left curve and the the wind caught my front wheel. the steering went complete left, complete right and then settled down. I pulled over to change underwear and decided to sell the bike. 

I was surprised when one mechanic weighing in at 150kg had the same effect, I thought his weight in the middle of the bike would cancel the problem but no. 

4 minutes ago, marcusb said:

had a 2022 Honda wave 110 new. With a bit of luggage the wobble was ridiculous, actually dangerous. Front end was way to light. 30-45 kph is always the worst zone, physics or something. Honda mechanics in 4 shops couldn't figure it out, I traded it on a 125. Sorted. 

Id get a different bike. 

I was coming up a mountain on a windy day with the 110. I leaned into a left curve and the the wind caught my front wheel. the steering went complete left, complete right and then settled down. I pulled over to change underwear and decided to sell the bike. 

I was surprised when one mechanic weighing in at 150kg had the same effect, I thought his weight in the middle of the bike would cancel the problem but no. 

I'll be doing a 2500km trip this coming January so let's see how that goes, I met a man recently who was having the same problem, his bike had done over 25,000kms.

I've only done just under 2,000kms it's great so far.

I heard about this issue too, even on the old model Forza, so I decided I never take both my hands off the handlebar, so became a none issue for me, those who lift both hands off a motorbike deserve a bit of wobble, here and there, and everywhere....!!! 🙄😜

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

2021 Forza 350 

All good until 20,000 KMs and I decided to change the OEM tyres that came with it. Up until that point I had no issues.... (If it's not broke, don't try and fix it !!!)

I also ride big bikes all over Thailand and withing days of putting on, what I thought to be very good tyres, Michelin City Grip 2 I went away on a trip.... 

It was not until I returned and used the scooter a bit more that I suddenly noticed a severe front end wobble at about 70KMH plus.... 

Again have not been here to sort out.... Took it to tyre place to check wheel balance and they were spot on. 

So I either have a problem with the new tyres or something has suddenly decided to be a problem. 

I have never fitted steering dampers on any bike in over 40yrs, so there must be something else to try ? 

I like to use the Forza to go to BKK, so much easier than the car, but it's madness on the "3" as it is, let alone with a bike that wants t throw me off !! 

Up until now I have really enjoyed the bike, perfect size and that little extra power :) 

image.png.c998195de30bd476133e40b09c2ee129.png

Edited by AtlasAus

Go with another tyre, maybe the original came with it..., I have heard people changing tyres cure some of the issue, although they changed the factory one...! 

Maybe it has got to do with the shape of tyre, some more flat, some more oval etc. ...!?