Sausages From 7/11.

NoshowJones

True meat sausages (not hot dogs), then the skin/casing comes off quite easily by simply slicing with a knife and peeling off.  Then cook, as I do quite oven, depending what I'm preparing.

If I'm making sausage, I never put them in casing, as simply too much hassle and make sausage patties.  Wife always seems to use casings for hers.

For hot dogs & similar types, it's the chilling during the emulsification process the makes them hard to remove from the casing, before or after cooking.

If bothers you that much (the hot dog type), just buy bologna 😂

Do note, some sausages are supposed to be boiled before 'grilled' to render the fat down to a more soluble level.  If not, eating can be a bit unpleasant.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

When I used to make my own, they were always in skins.

Now, thinking about it, the only sausages without skin are the industrial ones. The ones that contain hardly any meat.

The best ones from 7-11, IMO, are either the Japanese or the ones from German Butcher. Both have skins and can be boiled, shallow fried, air fried, microwaved, you name it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe most of us eat the skin unless you are talking about the few that use plastic wrap - which needs to be removed prior to heating or cooking.

No I just mean the skins, when I first came to Thailand I was buying them, I liked them but I just got fed up peeling off the skins and wondered why there was skins on them in the first place.

So you can buy them with a plastic wrap, it should be easier to take off. I will look for them but I think I would have noticed them before now.

15 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

No I just mean the skins, when I first came to Thailand I was buying them, I liked them but I just got fed up peeling off the skins and wondered why there was skins on them in the first place.

So you can buy them with a plastic wrap, it should be easier to take off. I will look for them but I think I would have noticed them before now.

I was talking franks/hot dog types rather than UK sausages I fear - some of the hot dogs use plastic covering.  Sorry for my mix-up.

• Thanks 1