Finally Some Decent Farang Food In Nakhon Si Thammarat.

Logarhythm

For those posters who are deprived of decent "no frills" Farang food, there is now somewhere where you can get a good hamburger and BLT sandwich in Nakhon Si Thammarat. It also does an excellent bacon, eggs, tomato and baked beans for breakfest on weekends. All reasonably priced. They also sell Thai food. It is called Palm's and the lady who does the cooking clearly has a clue when it comes to satifying Farangs culinary needs. It situated about 4 kms past the Kukwang intersection on the road to Paak Nakhon. It's in a Moo Baan called Baan Saeng Dewan Laguna. There is a small crossroads about 50 metres before the Moo Baan. Go through the crossroads then turn left. The restaurant is one of the shop houses on the left just inside the Moo Baan gates. It's opening hours are : Tues- Fri 4-9pm and Sat-Sun 8am-9pm.

Rhys Posted Today, 2007-07-18 15:10:19

Howdy Partner.. could you give some landmark locations.. In relation to Robinson/Ocean.. Thanks.. Cheers mate

Turn left out of Ocean, down to the traffic lights and turn right, out of town. Its four km. down, you will pass a cement works on your right (1km), keep on going about another three. Just after the small crossroads turn left into Baan Saeng Dewan Laguna. Shop houses are on the left just inside the gates. You will pass several moo-baans on the way down, Saeng Dewan is the last one, look for the big, formerly, ornate entrance. Apart from the T-junction at the cement works there is only the small crossroads before the moo-baan.

Hope this helps, not many landmarks apart from the odd cow wandering across the road!

Sean

Rhys Posted Today, 2007-07-22 21:28:33

Thanks Sean... This is much better... let you know how it goes..Cheers Mate.

Hope you enjoy the food. Probably see you there, I am there every evening. Its my wife's place! :o

By the way.. can you locate a possible Steak Shop... Not the one by Ocean.. Cheers

The only half decent steak house I have found here in 5 years is Steak & More. Go South, past Wat Mahatat about 1km. Its on the left just before the second hump back bridge past the temple. The road widens out just after the bridge. Can't think of any particular land marks other than that. The New Zealand sirloin is not bad and you can get them to do it blue!

Sean

For those posters who are deprived of decent "no frills" Farang food, there is now somewhere where you can get a good hamburger and BLT sandwich in Nakhon Si Thammarat. It also does an excellent bacon, eggs, tomato and baked beans for breakfest on weekends. All reasonably priced. They also sell Thai food. It is called Palm's and the lady who does the cooking clearly has a clue when it comes to satifying Farangs culinary needs. It situated about 4 kms past the Kukwang intersection on the road to Paak Nakhon. It's in a Moo Baan called Baan Saeng Dewan Laguna. There is a small crossroads about 50 metres before the Moo Baan. Go through the crossroads then turn left. The restaurant is one of the shop houses on the left just inside the Moo Baan gates. It's opening hours are : Tues- Fri 4-9pm and Sat-Sun 8am-9pm.

A "good hamburger" (sic) is a strange object, associated with love bullets and sweet criminals !

And what you call a "culinary need" is just a crave for junk food, you are wrong to associate all "falangs" with it !

There are a lot of people, classified as "falang" too, that have more decent tastes regarding food.

US people tend to beleive they are the navel of the world, in fact, rgarding food, they just are its rectum !

MengWan Posted Today, 2007-07-23 08:05:17

A "good hamburger" (sic) is a strange object, associated with love bullets and sweet criminals !

And what you call a "culinary need" is just a crave for junk food, you are wrong to associate all "falangs" with it !

Your understanding of the English language seems to be lacking. Logarhythm did not associate all ''Falangs" with a craving for hamburgers. Unfortunately, you seem to have little idea of what good food is. Like all food, hamburgers can be of high quality and low (junk).

There are a lot of people, classified as "falang" too, that have more decent tastes regarding food.

This is a rather puerile statement.

US people tend to beleive they are the navel of the world, in fact, rgarding food, they just are its rectum !

Whilst not being of North American stock, I find this a most insulting statement. You obviously have no knowledge or experience of food in America. Having lived there for three years, I can assure you that they have food of very high quality. as good as anywhere.

If you feel the need to be insulting I suggest you take your rants to one of the other forums where it is more acceptable.

Yours truly

Sean

Your understanding of the English language seems to be lacking. Logarhythm did not associate all ''Falangs" with a craving for hamburgers. Unfortunately, you seem to have little idea of what good food is. Like all food, hamburgers can be of high quality and low (junk).

Whilst not being of North American stock, I find this a most insulting statement. You obviously have no knowledge or experience of food in America. Having lived there for three years, I can assure you that they have food of very high quality. as good as anywhere.

If you feel the need to be insulting I suggest you take your rants to one of the other forums where it is more acceptable.

Yours truly

Sean

My dear truly,

I obvously do not master the english language, I satisfy myself with a bad knowledge of 5 languages.

I found insulting to the thaï cuisine, that is one of the most reputed in the world for its great variety and its healthyness, the somebody could came here to eat "good hamburgers".

I understand although that this is a free country, that the suicidal tendancies are not prosecuted, and I would recommend elephant-shit as a supplement with the "culinary" treat.

But there is a wrong side to this that you sure heard about !

The rate of obese children in this country is rising as fast as the number of junk-food-selling outlets !

The curves are absolutely parallel, and the biggest culprits are the "culinary" beverages that contain huge quantities of sugar.

So, the fate of the children of thaïland make me a little mad and I am sure it is the right place to express my ire, but I do understand that you are not.

I know that a lot of "falangs" are here just to make some money out of the people, whatever the consequences.

SHOW ME THE MONEY, SHOW ME THE KWAN, SHOW ME...

Sean you are just getting to rich on this resturant thing... can you share wih me??????????

:o Falangs here to make money on Thai people, now that is funny... Is making a living bad? Get a life....

If you dont like it, stay away. :D Noone will hunt you down and drag you over there to eat... :D

PS... The bacon was a ...

:D

Snob.

Rhys Posted Today, 2007-07-24 22:48:06

Possible visit.. this weekends Hope to see Sean

I am very sorry but we shall be closed Sat - Mon for the long holiday. Open again on Tuesday.

Hope to meet you soon.

Sean

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH O Iam now crying of laughter....

All that for nothing Sean. :D

So are you taking the family out for a nice weekend to see the relatives?

Talk to you later today?

Any chance of golf then? :D

Is it a full moon this weekend? :o

Edited by snowflake

snowflake Posted Yesterday, 2007-07-25 09:31:13

All that for nothing Sean. laugh.gif

Talk to you later today?

Any chance of golf then? intheclub.gif

Is it a full moon this weekend? whistling.gif

Up yours snowflake :o

snowflake Posted Yesterday, 2007-07-25 09:31:13

All that for nothing Sean. laugh.gif

Talk to you later today?

Any chance of golf then? intheclub.gif

Is it a full moon this weekend? whistling.gif

Up yours snowflake :o

Hahahaha you did not say that yesterday evening, then it was up mine...

Seriously, since I am on a two months phone ban from Geordie (wont answer my phone) I guess that you are the one I have to lean on...

Golf on saturday?

By the way, I was really hungry yesterday.... Really hungry..... and I stayed at your shop until 0030... Was the label good?

You are a drunk!...

• 4 weeks later...

Yours truly

Sean

My dear truly,

I obvously do not master the english language, I satisfy myself with a bad knowledge of 5 languages.

I found insulting to the thaï cuisine, that is one of the most reputed in the world for its great variety and its healthyness, the somebody could came here to eat "good hamburgers".

I understand although that this is a free country, that the suicidal tendancies are not prosecuted, and I would recommend elephant-shit as a supplement with the "culinary" treat.

But there is a wrong side to this that you sure heard about !

The rate of obese children in this country is rising as fast as the number of junk-food-selling outlets !

The curves are absolutely parallel, and the biggest culprits are the "culinary" beverages that contain huge quantities of sugar.

So, the fate of the children of thaïland make me a little mad and I am sure it is the right place to express my ire, but I do understand that you are not.

I know that a lot of "falangs" are here just to make some money out of the people, whatever the consequences.

This is kind of funny. But your satire seems to be constructed TOO perfectly. Your non-grammar is TOO non-grammatically consistent. Your appearance of a lack of intelligence is TOO unintelligent.

Mix it up a little; and your humor would be a little more laughable.

For the record Sean, I do like the food I get there... It's not the best food in the world but then again we are close to the end of civilization...

Let him trashtalk the resturant, he might not have liked it, or gotten bad service. Maybe someone told him something bad about the place, maybe he just saw the light and turned blind and stupid... Every man is allowed to have his own oppinions, even if they are wrong and he clearly has not got any brain or pallet. Let him eat fermented fish (yummi) and let us be out of the toilette the following day.....

BTW Nakhonsiron, could you not find a better name or did you let Sean pick one for you... Are you in Love or is it just the food that pulled you into getting the same name????

BTW Nakhonsiron, could you not find a better name or did you let Sean pick one for you...

Ki kiat :o

Are you in Love or is it just the food that pulled you into getting the same name????

Sean already has enough significant others, and a wife; and great friends like yourself!

I guess I'll just adore him from afar.

BTW Nakhonsiron, could you not find a better name or did you let Sean pick one for you...

Ki kiat :D

Are you in Love or is it just the food that pulled you into getting the same name????

Sean already has enough significant others, and a wife; and great friends like yourself!

I guess I'll just adore him from afar.

Firends visit each other, right?

For the last few years Sir Sean has never been at my house for social reasons at all... He's been invited all the time but he is just to lazy to go there... Hurt me right up there with the starving children of africa...

Might be looking for a new friend to fill in for Sean when I am lonely...

The best thing with Sean is that I always know where to find him... HAHAHA Guess where...

BTW I know why you picked the name, you see I confronted Sean on it and he confessed...

:o:D know what I mean?

Yo Sean...

Do you do delivery...

Judy and I might want a sample taste...

Post a menu and we'll order to Khlong Ngae (Songkhla)

Failing that... we'll see ya on our next trip north?

Chok Dee Krap

gregybn Posted Yesterday, 2007-08-28 11:20:43

Yo Sean...

Do you do delivery...

Judy and I might want a sample taste...

Post a menu and we'll order to Khlong Ngae (Songkhla)

Failing that... we'll see ya on our next trip north?

Chok Dee Krap

Look forward to seeing you Greg, how are things in Songkhla?

Doing real fine here in the Deep South, Sean...

Eating mostly vegetarian these daze (... but very tasty varieties!)... with occasional bouts of "Sea Food & Eat It"

Could be time for a trip north soon... we'll certainly stop by for a chat (and a taste!)

Sean... since the delivery to Songkhla seems like a lost cause - we will be up your way on Fri. eve. (tomorrow)

Please reserve us your best table, with your finest linen and tableware... and have some of the best vintage (2007) of Bia Leo chilled and ready. I trust you will join our repast - for sharing all the recent newz/gossip.